Time to start trading with West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I would really like to nab Yeo, possibly not the player we need most but just has so much upside and versatile.
In my defence he barracked for Fremantle.

Trouble is - the Feebles best players are their oldest and the only ones we would really be in the market for either don't fit the mould or would be considered untouchable by them. I just don't see us getting serious at the trade table with them unless JK, Darling (debatable anyway), McKenzie or Hurn were movable. Nothing else much from them that would make us a noticeably better outfit.

Someone like LeCras would make us noticeably better too. We lack goalkickers of all sizes.

Someone like LeCras would make us noticeably better too. We lack goalkickers of all sizes.
Sure, we could have LeCras. But we really need KP's of good quality far more than another small forward/mid type. Not sure if it's just me, but the only players they have that I really think "geez, would love them in our team" are the bookends - JK and McKenzie. We cover all other of their aces somewhat adequately at least.

McGovern really pulled out the Hail Mary when he needed to. Three years extra development on our Apeness and two on Taberner.

Can I double like this? So many expect too much from young KPFs. Apeness and Tabs in different ways will be a mile ahead of McGovern now in that time I would think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't have thought Bond and co would have any issue with trading with WCE. They seem a pragmatic bunch.

Perhaps no player was available that we wanted? Or the price was too high?

We typically only bring in 2-3 players per off-season, so in a comp of 16-18, wouldn't expect a trade except once in a while.

I'd hope the club was pragmatic enough not to ignore this as an option.

I'd do Crozier for Tunbridge.
images

WC would have a lot more to gain from trading with us than vice-versa, and in my opinion we would be far better to have them knocking on our door wanting to snare a player such as Morabito, Crozier, Sheriden, de Boer etc (just random names). We would have a raft of players that would appeal to them I would think. in contrast to their list which contains 3 or 4 who may offer something, and would be unlikely to be let go.

I take it that the OP was referring to the article in the West by Dale Miller regarding Mark Le Crass exploring other options, even though he signed a 4 year deal last year?

I heard them discussing this on 882 yesterday and it appears that the Eagles are prepared to trade him in exchange for a gun midfielder.

The Eagles would want a Hill, Fyfe or Mundy for him though.

They are probably offering him to Gold Coast or GWS for a Jaeger O'Meara, Jack Martin, David Swallow, or Stephen Coniglio.

They want Hamish Hartlett for Scott Lycett they reckon.

The Eagles know what they need, and they know what they need to give up to get it.

I don't know why they are still trying to win games this year though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back