Inner Scrotum Night

Remove this Banner Ad

it was an ok night.....just a little surprised (annoyed) that neither the coach or captain were not there/speak.

lindsay is a star. hopefully his big picture of the indigenous academy at north is a huge success!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty average night:
Stock standard boring answers, I thought Lindsay was the most impressive. Speaks passionately and proudly about his heritage.
Agreed. LT spoke well.

Wellsy was also there and he mentioned that today was the first time he had trained with main group for a while. Good to hear.

This is the first time that I can recall the senior coach missing from one of these functions. Make of it what you will. :stern look

The Finger Food was substandard with the Little Burgers the pick of the bunch.

Dress Code at this event is now non existent. May as well rock up nude next time bar wearing a set of strap on ****. :stern look

Thanks for the reports guys, that sounds pretty crap for an $85 event.
Was there any apology of why the coach wasn't at the function? Pretty poor form if he didn't have a legitimate excuse. Making working on a plan b? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Scoobs not sure why Scotts wasn't there. Crocker was and spoke to those in Attendance. He was on stage along with Ziebell at the time. I suppose they represented the leadership of the club.

I can only assume that with the bye/break the coach may have gone away for a few days? Don't know. Alls I know is if I was coach I would've fronted.

Ziebell was disappointed with his performance against Carlton. He said he tried hard to make and impact as the sub but ran around like a headless chook. He wasn't alone.

Colby hosted the night. I think he does a good job. He spoke to JBs first up and Colby mentioned that some aren't happy with playing games in Hobart. JBs responded that he couldn't understand why some weren't happy. (I suppose it has something to do with being called North Melbourne and so on Jame. :stern look). Anyways what I found interesting is that Jame said that we make about $600,000 per game in Hobart. Wasn't it meant to be more? Well Jame did say that in our last season playing 11 home games in Melbourne we netted roughly $600,000 for all our 11 home games combined. I suppose that's why the idiot thought it a good idea to try and stitch up our club to a 7 home game deal on the map. :stern look

Brad Scott in the meeting re. Inner Scrotum:

Would you like be there and speak about the on field performances of the team so far this year, Brad?

seinfeld.gif

Agreed. LT spoke well.

Wellsy was also there and he mentioned that today was the first time he had trained with main group for a while. Good to hear.

This is the first time that I can recall the senior coach missing from one of these functions. Make of it what you will. :stern look

The Finger Food was substandard with the Little Burgers the pick of the bunch.

Dress Code at this event is now non existent. May as well rock up nude next time bar wearing a set of strap on ****. :stern look

Could not believe Brad didn't show.

I'm guessing Swallow went back to Perth for their long weekend off? Still two years in a row the captain hasn't fronted now.

And the burgers are always a hit! They changed it up this year with the schnitzel burgers rather than traditional beef, didn't see the lamb skewers or chicken and chips cups make their way out this time.

Colby went on for 5 minutes about trying to get something out of Lachie and Atley and then proceeded to talk himself through just about the entire interview.

Have a feeling that last comment was directed at one person in particular...

Not a bad night, but I can't believe people would be asked $85 for an event like that.

Also find it very humurous people feeling the need to advise the players to "keep doing what you're doing" or "take more risks" - honestly the last thing they want to be hearing at an event like this!

Scoobs not sure why Scotts wasn't there. Crocker was and spoke to those in Attendance. He was on stage along with Ziebell at the time. I suppose they represented the leadership of the club.

I can only assume that with the bye/break the coach may have gone away for a few days? Don't know. Alls I know is if I was coach I would've fronted.

Ziebell was disappointed with his performance against Carlton. He said he tried hard to make and impact as the sub but ran around like a headless chook. He wasn't alone.

Colby hosted the night. I think he does a good job. He spoke to JBs first up and Colby mentioned that some aren't happy with playing games in Hobart. JBs responded that he couldn't understand why some weren't happy. (I suppose it has something to do with being called North Melbourne and so on Jame. :stern look). Anyways what I found interesting is that Jame said that we make about $600,000 per game in Hobart. Wasn't it meant to be more? Well Jame did say that in our last season playing 11 home games in Melbourne we netted roughly $600,000 for all our 11 home games combined. I suppose that's why the idiot thought it a good idea to try and stitch up our club to a 7 home game deal on the map. :stern look

thanks for the report.... i would love an explanation of why the coach and captain didn't attend an official members gathering that the club invited us too.

Thought the night was ok. Paced pretty well and didnt' drag right out like some of these events can.

Drinks prices were absurd. Why not host this event at the Arden Street room (where they have AGMs etc) and pay for catering?

Food was ok except elusive at times. Corralling waiting staff seemed the best tactic to deal with this.

Colby was a good host, played the member's rep role well constantly reminding players not to give clichéd responses.

Crocker is a good man. I still wonder if he'd be our Hinkley if given a proper shot.. I liked his sample of coaching in 2009 (yeh I know... broken record).

Ziebs spoke well almost came across like a captain.. (who is that btw? didn't see one there) Both he and Crocker praised Wallace's development thus far and professional attitude but also acknowledged the work he still has to do on endurance etc. They were impressed at the number of hitouts (54?) he racked up in the VFL game.

Donald and Brayshaw both acquitted themselves well.

Atley and Hansen warmed up as they went. Lachie seems to rate his own virility. There were claims he's doing an MBA which must mean something different in Nar Nar Goon. Cynical old timers will be incensed to hear Atley and MacMillan are running a party photo booth business. "They should just concentrate on their footy" I can already hear.

Wells spoke a little particularly about Harper. He seemed pretty sympathetic about Kieran having ankle surgery, it not working and having to go in again - and how this affects an agile quick player. LT is good value once he relaxes and spoke passionately about the Indigenous academy at Arden Street and also the team not repeating games like Carlton - one of the few blokes who plays with enough heart for you to accept that statement.

I didn't think players particularly dodged their questions. It was more that the answers weren't all that different to anything we've already heard.

Thought the night was ok. Paced pretty well and didnt' drag right out like some of these events can.

Drinks prices were absurd. Why not host this event at the Arden Street room (where they have AGMs etc) and pay for catering?

Food was ok except elusive at times. Corralling waiting staff seemed the best tactic to deal with this.

Colby was a good host, played the member's rep role well constantly reminding players not to give clichéd responses.

Crocker is a good man. I still wonder if he'd be our Hinkley if given a proper shot.. I liked his sample of coaching in 2009 (yeh I know... broken record).

Ziebs spoke well almost came across like a captain.. (who is that btw? didn't see one there) Both he and Crocker praised Wallace's development thus far and professional attitude but also acknowledged the work he still has to do on endurance etc. They were impressed at the number of hitouts (54?) he racked up in the VFL game.

Donald and Brayshaw both acquitted themselves well.

Atley and Hansen warmed up as they went. Lachie seems to rate his own virility. There were claims he's doing an MBA which must mean something different in Nar Nar Goon. Cynical old timers will be incensed to hear Atley and MacMillan are running a party photo booth business. "They should just concentrate on their footy" I can already hear.

Wells spoke a little particularly about Harper. He seemed pretty sympathetic about Kieran having ankle surgery, it not working and having to go in again - and how this affects an agile quick player. LT is good value once he relaxes and spoke passionately about the Indigenous academy at Arden Street and also the team not repeating games like Carlton - one of the few blokes who plays with enough heart for you to accept that statement.

I didn't think players particularly dodged their questions. It was more that the answers weren't all that different to anything we've already heard.

Good write up, and agree with just about everything, nice to hear Wellsy go into bat for Harper, one thing i found interesting was that when Jack was asked who had really impressed him on the field this year, he could only come up with LMac, and Gibbo, i agree with both, but you would hope we would have more to hang our hat on at this stage of the season, after asking a few questions about Wood, Harper, and Turner, to a certain assistant coach, who shall remain nameless, the answers received would come as no surprise to any our posters, Wood needs to work on his defensive game, Harps is playing as an inside mid to try and get his form back, and Kayne is an exciting prospect for next year. Injuries have cruelled our depth, making wholesale changes difficult for most positions.
There is no way you would pay $85 to attend this event, $16 for a couple of stubbies, no coach or captain, or other members of leadership group in attendance, as far as the food goes i thought the pork belly snacks were sensational and havent seen them get a mention yet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back