Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps but if I had to choose between he or Boyd, I wouldn't mind trading him.
We need 2 or 3 extra talls plus a developing ruck. Tom Boyd is only one part of the equation.

Bootsma gone, McInnes on the way out, Watson 1 more year to prove himself, Waite in his twilight.

A squad of short people under 190cm already, let alone trading Levi.

We need 2 or 3 extra talls plus a developing ruck. Tom Boyd is only one part of the equation.

Bootsma gone, McInnes on the way out, Watson 1 more year to prove himself, Waite in his twilight.

school-for-ants.jpg

Untouchables = Murphy, Gibbs, Henderson and Cripps.
HIGHLY UNLIKELY to be traded = Yarran, Menzel or Docherty.
Bait = Walker, Casbolt and Garlett
Sounds sensible, with the Highly Unlikely s being subject only to ridiculous offers.

I actually see Walker being of more value to a contending team than a franchise. His size, skill set and versatility are some package and he still has some years of good football in front of him, perhaps even his best football. If Swans lose Nick Mal, Walks would walk right in there, would add some pace to the Hawks too, and who knows what Ross Lyon could turn him into?

Has been a favourite of mine since his first game and I don't want him to go, but he does have currency and is one of our few A graders who would not leave a hole.

Not sure what you would catch with Garlett as bait but it may not be of legal size.

Cas is a tough one to get a read on, with his perceived upside determining the interest in him and what value we place on him.

Warnock has to go IMO and while he might be a big bit of bait, is unlikely to land a big fish. Upgrade of picks will do.

If we don't get Boyd and keep Casboult, that doesn't change the size of our side at all :confused: we still have the same amount of talls as if we traded him.

Exactly.

We need to increase the number of talls on our list, not break even.
I like your thinking, Azul. Hence why I think we'd do better targeting two or three talls as opposed to paying overs for Boyd. Couple up for grabs at GWS that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. Pick 6 could net you something quite decent too.

Worth remembering as far as clear stand out number 1 picks - Boyd is ahead of McCartin by a fair margin. So much so Saints want to trade pick 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cripps is untouchable? Really?

seems odd

Why does that surprise you?

Cripps came to the club less than 12 months ago and has shown some outstanding signs.

We're not going to move him on, even if it is for Boyd. If Boyd wants to come to Carlton, we'd find a way without sacrificing one of the brightest midfield prospects we've had in years.

I don't hate Hendo. I reckon he is a gun CHB. Gun enough that GWS would swap Tom Boyd for him.
You compared Lachie to Brad Miller plodder type a few years back.

Crazy Vossy isn't in charge of Carlton. Trading a player like Henderson for another KPP isn't how you go about building a list. Essendon need another A grade mid and would love the likes of O'Meara, Jack Martin or Whitfield, but they'd baulk at trading Heppell for him. You build on what you have, rather than trade the type of player you lack.

Funny suggestion given we're whacked by some of our supporters and critics for losing Jacobs and Betts. We weren't short on rucks and small forwards. Losing Henderson would hurt more than losing Eddie or Jacobs.

Recruiting Boyd has the potential to make Henderson into a better player. He'd conceivably get the second or even the third defender if Kreuzer returns to his best.

Crazy Vossy isn't in charge of Carlton. Trading a player like Henderson for another KPP isn't how you go about building a list. Essendon need another A grade mid and would love the likes of O'Meara, Jack Martin or Whitfield, but they'd baulk at trading Heppell for him. You build on what you have, rather than trade the type of player you lack.

Recruiting Boyd has the potential to make Henderson into a better player. He'd conceivably get the second or even the third defender if Kreuzer returns to his best.

Same reason why I would hate to lose Levi. They would work well together grabbing everything.
It would also give us the luxury to have Henderson play at both ends. I prefer him forward, but its a good problem to have

You compared Lachie to Brad Miller plodder type a few years back.

Funny suggestion given we're whacked by some of our supporters and critics for losing Jacobs and Betts. We weren't short on rucks and small forwards. Losing Henderson would hurt more than losing Eddie or Jacobs.

If we can get Boyd without losing Henderson i'll be rapt.

Don't see how though unless it's Yarran + .

To be clear, i want to keep Henderson. I believe he is a gun KPD who is doing a fair job filling in up forward for us because we have no-one else up there. He is not the answer as a KPF in a contending team however. We are on 6 wins.

If we can recruit Boyd without giving up Hendo i'll be a happy bagger. Just don't see how.

If we can swing it with a combo from Walker, Garlett, Levi and a Draft Pick then all power to us.

He is not the answer as a KPF in a contending team however. We are on 6 wins.

6 goal haul says otherwise. Just needs more consistency.

The contenders have multiple targets. Hawthorn had Hale/Gunston/Roughead. Sydney have Reid/Goodes/Tippett.

(too subtle? Buddy or Boydy alone won't win a flag)

Why does that surprise you?

Picked outside the top 10, under 12 months ago, and has played not even a handful of games

so yer, to me that doesn't warrant "untouchable" status when talking about the #1 pick from that same draft I guess

FTR: I really like Cripps. But not enough to halt a deal for Tom Boyd (if that is what the Giants would want - which I highly doubt)

Pick 6, Garlett and Warnock for Boyd?

No thanks. I understand he might be a star but that's too big a blow to our depth.

In a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back