Prediction Changes: Round 3 Vs West Coast Eagles + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, even subbed. There is no point in playing depth players in front of them.
Even Tabs before Treacy?
For a guy who is 198cn and 100jg he just doesn’t oush his weight around.
I’d get Treacy to play his natural way
and clear a path for Amiss.
I disagree with Treacy. Just a country footballer who might make a name for himself in the VFL. Just missing a few things.

Would tread water with Amiss/Sturt/Fyfe/Corbett as our Fwd talls for the year and then try get someone on board who isn’t a wank like Hogan and Lobb.

Give it a rest. Your hatred of the guy means you can't see the obvious. I'll still back the coaching staff over some random nuffie with a bee in his bonnet. I simply posted facts. Give me the stats for Treacy's last ten games then. You do realize he didn't even play last weekend??? What has he done to earn a recall?

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app
Jesus! Look past your love of Taberener just because he's been the only viable forward option other than Lobb for the last 6 years. You don't have to love him just because he wears purple.

But you're right. I can't beat the stats of Taberener with either Amiss or Treacy or Sturt. So maybe we should just stick with the current forward line up. It's not really broken is it? Why change a good thing right? I'm sure Tabs is a premiership winning FF.

I disagree with Treacy. Just a country footballer who might make a name for himself in the VFL. Just missing a few things.

Would tread water with Amiss/Sturt/Fyfe/Corbett as our Fwd talls for the year and then try get someone on board who isn’t a wank like Hogan and Lobb.
No way man, no more trading for so called "superstars". We should breed our own from now on. And we got 3 that we have drafted and ready to go. 2 of which are sitting sidelined whilst the Yesterday men keep getting a call up.

No way man, no more trading for so called "superstars". We should breed our own from now on. And we got 3 that we have drafted and ready to go. 2 of which are sitting sidelined whilst the Yesterday men keep getting a call up.

Not a superstar. Just a 195cm player ready to play his part.

Collingwood have shown you don’t need a super KPF to win games.

I really think in this game coming up we needed one more 190cm plus option in fwd line. One tall fwd is broken the other is getting his head around the physicality of AFL. They are coming up against the most seasoned, top heavy and intercept happy backline. For us to win the ball has to be brought down for our smalls.

I believe Treacy is currently a victim of our game style. He’s looks more suited out on the lead, not in a wrestle. We seem to want to always kick it high and long to a contest
His stats compared to Tabs at the same age are very similar, but easily outdoes him for “one percenters” which doesn’t come as a surprise.

I believe Treacy is currently a victim of our game style. He’s looks more suited out on the lead, not in a wrestle. We seem to want to always kick it high and long to a contest
His stats compared to Tabs at the same age are very similar, but easily outdoes him for “one percenters” which doesn’t come as a surprise.
But his marking is terrible and his kicking for goal has really gone down. His leading patterns aren’t that flash and is too slow. Just depth.

Reckon others go out before JOM. His versatility being able to play fwd helps him.

Hughes, Henry and Freddy who has been disappointed so far would go before him. Freddy has to lift his game.

Tabs on the Chopping block surely if he has a bad game. Hopefully we persist with Amiss and he can get a full season in.
Jackson not on the chopping block i find amusing

Not many forwards look good without some space to work with.
I’d agree in that Treacy looks good on
the lead and God help anyone trying to fill the hole.
He will crash packs and that’s where smart smalls should feast.
Last year we had Lobb with the reach,
But to quote inside 50’s this year without Lobb it’s pointless.

He can’t get on the park anymore. Can’t run out a game anymore. Will kick a goal here and there.

Is not the most physical player and because of that wouldn’t mind putting in a lighter shorter option in either Sturt or Corbett who have just as much physical presence.
I can't disagree with that currently but there still needs to be someone doing better to replace him with. I'm a Sturt fan too but I think we need a tall forward in the side, especially against the Eagles backline.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Taberner should have been dropped too, as should have Hughes. It's a start though.
Add Jackson to that roll too if we going by form so far this season. In my opinion he has been one of our worst performers. He has contributed five fifths of a fudge all in the games this season… prove me wrong…

Last edited:
Not a superstar. Just a 195cm player ready to play his part.

Collingwood have shown you don’t need a super KPF to win games.

I really think in this game coming up we needed one more 190cm plus option in fwd line. One tall fwd is broken the other is getting his head around the physicality of AFL. They are coming up against the most seasoned, top heavy and intercept happy backline. For us to win the ball has to be brought down for our smalls.
Before everybody starts up on me, I know I've rabbited on and on about this guy, but Josh Treacy is a 195cm player who is ready to play his part, and enjoys the physicality of crashing packs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see where you're coming from but the optics of dropping the "star" recruit wouldn't reflect well on the club. The Worst would have a field day.
Agree that is the main point he hasn't been dropped but it shouldn't be the case. Dropped Brodie fast enough who gave more (not much but definitely more) than Jackson has.

Jackson is versatile at least. Maybe if we stopped pigeonholing him as a fwd he wouldn’t have been as bad. Would love to see him get
PlayerMTKAvgHAvgDAvgMAvgHOAvgTAvgFFFAGAvgBSCRatAvg
Jamarra Ugle-Hagan251415.6522.11937.7833.330.1281.11710311.223
Josh Treacy20914.6582.91497.5613.1100.5412.11720150.812
Jye Amiss4225.592.3317.8153.80051.341411
Logan McDonald261515.8752.92268.71013.900331.3189311.222
Totals764055.31942.65997.92603.4130.21071.45640811.158
Did we try to make run at bringing McDonald home?

Jackson is versatile at least. Maybe if we stopped pigeonholing him as a fwd he wouldn’t have been as bad. Would love to see him get midfielder minutes

I mean on what he's shown so far, he's versatile in that he's equally as average in every position!

More seriously it just feels we're trying to be weird as a solution. Jackson and Switta in the middle is something that will work as a tactic when used sparingly. Jackson not a forward, JOM is not a forward. We have forwards we just don't like playing them. Drop our best contested possession mid after getting smashed at the contest 2 weeks in a row. Hughes a winger.

I see Troy Cook was at training today - hopefully we channel a bit of his aggression into the game tomorrow.

I mean on what he's shown so far, he's versatile in that he's equally as average in every position!

More seriously it just feels we're trying to be weird as a solution. Jackson and Switta in the middle is something that will work as a tactic when used sparingly. Jackson not a forward, JOM is not a forward. We have forwards we just don't like playing them. Drop our best contested possession mid after getting smashed at the contest 2 weeks in a row. Hughes a winger.
This👆

Remove this Banner Ad

Back