Autopsy Hawthorn v Geelong - "they weren't trying"

Remove this Banner Ad

It doesn't matter if we win or lose next week....we are very likely playing Geelong in week one of the finals.
Do we rest a few next week....

Out: Gunstan, Suckling, Burgoyne
In: Grimley, Litherland, Hartung

Does Lake have a matchup next week..?
Give him a spell so he is not injured or get suspended for first week of finals

Maybe give Bruest a week off also....just to freshen up

No resting any more. It is time to launch. Pies will get smacked next week.

I think people were writing us off - me included because it seemed that we were still playing freo - picked up exactly where we left off. They weren't sticking tackles, weren't chasing, fumbling the ball - in a nutshell they looked flat and tired and I for one voiced my concern that maybe a season of injuries may have finally caught up with them.

I was wrong, I will wear that, but to be told I shouldn't be allowed to join in celebrations should we win the big dance - well I'm certainly not buying that

Well I agree with the last bit - I don't think people shouldn't celebrate just because they write us off too soon (IMO) - but I do wish people had a little more faith in our team.

The difference between Spang and Shoe atm is pace. Shoe could not out run Hale atm.
If he works on that this off season we may be able to play him forward when Brand and Heatherly come into the team.
Watched him chase Armfield (who is no slouch) in the Box Hill game today. Was actually gaining on him and put pressure on his kick.

Spangher has definitely booked himself in for September footy for mine - and at the expense of Schoe. Whatever Spang lacks, he more than makes up for in determination, hard work and courage - the three things that are sorely lacking in Schoey.

Actually reads the play well does Son of God and one on one imo can halve the contest better than the Shoe. I don't doubt the Shoes endeavor though.

Well I agree with the last bit - I don't think people shouldn't celebrate just because they write us off too soon (IMO) - but I do wish people had a little more faith in our team.

Our first half was the worst I've seen since the Richmond 2nd half last year, it was hard not to be extremely concerned. Credit where credit is due though, the boys done well.

Selwood's elbow into Roughead's throat.

BvuZYdhCQAAvo_V.jpg

protected and disgusting...THIS MAN IS A protected species...should get rubbed out for a week...SORE LOSER just like the rest of the Geelong fraternity!

Yep stick by your club......no matter what. ;)

Hawthorn is part of who we are.

We are not just there for the good times. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simpkin, Spanger and Sewell would be the only players from tonights team (Potentially an unlucky cegler) who would have doubts about playing in a fortnight. Simpkin and Spanger are frankly poor players in an exceptional side and sewelly has just about given every ounce his body had. Outside Cyril who are the other genuine contenders to come in.
I still think Shoey should play ahead of spanger or if your playing a team other then Sydney just go small with a dureya or Litherland. What are peoples thoughts ?

I think people were writing us off - me included because it seemed that we were still playing freo - picked up exactly where we left off. They weren't sticking tackles, weren't chasing, fumbling the ball - in a nutshell they looked flat and tired and I for one voiced my concern that maybe a season of injuries may have finally caught up with them.

I was wrong, I will wear that, but to be told I shouldn't be allowed to join in celebrations should we win the big dance - well I'm certainly not buying that

Writing us of?. More so, people were disgusted with our first half performance, which was awful. I was one of them.

If people - not you CP - think being critical is being disloyal or ' writing us off then that is awfully precious.

What I was thinking or writing would have been much tamer than what Clarko delivered at the big break.

Simpkin, Spanger and Sewell would be the only players from tonights team (Potentially an unlucky cegler) who would have doubts about playing in a fortnight. Simpkin and Spanger are frankly poor players in an exceptional side and sewelly has just about given every ounce his body had. Outside Cyril who are the other genuine contenders to come in.
I still think Shoey should play ahead of spanger or if your playing a team other then Sydney just go small with a dureya or Litherland. What are peoples thoughts ?

I thought Simpkin was an important move - by necessity, I might add. Gave us some more pace and movement.

I was in the Shoey camp up until recently, but I think his seeming inability to mark a player closely is what gets Spangher the nod for the time being.

Don't let Langford do media haha such a private school boy voice.

Best on tonight for sure

He is still young and new to this footy interviews business, I'm sure in no time he'll be mixing his metaphors and slipping in a few 'yeah nahs' like the best of them ;)

GF last year aside, tonight is probably the most satisfied I have felt after a game of footy. We won with zero contribution from Gunston and Breust, doubt that will happen again.

I honestly thought we had thrown in the towel prior to half time when we had literally no one forward of centre at a centre bounce.

Birchall's contribution in the second half needs more recognition. In the first half we had Lake, Ceglar and Gibson kicking the ball out of defence. In the second half it was Birchall who was hitting targets and making a huge difference to the way we went forward.

Tonight was Stratton's best game by far this year. He, Lake and Gibbo are a formidable group when the ball is in the air. I am confident that the ball will either be marked by one of them or punched 15 rows deep.

Now all we need is to reproduce this performance in 2 weeks time.

Writing us of?. More so, people were disgusted with our first half performance, which was awful. I was one of them.

If people - not you CP - think being critical is being disloyal or 'righting us off then that is awfully precious.

What I wad thinking or writing would have been much tamer than what Clarko delivered at the big break.

This is right, you can only judge on what you see. For mine, I haven't felt all season that we've got into gear like we did in 2013, so the second half tonight was a breath of fresh air. The first week of finals will tell us where we are. Being critical of the team is in no way being disloyal. Some have blind faith and some of us are always looking in areas where we can improve. That's the way it is with supporters.

If people - not you CP - think being critical is being disloyal or 'righting us off then that is awfully precious.

What I wad thinking or writing would have been much tamer than what Clarko delivered at the big break.
i didn't write us off but those three umpire decisions in the second quarter...woops i'm sorry i forgot who i was responding too...yes you are right in your early judgement because...please dont move me to the conspiracy thread, unless you are being precious...my precocious, sorry precious...how boring...

For some reason I wasn't into it as much as other Hawks-Cats game but great win although it doesn't really means much in truth

Loved the work of Langers. His attack on the ball is 10/10 although his foot skills need work for sure
Cegs is our #1 ruck. No idea how to fit in Big Boy as Hale actually had a good game for once
Was Suckers injured or just dragged?
ands I hope Gunners is ok!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back