Round 19 - Sydney vs Essendon @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney weren't "handed" a win.
Essendon were gone when they let Sydney skip to an almost 5 goal lead more than once.

Sydney missing two of their best against a pumped up Bombers outfit with head swelling confidence after their previous outings, and they got the job done. That's why they're top 2 and Essendon are scrapping to make the numbers. (Inb4 Carlton are s**t. Yes we are. There's a thread for that discussion).

Yes you are correct, Sydney got the jump and we couldn't peg them back, but we were also missing two of our best and another key forward.

Watson yeah but surely Hibbered is not one or the best half backs
Averaged 24 disposals, 6 marks, 2 tackles and 4 rebound 50's over the past 2 years while being defensively sound. My benchmark is Birchall, he averages 24 disposals, 5 marks, 1 tackle and 3 rebound 50's in that time.

Yes you are correct, Sydney got the jump and we couldn't peg them back, but we were also missing two of our best and another key forward.

I'm not sure Daniher can be mentioned in the same breath as Franklin.

Watson takes pressure off others who don't do so well and is a big out.

Sydney are just a good team. It's them and the Hawks and maybe a sniff of whiskey with Geelong. Everyone else should be paying $20 or more.

I'm not sure Daniher can be mentioned in the same breath as Franklin.

Watson takes pressure off others who don't do so well and is a big out.

Sydney are just a good team. It's them and the Hawks and maybe a sniff of whiskey with Geelong. Everyone else should be paying $20 or more.

You're right Daniher can't be mentioned in the same breath as Franklin, but I just think you cant say Sydney were missing two of there best and still rolled Essendon without acknowledging we had two of our best out and another key forward. Sydney have better depth than us so they handled there outs a lot better than us which makes our outs even more influential.

For all the Carlton snuffs coming in to lay the boots in just remember this, Sydney played one good quarter against us and beat us by 22 points, they played one good quarter against you and belted you by 70!!!

It really comes down to Buddy + Hannebery vs Hibberd + Watson + Daniher. To me that's basically even.
If you just had Watson I think you could've been much closer. McGlynn (maybe Bird but I think McGlynn) may have gone to him at times which would limit his own impact

You have the most disgusting football club in the land and are the laughing stock of the rest of the competition. And this even with all that's happening with Essendon. Why? Because you get a free ride, and then look at the rest of us and want respect.

yablewit.png

Don't kid yourself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For all the Carlton snuffs coming in to lay the boots in just remember this, Sydney played one good quarter against us and beat us by 22 points, they played one good quarter against you and belted you by 70!!!

To be fair though, that wasn't because Essendon is any better, but because Sydney was playing a stinker. Same story as last night, if two teams play crappy football, the better team's still gonna win

To be fair though, that wasn't because Essendon is any better, but because Sydney was playing a stinker. Same story as last night, if two teams play crappy football, the better team's still gonna win

You don't think Essendon are any better than Carlton?

You don't think Essendon are any better than Carlton?

I said it wasn't because Essendon is any better, but that Sydney were flat tonight. If they were in the same form as they were a few weeks ago there'd be nothing stopping them from doing the same tonight.

I said it wasn't because Essendon is any better, but that Sydney were flat tonight. If they were in the same form as they were a few weeks ago there'd be nothing stopping them from doing the same tonight.

Well I disagree, they played a really good quarter against Carlton and went from 7 points in front to 71, the rest of the match was even, they played a really good quarter against Essendon and were 26 points in front and the rest was even. The match against carlton was only two games ago and they lost the following week, there form is what it is.

well lance franklin averages what 7 goals a game vs Essendon so you add him to that equation and I'd call it about even...

Seriously. Just take off the rose coloured glasses and accept you get a free ride, week in week out.

Essendon came at your club tonight after playing horrible footy and were that match played anywhere in Australia but Sydney it would have been a nailbiter to the final minutes.

But, as usual, Goodes takes a dive and gets them home. Add to that the number of times Sydney players duck their heads and go looking for the umpire.

You have the most disgusting football club in the land and are the laughing stock of the rest of the competition. And this even with all that's happening with Essendon. Why? Because you get a free ride, and then look at the rest of us and want respect.

Sydney are a joke. Nothing less than. I'll take a loss when it comes round, but not like that. Not when it's sold before the first whistle has even blown. That's simply corruption. And if you disagree, why don't you read the comments from others in the thread, including Carlton supporters, about how they reckon the umpires went tonight.

Last Essendon game I will watch vs the Swans in Sydney. Pointless, just spoils a good spectacle.

Epic meltdown.

Love the MB after a Sydney win.

Dumb errors cost us the game. At crucial stages, from senior players. Get within 10 points, think it was Chappy who gives away an unnecessary high free, releases pressure, goes down other end where Winderlich jumps to tackle Tippett and collects him high when Fletcher has him wrapped up. Goal, momentum stopped. Not 2 minutes later Myers delivers a horrendous error coming out of defence which turns into a McGlynn goal.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Great post. Actual analysis.
Question: is it a case of shut down Carlisle, shut down Essendon at the moment?
Assuming we don't out-Richmond ourselves tomorrow in 1 week we'll be playing to draw within a game of the Bombers. Massive.
Who do you least want to see go to Carlisle? Rance?

Adam Goodes. You are a cheat. Umpires. You had an agenda and you played it perfectly. Well done.

Completely ruined an otherwise decent game of footy. Not a high quality game, but a game which should have been an arm wrestle and gone to the wire.

How on Earth do the Sydney Swans expect to be taken seriously when they duck their heads constantly for free kicks? When they look straight up at the umpire and whinge at the slightest bit of contact.

The game is an embarrassment if that's how we are to have it adjudicated herein.
lol somebodys taking it a tad hard ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back