Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've been thinking about our reported interest in Higgins. Might not even be true but still.

My rationale for 'wanting' him - we have already lost Duigan, Bootsma & Scotland. We might also lose Judd & Waite. That's before delistings.
We don't want to end up having to use picks in the 100s to fill up list spots.

In other words - if we get Higgins for a reasonable price, I'd rather him than either a 6th rd draft pick or having to keep someone we'd rather delist.

What would be a 'reasonable' price for him? He's 26. Unrestricted.

I've been thinking about our reported interest in Higgins. Might not even be true but still.

My rationale for 'wanting' him - we have already lost Duigan, Bootsma & Scotland. We might also lose Judd & Waite. That's before delistings.

In other words - if we get Higgins for a reasonable price, I'd rather him than either a 6th rd draft pick or having to keep someone we'd rather delist.

$2.18 I reckon.

Don't think bringing in an injury prone 26 year old is the way to go .
Just look at our frustration with our own no.1 pick in Kruezer .
Perhaps trying to pry the likes of Hallahan from Hawthorn with the promise of greater senior opportunity might be the better bet ??

Don't think bringing in an injury prone 26 year old is the way to go .
Just look at our frustration with our own no.1 pick in Kruezer .
Perhaps trying to pry the likes of Hallahan from Hawthorn with the promise of greater senior opportunity might be the better bet ??
Perhaps.

But Hallahan will require a trade. We lack currency as it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair call ,
Just think the deeper the midfield depth of quality the better ... And Hallahan is made of the right kinda stuff we are lacking !!
Not saying we don't need mids. I just think we need a mid with speed and very good disposal. We have enough big bodied bash and crash types. We need a Smith/Hill type.

Higgins is ok. 300k (slightly above average) fair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back