Traded Dayne Beams and pick 67 traded for picks 5 and 25, and Jack Crisp

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is a chance he will be playing for us at some stage during his career. Probably not this year though. Collingwood are on the decline. At Brisbane we've got a talented young list, plenty of cap space and the opportunity for Dayne to play with his younger brother.

Besides imagine a midfield of Martin(Ruck), Rockliff, Beams, Rich, Hanley and Redden. :p
also aish mayes zorko

Good player Beams but as has been mentioned and surprisingly allowed, comes with risk/issues for any club looking to trade for him or pick him up. This would effect his value for sure. Think he will be staying put at Collingwood in my uneducated opinion, unless there is an issue with him and Buckley, which without starting a rumour I could see as totally plausible given how polar opposite they are as individuals.

Ps. Either the mods haven't seen some of this yet or the rules have really been relaxed around here...

I mean there are clear references here to what most of us already know, I just didn't think it was allowed, defamation and all.

Not that I would muck rake (or be believed particularly anyway) but there have been threads where I could have unloaded on things I know and have seen personally about players and drugs. How things change.

Worth pick one, easily. He's a star.

If he was to go (which I doubt) Collingwood would be able to get Tom Boyd and some change, no way would they want to get rid of him though.

Why would Beams want to stay at Collingwood? He's won his flag and the coach is a shit bloke. I'd imagine he would return home for a payday and play with his brother. Plus the coke is cheap on the GC.
Lol. A brisbane supporter talking about "destination clubs". :drunk:
As a sidenote, I can't really take seriously the Brisbane supporters talking about Brisbane having a "talented young list" while Collinwood are "on the decline". Sure, maybe Brisbane will be better then us in 3 or five years, maybe not. What is certain is that if you were looking for onfield success you would not be moving to Brisbane.

Last edited:
Lol. A brisbane supporter talking about "destination clubs". :drunk:
As a sidenote, I can't really take seriously the Brisbane supporters talking about Brisbane having a "talented young list" while Collinwood are "on the decline". Sure, maybe Brisbane will be better then us in 3 or five years, maybe not. What is certain is that if you were looking for onfield success you would not be moving to Brisbane.

Honestly the reason I feel you are on the decline, is purely because of Buckley. Injuries aside, you's should be better than you are.

also aish mayes zorko
I think there is a chance he will be playing for us at some stage during his career. Probably not this year though. Collingwood are on the decline. At Brisbane we've got a talented young list, plenty of cap space and the opportunity for Dayne to play with his younger brother.

Besides imagine a midfield of Martin(Ruck), Rockliff, Beams, Rich, Hanley and Redden. :p

Imagine a midfield of Grundy/witts (ruck), beams pendlebury scharenberg(obviously will be midfielder at some stage) freeman Kennedy siddbottom broomhead. Collingwood sure is on the decline, but by the time Brisbane is anywhere near top 8, collingwood would already have a premiership team

Besides imagine a midfield of Martin(Ruck), Rockliff, Claye Beams, Rich, Hanley and Redden. :p
What is there to imagine? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine a midfield of Grundy/witts (ruck), beams pendlebury scharenberg(obviously will be midfielder at some stage) freeman Kennedy siddbottom broomhead. Collingwood sure is on the decline, but by the time Brisbane is anywhere near top 8, collingwood would already have a premiership team
so you can tell that will be a premiership midfield after grundy played 20 games and witts 22 games, broomhead and kennedy have played 20 games together most as sub and scharenberg (not even a midfielder (yet) ) and freeman havent played a game. you must have a talent

We already have that

so you can tell that will be a premiership midfield after grundy played 20 games and witts 22 games, broomhead and kennedy have played 20 games together most as sub and scharenberg (not even a midfielder (yet) ) and freeman havent played a game. you must have a talent
Under the condition of Brisbane being close to top 8, which, of course, will not happen for another few years
and yes, their talents are obvious, doesnt take a whole lot to identify it, well for most people

Under the condition of Brisbane being close to top 8, which, of course, will not happen for another few years
and yes, their talents are obvious, doesnt take a whole lot to identify it, well for most people
why are their talents so obvious, i don't recall any of them being top 5 picks

why are their talents so obvious, i don't recall any of them being top 5 picks
How many top 5 picks does Brisbane have? Since when do you need to be a top 5 pick to have talent? If you're not top 5 pick then you have no talent(bad luck James Aish I guess)? there're so many flaws in this statement.

IIRC Beams had a chance to go to GC as a pre-selected player but turned it down (as he didn't want to spend the first year in the VFL).
If he was prepared to move away from home at 18 when he had a guaranteed contract down the road, I don't think he'd have homesickness at mid-20s.
His off-field is well known, but from what has been said, he's settled down with a missus somewhat?

In summary, dream on Brisbane boys :)

Last edited by a moderator:
How many top 5 picks does Brisbane have? Since when do you need to be a top 5 pick to have talent? If you're not top 5 pick then you have no talent(bad luck James Aish I guess)? there're so many flaws in this statement.
you said they obviously have the talent which means they would have all been top 10 picks at least, i named players who have all shown they can play midfield in the afl, rich redden, rockliff, hanley , mayes and zorko and aish was 1 player who still needs to prove he will be an a or even b grade midfielder but you just named 4 players who have either been sub in most of thier games or havent even played yet

Thanks for that brilliant input.

IIRC Beams had a chance to go to GC as a pre-selected player but turned it down (as he didn't want to spend the first year in the VFL).
If he was prepared to move away from home at 18 when he had a guaranteed contract down the road, I don't think he'd have homesickness at mid-20s.
His off-field is well known, but from what has been said, he's settled down with a missus somewhat?

In summary, dream on Brisbane boys :)
we arent saying he is homesick, people have been saying that he dosent get along with bucks and may want to go back home but as for kennedy and broomhead, i think they have already told the club they want to leave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back