Top 8 locked in

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essendon has come back from 5 goals down against Hawthorn and Geelong too.

yep they have. But West Coast were playing for a guaranteed finals spot and to be 5 goals up... they needed to be better than that. They needed to come out after half time breathing fire and made sure of the win and a finals spot. Now they have to rely on Adelaide to lose and Adelaide seldom lose after a bad loss.

Like I said earlier (before everyone decided to call me a troll), the Bombers will not play finals this year. The other clubs in contention:

North: 10 wins, 8 losses, 109%
Essendon: 10 wins, 9 losses, 106%
Collingwood: 10 wins, 8 losses, 105%

Gold Coast: 10 wins, 8 losses, 99%
Adelaide: 9 wins, 9 losses, 106%
Richmond: 9 wins, 10 losses, 104%
West Coast: 8 wins, 10 losses, 108%

So three of these teams will make it. If West Coast get up on Sunday they are a big chance with their draw. If Collingwood win then they'll more or less lock up a spot and end West Coast's season. North are almost certainly home with their draw.

The race for 8th is between Adelaide, Richmond and the Gold Coast. The Adelaide-Richmond game next week will be huge in determining who makes it.

Hey Barry guess who is playing finals this year

When they walk out on the field and the siren blows then I'll believe it. My prediction was not related to the on field stuff. I didn't know someone needed 3-4 weeks to make his decision.

And what decision do you think will make any difference to whether they play finals or not?

And what decision do you think will make any difference to whether they play finals or not?
The umpire's decision that awards a free kick to Prestia a few seconds before the siren next week, leading to a goal after the siren and a Gold Coast win. Either that or ASADA and WADA issuing a fatwa against the Essendon Footy Club with a special codicil condemning Robbo to his own circle of Hades, Dante style.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last position still wide open. Any of Collingwood, West Coast, Adelaide or Richmond can snatch it. Gold Coast only a very slim chance.

If Richmond win tomorrow as they should, Goldcoast are pretty much gone. If they somehow also beat Sydney next week then Richmond are in.

If they lose to Sydney as they should, Collingwood only need to beat Hawthorn and they are in. I think that's unlikely though.

If all the above happens and West Coast win they are in unless Adelaide beat St Kilda by more than about 90pts than the Eagles win. If the Eagles and Adelaide both lose, then Richmond likely gets in. If the Eagles lose and Adelaide wins then the Crows are in.

Follow? LOL :D

I reckon they are better than 50/50, Pies and Tigers are almost no chance and Eagles are better than evens to beat the Suns.

Lets say both Pies and Tigers are only a 20% chance to win (statisically overstating it) and WC has a 60% chance to win .

The odds on all 3 happening (Pies and Tigers losing and WC winning) is roughly 25%.

Lets say both Pies and Tigers are only a 20% chance to win (statisically overstating it) and WC has a 60% chance to win .

The odds on all 3 happening (Pies and Tigers losing and WC winning) is roughly 25%.

I doubt if I took a multi next week of Eagles, Hawks and Swans they would give me those odds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back