Prediction Changes: Round 3 Vs West Coast Eagles + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus! Look past your love of Taberener just because he's been the only viable forward option other than Lobb for the last 6 years. You don't have to love him just because he wears purple.

But you're right. I can't beat the stats of Taberener with either Amiss or Treacy or Sturt. So maybe we should just stick with the current forward line up. It's not really broken is it? Why change a good thing right? I'm sure Tabs is a premiership winning FF.
Not sure what you're even on about now? Tabs is in poor form but I can't see an in-form replacement at the moment. I'm not the only one, the match committee also agrees so it's not like what I'm saying is way out there. Nothing to do with 'love'. I've posted stats because it keeps all the emotive crap out of it. I have asked you several times to explain your reasoning and you give nothing. You're the one full of hyperbole with Tabs being 'our worst forward ever' etc, not me.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure what you're even on about now? Tabs is in poor form but I can't see an in-form replacement at the moment. I'm not the only one, the match committee also agrees so it's not like what I'm saying is way out there. Nothing to do with 'love'. I've posted stats because it keeps all the emotive crap out of it. I have asked you several times to explain your reasoning and you give nothing. You're the one full of hyperbole with Tabs being 'our worst forward ever' etc, not me.

Alright, I'm sorry. I certainly don't want this to descend into screaming match at eachother.

I agree, on paper Taberner does seem to be the logical choice. And it seems the match committee agree with you. And like I said, I can't offer any stats or vision or anecdotal evidence to support picking Treacy or Sturt ahead of him.

But I don't hate Taberner, I hate the match committee for constantly picking him over the next-gen players. I would like Tabs to be a great forward presence, for the rest of the league to fear him like they do Buddy or Hawkins or Cameron or McKay. But that's never going to happen. And I'm not saying I want Amiss or Treacy or Sturt to be feared individually like those examples either. I would rather the league thought "Geez, that Fremantle forward line is intimidating, if you take one player out of the game, another one simply picks up the slack".

The fact is, we aren't winning anymore games with Taberner than we are without him. It's time to move on and as it stands playing him just means we can't play Treacy and Sturt as well. At least that's what it means this week.

But hey! Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe we play all 3 of Sturt, Treacy and Amiss and it turns into an absolute CFU, a complete shambles of a forward line. Then you can all turn around and say I told you so, I'd wear that. But what if it completely transforms the structure of the forward line and actually becomes serviceable, even functional.

I'm sure you don't believe it, or don't want to believe it, but the season IS a write off with the team in it's current form. Maybe the current lineup does reach it's full potential, but players like Tabs, even at their full potential aren't going to be enough. So what's the harm in giving a new lineup a shot?

I'm certainly curious.

His much of that is based on anything other than your perceptions?
Just watch the tapes pal. Watch round 1. He was a rookie/late round pick. We haven’t invested enough in him to play him through poor performances. Amiss is a different story and should be in every game.

Alright, I'm sorry. I certainly don't want this to descend into screaming match at eachother.

I agree, on paper Taberner does seem to be the logical choice. And it seems the match committee agree with you. And like I said, I can't offer any stats or vision or anecdotal evidence to support picking Treacy or Sturt ahead of him.

But I don't hate Taberner, I hate the match committee for constantly picking him over the next-gen players. I would like Tabs to be a great forward presence, for the rest of the league to fear him like they do Buddy or Hawkins or Cameron or McKay. But that's never going to happen. And I'm not saying I want Amiss or Treacy or Sturt to be feared individually like those examples either. I would rather the league thought "Geez, that Fremantle forward line is intimidating, if you take one player out of the game, another one simply picks up the slack".

The fact is, we aren't winning anymore games with Taberner than we are without him. It's time to move on and as it stands playing him just means we can't play Treacy and Sturt as well. At least that's what it means this week.

But hey! Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe we play all 3 of Sturt, Treacy and Amiss and it turns into an absolute CFU, a complete shambles of a forward line. Then you can all turn around and say I told you so, I'd wear that. But what if it completely transforms the structure of the forward line and actually becomes serviceable, even functional.

I'm sure you don't believe it, or don't want to believe it, but the season IS a write off with the team in it's current form. Maybe the current lineup does reach it's full potential, but players like Tabs, even at their full potential aren't going to be enough. So what's the harm in giving a new lineup a shot?

I'm certainly curious.
Next-gen players.. tell me, who are they? Treacy hasn’t even looked like he can tear defenders apart, or kick 3+ goals. He would absolutely struggle this week.
Amiss is a second year player. 4 disposals and 1 Mark last week.

Jackson is rubbish in the air, and can’t put his two hands together to take basic marks.
That’s the next gen for you. Maybe don’t blame Tabs and blame the god awful list management team who thought it was wonderful idea to trade picks for another ‘home sick’ player that’s not even close to a need or want. Didn’t even play two rucks last season with Meek playing for Peel every week, yet suddenly have to play Jackson with Darcy? That’s crap.

Tabs is the experienced one and he can bounce back. Unless cox wants to have a go up forward, which he has stated no desire to do so, then sure. He ll probably ask for a trade to Adelaide if thats the case.

Next-gen players.. tell me, who are they? Treacy hasn’t even looked like he can tear defenders apart, or kick 3+ goals. He would absolutely struggle this week.
Amiss is a second year player. 4 disposals and 1 Mark last week.

Jackson is rubbish in the air, and can’t put his two hands together to take basic marks.
That’s the next gen for you. Maybe don’t blame Tabs and blame the god awful list management team who thought it was wonderful idea to trade picks for another ‘home sick’ player that’s not even close to a need or want. Didn’t even play two rucks last season with Meek playing for Peel every week, yet suddenly have to play Jackson with Darcy? That’s crap.

Tabs is the experienced one and he can bounce back. Unless cox wants to have a go up forward, which he has stated no desire to do so, then sure. He ll probably ask for a trade to Adelaide if thats the case.
Fair enough. I guess there's no convincing anybody. Well that's it for me then I give up. Fremantle is doomed, becuase if none of the player's I suggested are any good, we might as well start the rebuild again.

Unless, you guys think Taberener, Shultz, Frederick and Son-Son are good enough to carry us to premiership glory.

Actually, F*@#k it! I've come back to edit this. I'm right, you're wrong. Taberner is a spud, always has been, always will be and every logical, bleed purple Freo supporter I've spoken to agrees with me. You wanna blame list management, you blame the team that deemed him a worthy addition to the forward line, a successor to Pav. The only reason he's a guaranteed inclusion is because he has been around the longest. And if you think he's such a great forward, you obviously are only watching his highlight packages and studying his stats sheet. He's consistently injured and incredibly predictable.

I guarantee you this, by years end Amiss, Treacy and Sturt will all be up for forward line selection and Taberner will be nothing more than depth at Peel, not even best 22. You wanna know why? Because at some point those 3 guys are all gunna click, yes, even Sturt. And all 3 of them are going to make that spud look silly because Taberner has already clicked, and it's nothing special.

I don't need to offer evidence here, I've seen with my own eyes glimpses of what all 3 of my guys can offer Fremantle and given their age I'm not surprised they can't repeat it consistently. But as I said, Tabs is always injured so it's only a matter of time before they all get the shot to carry the forward line.

If you think Taberner is one to get the job done, well then obviously you've lost hope in the team, because you've seen his best and you're just lying to yourself if you think it's good enough.

I haven't lost hope in the team. I trust Belly, J Lo and Wallsy to get it done, along with Graham, Cory, Boydy and all the coaching staff. #IStillBelieveinFreo[/HASH

Last edited:
Just watch the tapes pal. Watch round 1. He was a rookie/late round pick. We haven’t invested enough in him to play him through poor performances. Amiss is a different story and should be in every game.

Eh. If Treacy doesn't come on we're pretty ****ed tbh, Amiss on his own for the next 5 years isn't going to cut it. Maybe slightly hyperbole but all our eggs are in Amiss/Treacy/Jackson basket now.

Don't think where each was picked has any bearing on the need to play them for. Treacy showed enough year 1 to earn him that. Worked for Tabs who probably showed less at the same stage.

Eh. If Treacy doesn't come on we're pretty ****ed tbh, Amiss on his own for the next 5 years isn't going to cut it. Maybe slightly hyperbole but all our eggs are in Amiss/Treacy/Jackson basket now.

Don't think where each was picked has any bearing on the need to play them for. Treacy showed enough year 1 to earn him that. Worked for Tabs who probably showed less at the same stage.
Careful mate, I tried to compare Treacy to Taberner and got cut right down.

Our players aren't playing well which is a given but a lot of their woes, I believe, come from a poor forward setup/plan and shithaus delivery.

The forwards don't spread and make good leads into space dragging a defender with. They seem to gaggle together giving the mids or wingers absolutely no option but to kick it to the mosh pit that has formed 20 metres from the goals.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't our forward line coach a defender as a player for West Coast?

The mismanagement of Treacy given our current lack of forwards is one of my biggest gripes with the club. There's potentially a good player there, based on his first year performance where he was forced to act as our second marking target at various points. He was also coming along nicely for Peel last year and hit this preseason with a lot of momentum. Most people had him in their 22 in March.

Then they went and torpedoed all of that progress by giving him one shot in an awful game where Jeremy Cameron would have struggled to have an impact. Granted he contributed * all and dropped a couple of sitters but so did basically everyone else. Instead of persevering with a young KPF when footballing logic dictates that all talls except the true generational talents need time, he's immediately dropped to accommodate other players who were just as bad. With the added bonus of no competitive football for 3 weeks. It's almost a repeat of last season.

He's a 50/50 at best to make it but the match committee haven't exactly given him a fair crack at it for the last 2 years.

Fair enough. I guess there's no convincing anybody. Well that's it for me then I give up. Fremantle is doomed, becuase if none of the player's I suggested are any good, we might as well start the rebuild again.

Unless, you guys think Taberener, Shultz, Frederick and Son-Son are good enough to carry us to premiership glory.
I'm think Amiss and Jackson will be fine with more experience and I hope Treacy will be a gun for us too. I guess I'm two less weeks than you in giving up on the season. I still think we're a chance against the Eagles and don't want anyone playing who was out of form Rnd 1 and didn't play footy last weekend - it's not personal against Josh. Who knows, Tabs may have another shocker or he might kick 3 goals. I do still have question marks about Josh, but no more than I do if Freddie, Liam, Sturt etc. I just don't think this is the weekend to go in without an experienced forward. At a minimum, Tabs will take the attention of Gov or Barrass. I've followed Freo since inception and we've had very few successful tall forwards. Tabs whilst not a star, is far from the worst. Kirsten, Dixon, Anthony, Groom, T Smith, Hannath, Maher, Feddema, Schell, Apeness, Murphy, Campbell, Houghton etc. I could name another ten talls to that list. Even those with 100x the talent of Tabs did less for our club - I'm thinking Croad, Hogan, McCarthy, Polak, L Brown, Lobb. He's nearing the end but I think he's got just about everything he could have out of an AFL career and I respect that, although most here don't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, even subbed. There is no point in playing depth players in front of them.
Even Tabs before Treacy?
For a guy who is 198cn and 100jg he just doesn’t oush his weight around.
I’d get Treacy to play his natural way
and clear a path for Amiss.
Erasmus is an inside mid. Not sure he flexible enough to play other roles.

Maybe try him forward

Treacy deserves to play games and build form, it doesn't matter if he has bad games, he should be in the team every week with Amiss no matter what.
Lol should be in the team no matter what.. Wtf is this. Even though doesn't perform still should be in the the team if others have earnt it. Most ridiculous thing I've heard

Lol should be in the team no matter what.. Wtf is this. Even though doesn't perform still should be in the the team if others have earnt it. Most ridiculous thing I've heard
Name just one of our forwards that have earned a spot? Except 2 quarters of Walters

Name just one of our forwards that have earned a spot? Except 2 quarters of Walters
There's a difference between underperforming for 2 games in comparison to what was said being he should be in every week with Amiss regardless 😉

Also first 2 games pretty much whole team was dysfunctional. Also he was given a chance and was mediocre so didn't earn his spot the following week either

Careful mate, I tried to compare Treacy to Taberner and got cut right down.
You might as well compare Tabs to mickey mouse , he is a dud
Honestly look at his regular leading patterns it is always to the boundary, when did you last see him have a kick for goal directly in front say 35/40 mtrs out
Sorry if this sounds over negative but i think we play better when he is not in the team as it straightens us up

First year Treacy come in of no footy due to covid & showed some promising signs
2nd year was plagued with injury & illness & missed a lot of footy.i was suprised he played rnd 1 tbh
3rd year has got himself fit. What i find interesting is they played him through the ruck in the practice matches & he showed improvement. Baffles me that the selection committee rolled out with 4 talls. None of the experienced players played well so how do any of you to expect the less experienced to?? Treacy didnt have a great game but i also think he was robbed of a couple of frees for over the shoulder & chopping of arms. The ball was also kicked over his head at times. There was a couple of marks he should of taken. I would like to have seen him given a couple of games to settle. Im not saying Amiss should be dropped but he has been given another oppotunity after a quiet game to find his feet. I also agree Tabs should play tomorrow as the WC backman would destroy Amiss & Treacy. Hopefully Amiss gets a mismatch tomorrow & has a good game & hopefully Treacy gets another crack soon. I dont think putting a 19 & 20 year old in & out all the time helps their devolopment. Most dissapointing thing is Treacy has now missed 2 weeks of football which isnt great management by the club

First year Treacy come in of no footy due to covid & showed some promising signs
2nd year was plagued with injury & illness & missed a lot of footy.i was suprised he played rnd 1 tbh
3rd year has got himself fit. What i find interesting is they played him through the ruck in the practice matches & he showed improvement. Baffles me that the selection committee rolled out with 4 talls. None of the experienced players played well so how do any of you to expect the less experienced to?? Treacy didnt have a great game but i also think he was robbed of a couple of frees for over the shoulder & chopping of arms. The ball was also kicked over his head at times. There was a couple of marks he should of taken. I would like to have seen him given a couple of games to settle. Im not saying Amiss should be dropped but he has been given another oppotunity after a quiet game to find his feet. I also agree Tabs should play tomorrow as the WC backman would destroy Amiss & Treacy. Hopefully Amiss gets a mismatch tomorrow & has a good game & hopefully Treacy gets another crack soon. I dont think putting a 19 & 20 year old in & out all the time helps their devolopment. Most dissapointing thing is Treacy has now missed 2 weeks of football which isnt great management by the club
All for Treacy to play with Tabs in the current set up with Fyfe out.
Amiss getting another game isn’t ideal. It shows favouritism.
Tabs has to stay or take the number / defender. That’s the whole point. Otherwise it’s the best defenders on Amiss and Treacy, with Jackson can’t even outmark the medium defenders.

Tabs, Treacy, Jackson/Darcy is better.

The issue is the medium forward. Perfect game to give Sturt a chance. Banfield out, and Frederick is the only option. JOM will clearly get a role in that mix, which is ridiculous given there’s a natural medium forward perfect for it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back