Preview Changes for Round 19 vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't believe my boy has copped the axe after we get into the 8

I said it at the start of the year, pods will take games off the development of other players, here we have our second case

It is complete bias at the selection table, lynch plays 2 bad games in a row (not worse than any 2 bad games that pods plays in a row) and gets the axe. It happened with LJ at the start of the year, pods is immune because he has the best mate as his coach

If pods plays a terrible game this week, will he get dropped? Of course not, double standards people

And lynch is now right in the gun to go back to Victoria. It's not that he will sook and ask to be traded, it's that clubs now know he is on the outer, and pods is ahead of him. They'll already be getting their claws into him, lynch will probably head back for a 2-3 year deal. Damian Barrett predicted it earlier in the year, whoever got dropped out of lynch and jenkins in order for pods to stay in, would leave back to Victoria

It's a win-win though, lynch gets to go home, and we get to play pods...

Hopefully he stays, don't want to pick a new favourite

No it won't. Not now we are in the home straight towards finals.

Can not see J-Pod getting dropped this year. Finals experience will be used to justify his spot.
The J-pod could have less than 5 touches 2 months in a row and sando will still have something to justify his spot

If he leaves then he is a sook, which he doesn't appear to be so he wont

No it won't. Not now we are in the home straight towards finals.

Can not see J-Pod getting dropped this year. Finals experience will be used to justify his spot.
Probably true. Not really the right time of the year to be experimenting with structure. Pods has earnt his spot I cant really see him playing poorly enough to get dropped but funnier things have happened.

If Pods continues to miss those stupid set shot snaps from 5 metres, regardless of how close the mark was stood, he will be dropped. Kicks those and he gets 3 goals, he cant afford to drop his form with Lynch certain to find his.

Probably true. Not really the right time of the year to be experimenting with structure. Pods has earnt his spot I cant really see him playing poorly enough to get dropped but funnier things have happened.

But they are not. The experimenting has finished and now they will settle the forward line down to the 3 talls. Look, I don't agree but they will get back to the formula they used for the majority of the season.

I said it at the start of the year, pods will take games off the development of other players, here we have our second case

It is complete bias at the selection table, lynch plays 2 bad games in a row (not worse than any 2 bad games that pods plays in a row) and gets the axe. It happened with LJ at the start of the year, pods is immune because he has the best mate as his coach

If pods plays a terrible game this week, will he get dropped? Of course not, double standards people

And lynch is now right in the gun to go back to Victoria. It's not that he will sook and ask to be traded, it's that clubs now know he is on the outer, and pods is ahead of him. They'll already be getting their claws into him, lynch will probably head back for a 2-3 year deal. Damian Barrett predicted it earlier in the year, whoever got dropped out of lynch and jenkins in order for pods to stay in, would leave back to Victoria

Jpod is not taking games if the player he has replaced is stinking it up

Pods stays in because he actually splits packs. Jenkins doesn't even try and Lynch is too small to play that role. Tex does a bit, but he's never been a pack marking player. Pods is. When teams play a loose man in defense, you need at least one guy who will throw themselves at the pack to make sure the loose man isn't taking the ball uncontested. Jenkins just half-heartedly wrestles with his opponent while the loose man stands a meter away and takes the ball under no pressure. If he actually learned to jump at the ball we probably wouldn't play Pods every week.
Splitting the pack stifles the opposition's rebound and creates chances for our crumbing players. We need someone who can be relied upon to do that.
It's either Pods or McKernan at this point.

Pretty happy with that. Lynch can find some form, Wright maybe lucky to not go out for Thommo.

As someone else said. Pods should have kicked 3, should stay in over Lynch for mine, not completely understanding why so many wanting his head, funny how some people can get so strung up on age when we're playing for the rest of the year to ensure we make finals.

I know everyone is entitled to an opinion, but when yours are so perpetually moronic it's difficult for anyone to take you seriously.

Lynch copped the axe because he was a complete embarrassment with and without the ball against Collingwood, and has played about 3-4 acceptable quarters of football for the entire season thus far. This does not mean he has no future at the club. This does not mean he isn't in the selectors plans moving forward. This does not mean he is ready to walk. This simply means he is struggling to find form after a bad run with injury. Is Matt Crouch ready to walk too? What about Grigg, he's barely had a look in this year - time to skedaddle off to the land of promise at another club?

Surprisingly enough, the presence of the mythical evil creature you call 'Pods' had absolutely nothing to do with this insipid performance by Tom Fett. Not to mention the fact that they don't play the same position, or even have remotely similar roles in the side. If Podsiadly is taking anyone's spot, it's Shaun McKernan / Lewis Johnston's. Boo ******* hoo.

Was there an argument to be made to keep Lynch in the team this week? Absolutely, but there were literally only two players from last week's team that were ever a chance of being dropped due to poor form, and Lynch was one of them. Podsiadly certainly wasn't great against the Pies, but he comfortably outperformed Lynch and Jenkins, and he was arguably the best player on the ground in the first 75 minutes against Hawthorn (faded after this, but still a solid game overall).

The sky is not falling. A bloke got dropped because he was playing like s**t. Deal with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going by Harper's comments (and Sando's on Monday night on Foxtel), the club don't like the four-tall set-up. So in light of that, why didn't they drop Pods five weeks ago when Lynch was ready to come back? I mean, Lynch deserves to be dropped THIS week marginally more than Pods does (who let's face it, hasn't been that good either, I'd drop him for that ridiculous 45 degree angle, side-on kick alone) but why did they persist with this structure in the first place when they didn't like it? The answer has got to be Sando can't drop his mate, Pods.

Unbelievable. Yeah another conspiracy theory...
It's hardly been a fail. Apparently we are the 2nd highest scoring side in the last 5 or 6 weeks (which was predominant with that structure). And we're the 4th highest scoring team for the whole season (the first half was with 3 talls).

Either way we've been getting stronger and stronger and clearly that structure has been pretty effective.

I don't think they'd ideally want 4 talls (3.5 talls), but because they all have glaring weaknesses we have needed the 4 tall cover their weaknesses ie:
- Jenkins & Lynch are not great contested marks
- Lynch is undersized (as a tall)

Pods being a good contested mark has helped make up for it. I worry Jenkins might suffer a bit when expected to be the 2nd best marking option. Currently Pods allows Jenkins to play to his strengths (on the move, ground level, link up play).

Going by Harper's comments (and Sando's on Monday night on Foxtel), the club don't like the four-tall set-up. So in light of that, why didn't they drop Pods five weeks ago when Lynch was ready to come back? I mean, Lynch deserves to be dropped THIS week marginally more than Pods does (who let's face it, hasn't been that good either, I'd drop him for that ridiculous 45 degree angle, side-on kick alone) but why did they persist with this structure in the first place when they didn't like it? The answer has got to be Sando can't drop his mate, Pods.

I think it's more they don't like it once they've seen it in action.

The club knows Lynch is the more important player long term, however he is in woeful form, give him a week or two, get some confidence up and then straight swap with Pods.

Listening to Fab Phil, he reckons Lynch is best 22 when in form and also suggested they didn't want to go four talls. So who comes out when in form?
Pods? Don't think so, Jenkins nah and Tex no chance.

And they will get Charlie back in when fit ASAP. Going to be interesting.

Surprised no Reilly though.

I think it's more they don't like it once they've seen it in action.

The club knows Lynch is the more important player long term, however he is in woeful form, give him a week or two, get some confidence up and then straight swap with Pods.

agree

not to mention Lynch has missed a stack of footy this year due to injury, couple of weeks dominating in the sanfl is the tonic that he needs

The forecast for Saturday is fine with light winds. We have played 4 talls in the wet and last week in windy conditions so I am surprised we wouldn't give it a go in perfect marking conditions.

At least JPod will still be at the AFC next year so I think it is fair to give Sando the benefit of the doubt re the Lynch v JPod selection. As mentioned earlier, neither Lynch nor JJ crash the packs and I'd prefer that Tex wait until 2015 before throwing himself around too much.

I love that we have given Luke Thompson 2 games in a row.

My only concern is Jarryd Lyons, if he is the emergency he will get a full game against the WWT Eagles. Sando can't let that happen so I suspect that Thommo or Danger will be a late out and Jarryd will get 15 minutes in the last quarter on the half forward flank.

The J-pod could have less than 5 touches 2 months in a row and sando will still have something to justify his spot
He's been better than his raw stats suggest...I love him.
Do you recall his deft tap to Sloane who goaled on the run?
Has been doing it all year- feeding the sharks.

Later in the season? It is round 19 mate...

round 19 isnt the last lot of games played is it, I thought it goes for longer that or has the scheduling totally changed???

when does winter finish?

widespread drying out only occurs around last round / first wk of finals. Occaisional places and weekends before that. Might as well test out other structures now, then if or when 4 talls becomes the better option go back to it.

My only concern is Jarryd Lyons, if he is the emergency he will get a full game against the WWT Eagles. Sando can't let that happen so I suspect that Thommo or Danger will be a late out and Jarryd will get 15 minutes in the last quarter on the half forward flank.
"Barely used" will be the key selling point when we try to trade him in October

Unbelievable. Yeah another conspiracy theory...
It's hardly been a fail. Apparently we are the 2nd highest scoring side in the last 5 or 6 weeks (which was predominant with that structure). And we're the 4th highest scoring team for the whole season (the first half was with 3 talls).

Either way we've been getting stronger and stronger and clearly that structure has been pretty effective.

I don't think they'd ideally want 4 talls (3.5 talls), but because they all have glaring weaknesses we have needed the 4 tall cover their weaknesses ie:
- Jenkins & Lynch are not great contested marks
- Lynch is undersized (as a tall)

Pods being a good contested mark has helped make up for it. I worry Jenkins might suffer a bit when expected to be the 2nd best marking option. Currently Pods allows Jenkins to play to his strengths (on the move, ground level, link up play).

It doesn't matter if we kick 30 goals a week, if our opponents kick 32 goals.

The top heavy structure we go with exposes us in the midfield, it's why good teams slaughter us on the outside, and we frequently get hammered on the rebound.

It doesn't matter if we kick 30 goals a week, if our opponents kick 32 goals.

The top heavy structure we go with exposes us in the midfield, it's why good teams slaughter us on the outside, and we frequently get hammered on the rebound.
That doesn't even make sense as our percentage is 109, but I'm sure it sounded smart in your head. Please don't go into coaching, it really wouldn't be a good career choice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back