Mega Thread 2014 FA, Trades, Rumours and Facts (pre-draft thread).

Remove this Banner Ad

We all know Beamer isn't going anywhere, he seems extremely settled.
He had the chance to stay in Queensland as an 18 year old when GC offered him a deal; he chose the draft. If ever he was going to stay it was then.
Let GC & Brisbane fans write the stupid sh1t on the main board, try not to bite!

Beams has recently bought a house in Melbourne and settled down well with his Girlfriend. He has said he owes it to Collingwood as we stuck by him during hard times after 2010 grandfinal........BUT the lure of home is very very strong and will think hard about what to do after next year........
Actually, he bought a house in Kew, quite a while ago now, which he has been extending and renovating for nearly a year now. He has Witts, Seed and his sister all living with him.
He has also already instructed his management to open contract negotiations. He wants to get it done as he doesn't want the media attention that surrounded the Cloke and Thomas contract sagas.

Actually, he bought a house in Kew, quite a while ago now, which he has been extending and renovating for nearly a year now. He has Witts, Seed and his sister all living with him.
He has also already instructed his management to open contract negotiations. He wants to get it done as he doesn't want the media attention that surrounded the Cloke and Thomas contract sagas.
Correct, Beamer isn't going anywhere.

Well I hope he stays. I was talking to some of the players sponsors and they were talking about Beams and buying a new house recently...........signs sooner than going into next year would be good

Well I hope he stays. I was talking to some of the players sponsors and they were talking about Beams and buying a new house recently...........signs sooner than going into next year would be good
If he hasn't signed before next season starts I'll eat my hat. He'll be a pie for life.

I bought a house in Caulfield years ago, then I was offered a job overseas......what did I do?
I packed my bags & hung a for rent sign on the front lawn.
Easy decision. Buying property has little to do with settling down in a particular place anymore.....it's an investment that can be rented or sold very quickly.
Family is probably the biggest influence on where people live (linked with job opportunity & lifestyle).

Must be a big house, but cheers for the info. I'll offer my hand if he needs help around the joint :)

Must be a big house, but cheers for the info. I'll offer my hand if he needs help around the joint :)
From what I've been told he's nearly doubling the size of the place, as well as renovating the original property.

Big job, but it sounds like it will be pretty spectacular!

I know he signed a long term contract til the end of 2017 but I think we should have a chat to Sam Reid.

With Tippett and Buddy joining the Swans, Reid has fallen way down the pecking order. He's been used as a 3rd tall or moved down back. He couldn't have predicted that his role would be filled by the Bondi Millionaires but surely we can offer him something better than playing Jesse Whites old spot.

Sydney can not possibly have salary cap space to keep all of their players and he must now be seen as someone earning overs compared to the role he is playing.

If we can get a good 2nd tall that won't cost us either Beams or Sidey we should make it happen. This is a much better alternative to getting James Frawley and we will have the ability to put Ben Reid back. Open up the war chest and offer it to him!

I joked about cloning Ben but this might be an easier option. I think they would work well as key posts, they might just complement each other perfectly.

For all the idiots trading Beamer:
He is a player you trade in, not out.
He is in the top 50 if not top 20 players in the competition ATM.
Why the fcuk would anyone consider trading him for a kid with potential ?
Actually, I forgot - there are a lot of poster here that are kids - lol

Who do you want to offer? Lynch? Blair?

If you want to land a potential player who can make a real difference you need to offer someone wanted.

That doesn't mean I want to trade him though!

I know he signed a long term contract til the end of 2017 but I think we should have a chat to Sam Reid.

With Tippett and Buddy joining the Swans, Reid has fallen way down the pecking order. He's been used as a 3rd tall or moved down back. He couldn't have predicted that his role would be filled by the Bondi Millionaires but surely we can offer him something better than playing Jesse Whites old spot.

Sydney can not possibly have salary cap space to keep all of their players and he must now be seen as someone earning overs compared to the role he is playing.

If we can get a good 2nd tall that won't cost us either Beams or Sidey we should make it happen. This is a much better alternative to getting James Frawley and we will have the ability to put Ben Reid back. Open up the war chest and offer it to him!

I joked about cloning Ben but this might be an easier option. I think they would work well as key posts, they might just complement each other perfectly.

Left field but...
Grundy for sam reid and we chase lycett from west

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Left field but...
Grundy for sam reid and we chase lycett from west
Two trade suggestions that dont involve Beams? I think we are doing it wrong.

That is left field. Not sure about Grundy but we have to be prepared to offer someone of value.

You think Sydney will take White back since they sold us a lemon? We can throw in Armstrong as a sweetener;)

I heard that the pies have a heavy interest in acquiring Harper and Mullett from North, North are interested in JT.
*I'm not saying that thats the trade pies plan to offer or north plan to offer.

Last year i heard pies were looking at acquiring Karnezis during season....Same Person who informed me this ..doesn't tell me much at all but when he does its always trueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Take it or leave it idc.

I heard that the pies have a heavy interest in acquiring Harper and Mullett from North, North are interested in JT.

Last year i heard pies were looking at acquiring Karnezis during season....Same Person who informed me this ..doesn't tell me much at all but when he does its always trueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Take it or leave it idc.

Hmmmmm i wonder how that deal would work IF it came true

Can't see why we want Harper who hasnt got a game at North all year. Don't know if it matters but he is contracted til end of 2015.

Mullet has dropped off considerably in all areas in comparison to last season.

Can't stand North, do not want their rejects.

Well that is not saying a whole lot why?

So they have some Worry that Broomy could head home then:cry:
Back in Melb and have better access/time - Rocket initially said he was working on both, then said he was more confident with Kenno. I said I'd heard rumours Broomy wants out and he said yea he wants to go back to Adelaide. I'll leave it at that and we'll see what happens

Back in Melb and have better access/time - Rocket initially said he was working on both, then said he was more confident with Kenno. I said I'd heard rumours Broomy wants out and he said yea he wants to go back to Adelaide. I'll leave it at that and we'll see what happens
I am surprised he would be so frank and open about it.

lol:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back