2014-15 EPL Season Predictions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah agree with this.

It's not much of a prediction thread if you do it a month through the competition.
But this is a projection thread.
And you can project things at any time.

;)

I prefer the cut off point to be after the summer transfer window shuts.

Nothing worse than massive deadline dealings happening and ******* up your table.

I wont be making any predictions just yet. Plenty more movement in the window before I make any predictions.

I prefer the cut off point to be after the summer transfer window shuts.

Nothing worse than massive deadline dealings happening and ******* up your table.

I wont be making any predictions just yet. Plenty more movement in the window before I make any predictions.
By the same token, tipping a month in means you lose the potential to pick a bolter/slider etc. If a West Ham or QPR pick up 12 points in those games, it makes it easier to predict them.

Long term predictions being made after the commencement of the season is like tipping a game of footy at 1/4 time.

Sure, you wont be right 100% of the time, but it's still an unfair advantage.

Yeah I'm happy to go with start of the season since that's when my other comp will be cutting off, would make it easier. :)

Agree that it makes it harder to predict bolters. Also agree that late signings can * up your predictions in a way that is impossible to predict.

I actually like the idea of finalising predictions before the opening round of games - gives it a bit more of an unknown quantity.

Maybe as a compromise (and if it's not too much work for SM and Dirty Bird) you could have 2 different prediction comps (1 for pre games being played and another for after the transfer window shuts).

Personally would rather just have 1 standard though but that's my 2 cents.

I actually like the idea of finalising predictions before the opening round of games - gives it a bit more of an unknown quantity.

Maybe as a compromise (and if it's not too much work for SM and Dirty Bird) you could have 2 different prediction comps (1 for pre games being played and another for after the transfer window shuts).

Personally would rather just have 1 standard though but that's my 2 cents.

I'm happy just going with shut off at the start of the season!

1. Chelsea
2. Manchester City
3. Arsenal
4. Manchester United
5. Liverpool
6. Tottenham
7. Everton
8. Newcastle
9. Palace
10. QPR
11. Swansea
12. Southampton
13. Leciester
14. Hull
15. Sunderland
16. West Brom
17. Aston villa
18. Stoke
19. West Ham
20. Burnley

F.A Cup - Chelsea
League Cup - West Brom
Champions League - Bayern Munich
Europa - Athletico
1st Manager sacked - Bruce
Top Scorer - Van Persie
Best Transfer - Fabregas
Biggest Flop - Costa
Promoted - Fulham, Derby & Watford
La Liga - Barca
Serie A - Juve
Bundesliga - Bayern Munich

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't rate him mate?

Honestly just cant see a standout bad transfer at this stage, probably should have waited till a bit further in the window. It wasn't anything special about him to be honest, just that it can be difficult adjusting to English football, especially playing behind the sstriker.

1. Man City
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Arsenal
5. Man Utd - to be honest, 3,4 or 5 could be in any order depending on who settles quickest, but I'm Liverpool!
6. Spurs
7. Southampton
8. Swansea City
9. Crystal Palace - the bolter.
10. Villa
11. Newcastle
12. Sunderland
13. West Ham
14. Hull Tigers
15. Stoke City
16. Everton - the sliders.
17. Leicester City
18. WBA
19. Burnley
20. QPR

F.A Cup - Liverpool, would love that.
League Cup - Man City
Europa - Monaco
1st Manager sacked - Martinez, the Moysiah returns!
Top Scorer - Sturridge
Best Transfer - Llana
Biggest Flop - Costa, thanks to Mourinho's tactics.
Promoted - Who knows.
La Liga - Real Madrid
Serie A - Napoli

Honestly just cant see a standout bad transfer at this stage, probably should have waited till a bit further in the window. It wasn't anything special about him to be honest, just that it can be difficult adjusting to English football, especially playing behind the sstriker.

All good, that's fair enough mate. I think if any of our new signings is likely to 'struggle' at first, it could very well be Cabella (who has such a light frame and build). He's our biggest purchase in nearly 10 years as well. That being said, he has great pace and likes to take players on so if he makes opposition teams nervous, he could win a lot of frees when attempting dribbles and cutting in.

Valencia (if he joins West Ham for the mentioned $12m) could be another 'flop' given he's coming off a decent WC but only 1 good season in the Mexican league (and the mixed success of Mexicans in England). For their hefty price tags, I'm not sure if the likes of Shaw and Lallana will justify the prices paid for their signatures but obviously time will tell.

1. Man City
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Arsenal
5. Man Utd - to be honest, 3,4 or 5 could be in any order depending on who settles quickest, but I'm Liverpool!
6. Spurs
7. Southampton
8. Swansea City
10. Villa
11. Newcastle
12. Sunderland
13. West Ham
14. Hull Tigers
15. Stoke City
17. Leicester City
18. WBA
19. Burnley
20. QPR

League Cup - Man City
Europa - Monaco
Top Scorer - Sturridge
Best Transfer - Llana
Promoted - Who knows.
La Liga - Real Madrid
Serie A - Napoli

Sorry mate, you've only listed 19 PL teams in that table? Not sure who this 'Hull Tigers' outfit are?

1. Man City
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Arsenal
6. Spurs
7. Southampton
8. Swansea City
10. Villa
11. Newcastle
12. Sunderland
13. West Ham
14. Hull Tigers
15. Stoke City
17. Leicester City
18. WBA
19. Burnley
20. QPR

League Cup - Man City
Europa - Monaco
Top Scorer - Sturridge
Best Transfer - Llana
Promoted - Who knows.
La Liga - Real Madrid
Serie A - Napoli

Whos this guy?

Re best transfer/biggest flop, will there be a criteria? I tend to look at output relative to transfer fee (so 'value for money') but I know some people like to look at biggest impact/best highlight reel/awards and accolades.

Re best transfer/biggest flop, will there be a criteria? I tend to look at output relative to transfer fee (so 'value for money') but I know some people like to look at biggest impact/best highlight reel/awards and accolades.

I wondered this last season, but I'm not too sure. It's incredibly subjective.

Could I make an initial prediction now but make adjustments depending on later transfers?

Yep! I'm recording predictions now, but will go back through the thread the day the season starts to check for any updates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back