The future of the ABC - Guthrie sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't it amazing how the ABC's 'fair and balanced' review of the media seems to find fault in some more than others. I'm flabbergasted by this amazing coincidence.
Yep , they are like a mini BBC .

The BBC's internal contradictions

The ABC is the same . They never declares the interests of the leftie commentators that they go to.

When did they ever acknoledge the Flannery had interests in thermal power firm Geodynamics , that got a $90M grant from Rudd?

You should not make light of it, as it seems you are brushing it off.

I'm sure John is consistent and considers the catholic church a fine and upstanding organisation in spite of their past associations.

Yawn. More apologism. The typical nonsense from supporters of state broadcasting.

The vast majority don't watch the ABC. They just have to pay for it. Shameful stuff that you should demand such a subsidy from other Australians.

Humour that you use News Corpse given it was the BBC that acted as chief enabler of the corpse shagger.

"The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children". Bonhoffer
Rubbish! The ABC has a bigger audience than any commercial operation. In part because of its reach.

Take a look at the latest radio ratings in Melbourne. The ABC won the major rating time spots - breakfast and mornings - and were near the top in nearly all time spots.

But you keep watching the mindless stuff served-up by commercial television which is driving them to the wall. Have a gander at the profitability of the networks. Starting with Ten and Nine.

I'm sure John is consistent and considers the catholic church a fine and upstanding organisation in spite of their past associations.
So I am tagged again in a pathetic attempt to imply that I support peados. Weak as water weak pal weak as water. Typical of the scum Murdoch camp followers.

Rubbish! The ABC has a bigger audience than any commercial operation. In part because of its reach.

Take a look at the latest radio ratings in Melbourne. The ABC won the major rating time spots - breakfast and mornings - and were near the top in nearly all time spots.

But you keep watching the mindless stuff served-up by commercial television which is driving them to the wall. Have a gander at the profitability of the networks. Starting with Ten and Nine.

Easy when you don't have to make a profit.

So I am tagged again in a pathetic attempt to imply that I support peados. Weak as water weak pal weak as water. Typical of the scum Murdoch camp followers.

You implied that yourself.

Why do you think Fairfax is going broke? Their main competitor for the left viewpoint is free AND has a massively bigger budget.

It's not just Fairfax, the whole industry has been in decline for years and is now redundant because of the internet. The online subscription model is unsustainable because it simply does not generate enough revenue. Advertising/classified revenue has been lost to the internet. The ABC is as much to blame for Fairfax's demise as carsales.com.au, Gumtree, Seek, real estate websites etc., along with every other free news source and pretty much the rest internet.

Not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying you're inconsistent in you condemnation of those who support paedos.

If we're being particular though, please justify your characterisation of me as a "scum Murdoch camp follower"

It's not just Fairfax, the whole industry has been in decline for years and is now redundant because of the internet. The online subscription model is unsustainable because it simply does not generate enough revenue. Advertising/classified revenue has been lost to the internet. The ABC is as much to blame for Fairfax's demise as carsales.com.au, Gumtree, Seek, real estate websites etc., along with every other free news source and pretty much the rest internet.

Exactly, so there is no need for as much publicly funded media as there once was. Indeed it is disrupting the transition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying you're inconsistent in you condemnation of those who support paedos.

If we're being particular though, please justify your characterisation of me as a "scum Murdoch camp follower"
I make comment on Murdoch, not the BBC, not the catholic church nor much else around here. Now twice in the space of a week I have been tagged in posts that implied that I have been soft on peados and to be frank that issue is nothing to do with Murdoch. It shits me off. FWIW I have been on 2 juries concerning peado's and they were harrowing experiences. With that in mind I ain't putting up with Medusala and whoever that was above tag me in posts defending Murdoch but then attaching peado. Can get ****ed. Weak as piss. The Murdoch press is very very good at that type of implication. Have turned it into an art form. Hack phone so to defend themselves go on the attack. These attacks on me are typical of that behaviour.

I make comment on Murdoch, not the BBC, not the catholic church nor much else around here. Now twice in the space of a week I have been tagged in posts that implied that I have been soft on peados and to be frank that issue is nothing to do with Murdoch. It shits me off. FWIW I have been on 2 juries concerning peado's and they were harrowing experiences. With that in mind I ain't putting up with Medusala and whoever that was above tag me in posts defending Murdoch but then attaching peado. Can get ******. Weak as piss. The Murdoch press is very very good at that type of implication. Have turned it into an art form. Hack phone so to defend themselves go on the attack. These attacks on me are typical of that behaviour.

Follow the string of quote from what I wrote and you were replying to a comment on the BBC and paedophiles.

It seems that to the right, quality journalism = left wing journalism.
There's plenty of blatantly biased right wing "journalism". Yet there seems to be a fear from the right that if there is any independent, quality journalism at all in this country, the right wing cause is harmed. Hence Gina's desperation to wreck Fairfax journalist independence.

I guess the right survives and thrives on ignorance. In order to gain government whilst representing the interests of a very small minority, you have to trick people into voting against their own interests.
Difficult to do if they're listening to the ABC

Follow the string of quote from what I wrote and you were replying to a comment on the BBC and paedophiles.
I was defending myself after twice being tagged. First time I was tagged I had not even read this forum in days and had no idea what the conversation was. Well if our London expert on everything wants to include me in his war against everyone I will respond accordingly. Cheap shots aimed at me over things that are nothing to do with the subject I discuss. I can handle banter and have got a couple of well deserved pastings around here at times but I ain't putting up with s**t.

It seems that to the right, quality journalism = left wing journalism.
There's plenty of blatantly biased right wing "journalism". Yet there seems to be a fear from the right that if there is any independent, quality journalism at all in this country, the right wing cause is harmed. Hence Gina's desperation to wreck Fairfax journalist independence.

I guess the right survives and thrives on ignorance. In order to gain government whilst representing the interests of a very small minority, you have to trick people into voting against their own interests.
Difficult to do if they're listening to the ABC

Seems that to the left, 'biased to the left' = 'quality journalism' because it agrees with your preferences. Sadly, it's no more correct than those who think right wing journalism is quality for the same reason. They're all good, and they're all bad and as long as they're private organisations, they have every right to be.

The difference with the ABC is that their charter says they need to be balanced, so it has no right to be so one sided.

I was defending myself after twice being tagged. First time I was tagged I had not even read this forum in days and had no idea what the conversation was. Well if our London expert on everything wants to include me in his war against everyone I will respond accordingly. Cheap shots aimed at me over things that are nothing to do with the subject I discuss. I can handle banter and have got a couple of well deserved pastings around here at times but I ain't putting up with s**t.

OK, you've got a gripe, but I included you as a legit reference, so don't get pissed with me.

The bastards won't be happy until Four Corners is replaced by stories on diet scams and celeb gossip, QandA by Bolt and QI is replaced by MKR.

How lowbrow do you have to be to label the ABC as lefty intellectual nonsense? We have one of the few state funded broadcasters that's independent enough to be critical of the government of the day and to me that's worth fighting for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back