Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mick seems to think Ellard is in our best side. Given he plays every game he is fit too. :p

Higgins averages - has double the number disposals, one less tackle, equal goal assists, over double the number of effective disposals per game, 3 times the number of rebounds, double the 1%s. Ellard has him beat for goals per game, but that's because Higgins plays higher up the ground sometimes.

Not sure about the double of Higgins' output :p

Probably wouldn't want at 400K either, but that's why I asked what people would be willing to pay ;)

We've rotated a lot of players in and out for injury this year.

Ellard does give you defensive pressure and I'm not sure that's Higgins's go.

Anyway, it's out of our hands but not getting any warm and fuzzies for Higgins....................yet. :)

We've rotated a lot of players in and out for injury this year.

Anyway, it's out of our hands but not getting any warm and fuzzies for Higgins....................yet. :)
Yeah I am no real fun of Higgins either, but if he came with a decent price tag and it was Higgins vs a pick 101 who we need to keep on the list for two years I would take Higgins.

The club will know these things, so trust the club in this I guess

I'm not advocating Higgins as being a big recruit for us, or the difference of us playing finals or not.

I just think if we want to cut the list deep - we might be forced to draft kids with 6th rd ND picks or even really late rookies. If we have the cash available and it won't cost us from getting someone younger etc, I'd rather Higgins over a late rookie etc.

Yeah I am no real fun of Higgins either, but if he came with a decent price tag and it was Higgins vs a pick 101 who we need to keep on the list for two years I would take Higgins.

The club will know these things, so trust the club in this I guess

Exactly :thumbsu:

Not sure why I'm getting all agitated about it. :oops:

Higgins vs Ellard? I don't see the comparison. Different body shape, different abilities.

Higgins would be more of an upgrade on Kane Lucas - kicking the goals Simpson used to before he went down back.

I'd be happy to get him if that happens. Almost a direct replacement albeit a couple of years younger.
Couple of years younger yes, but half the player, Walker has been close to AA on two separate years in two separate positions.

But in saying that would fit the running kicking position if Walker left or went forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I can appreciate you perhaps prefer the in-and-under players. You weren't a fan of Keiran Harper the other day either.

But there's a possibility we'll lose both Lucas and Garlett. While both players have been chided for efforts, that's a touch of class out the door.

Quality 'outside' players who can step up and average a goal a game are thus in short supply - Yarran and Menz aside.

Couple of years younger yes, but half the player, Walker has been close to AA on two separate years in two separate positions.

But in saying that would fit the running kicking position if Walker left or went forward.
True but Walker isn't getting any better.

Ideally I'd keep Walker but if he goes, Higgins would be an adequate replacement.

Not sure whether this question has been asked or answered but what would we get should Waite do a runner?

Hard to say without having full contract details but could a third come our way?
Not sure about this, got to do with the money offered and you would think for Waite to leave would be $400+ that is good for us, but then length of contract and age counts against a good pick.

Second rounder?.............Pick around #25?............See ya Waitey :D
hahaha

Just looking up the bands of compo, they are as follows:

Draft picks will be allocated to one of five places:

• 1st round
• end of 1st round
• 2nd round
• end of 2nd round
• 3rd round

Not sure where they are supposed to fall within each round of picks, but hopefully he gets into the end of 2nd round band.

Not sure whether this question has been asked or answered but what would we get should Waite do a runner?

Hard to say without having full contract details but could a third come our way?

Given his age, we would be unlikely to get any compo. If he got a biggish $$$ 2 year deal, we may get a 3rd rounder.

Pick 49 to 66 like Young, Rivers and Moloney.

A veteran like Waite might have to take less money to move to a contender like Lake, McIntosh, Young and Rivers.

Well I can appreciate you perhaps prefer the in-and-under players. You weren't a fan of Keiran Harper the other day either.

But there's a possibility we'll lose both Lucas and Garlett. While both players have been chided for efforts, that's a touch of class out the door.

Quality 'outside' players who can step up and average a goal a game are thus in short supply - Yarran and Menz aside.

I made the point that there is very little love from North supporters right now.
For whatever reason he's been playing sub-VFL quality games for a couple of years now.
I know very little of Harper although his game last week was.......................missing.

We need outside run without a doubt as Lucas hasn't come to the table and if we think that Higgins is the key to that then all good.
Still comes across a little too could do, should do but doesn't.................and then he gets injured.

hahaha

Just looking up the bands of compo, they are as follows:

Draft picks will be allocated to one of five places:

• 1st round
• end of 1st round
• 2nd round
• end of 2nd round
• 3rd round

Not sure where they are supposed to fall within each round of picks, but hopefully he gets into the end of 2nd round band.
If its not at the end of the round, its the one after your pick in that round.

E.g. Buddy leaving = 1st round pick...but because Hawks finished 1st...it ended up being pick 19.

I made the point that there is very little love from North supporters right now.
For whatever reason he's been playing sub-VFL quality games for a couple of years now.
I know very little of Harper although his game last week was.......................missing.

Yes, well he's battled injury for a couple of years. Might just need a full preseason...

I just think a player who kicked 37.22 in his first 2 seasons (2011-12) is worth a look, if we could acquire him for a cheap trade - just turned 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back