Autopsy Hawthorn v Geelong - "they weren't trying"

Remove this Banner Ad

For some reason I wasn't into it as much as other Hawks-Cats game but great win although it doesn't really means much in truth

Loved the work of Langers. His attack on the ball is 10/10 although his foot skills need work for sure
Cegs is our #1 ruck. No idea how to fit in Big Boy as Hale actually had a good game for once
Was Suckers injured or just dragged?
ands I hope Gunners is ok!

Suckers injured his knee.

Selwood's elbow into Roughead's throat.

BvuZYdhCQAAvo_V.jpg

Will it get looked at - I bet you not

The difference between Spang and Shoe atm is pace. Shoe could not out run Hale atm.
If he works on that this off season we may be able to play him forward when Brand and Heatherly come into the team.

Shoe chased down a fairly fast player in the vfl today, after we were 20 goals up !

Will it get looked at - I bet you not

I reckon they will have to even though its no where near as concerning as the "recent occurrences" of this type.

The MRP/AFL are making a rod for their backs by "not getting it right" as far as accuracy and consistency goes.

Still don't reckon it will get anything more than a mention at most.

GF last year aside, tonight is probably the most satisfied I have felt after a game of footy. We won with zero contribution from Gunston and Breust, doubt that will happen again.

I honestly thought we had thrown in the towel prior to half time when we had literally no one forward of centre at a centre bounce.

Birchall's contribution in the second half needs more recognition. In the first half we had Lake, Ceglar and Gibson kicking the ball out of defence. In the second half it was Birchall who was hitting targets and making a huge difference to the way we went forward.

Tonight was Stratton's best game by far this year. He, Lake and Gibbo are a formidable group when the ball is in the air. I am confident that the ball will either be marked by one of them or punched 15 rows deep.

Now all we need is to reproduce this performance in 2 weeks time.
You mean the 2nd half? Still a reproduction would be excellent, but no good for the heart.

You could see he was seething just the way he was squirming when asked some questions about the onslaught in the third...

Needs to do some work on "how to lose graciously".

Call your Mum Scotty, she will understand. :cry:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still reckon they put the cue in the rack.

Look to a degree I agree, but in that first half we were witches hats. The fact they had 250+ disposals in th first half says a lot about our pressure and set ups. We do have to be careful though getting the game played on their terms especially certain 1-1 match ups that utilize their pace.
When we decide to hunt the opposition like GF last year (something we have taken to since the 2012 GF ) we can still play our attacking game while restricting their overlap, spread and link after the contest.

Both teams will have gained an insight into each other after tonight but I would much prefer to be us.

Gunston didn't look too thrilled singing the song and couldn't even see Suckling in the group (watched the video several times and can't place him within the group).

Hopefully no bad news :(

I thought Simpkin was an important move - by necessity, I might add. Gave us some more pace and movement.

I was in the Shoey camp up until recently, but I think his seeming inability to mark a player closely is what gets Spangher the nod for the time being.
a simpkin is a quality runner he just really panics with footy in hand. I think Dureya or Litherland would give more flexibility then Spang and I can't imagine a tagging job on Taylor being trialled again.

His my sound like a boy, but the boy has been playing like a man..:thumbsu:

I just love his hunger and ferocious manic attack for that footy:D

Go Hawks!!

I can see his self-belief increasing as he takes the contest on and wins more and more of the footy.

That boy is only going to get better and better with time.

And yes, we forget that he hasn't yet completed his first full season of AFL with the big boys.

Selwood on roughead incident won't be anything ... He had the ball and it was a split second swipe with elbow to throat ... Roughy reacted to it but insufficient force and the fact he had ball tucked into body will help him.

Chris Scott has a copy.

He'll be going over it trying to prove Geelong lost it and Hawthorn didn't win it come on the couch time with Gerard Healy! ...They're a bunch of SORE loser down the highway!

Mission accomplished for Cats, says Scott...what mission!!!..you got beaten and opened uop the door for an even bigger hiding come finals! The Invicnicbles....this man is SO deluded!..and his ego the size of the FORD factory!

Selwood on roughead incident won't be anything ... He had the ball and it was a split second swipe with elbow to throat ... Roughy reacted to it but insufficient force and the fact he had ball tucked into body will help him.

Correct - but for consistency needs to be looked at

Consistency - what was I thinking, carry on

What about this?

Roughy at CHF in more of a "buddy" roving role as he is so versatile and mobile.

And a fit Gunston as a stay at home sharp-shooting FF.

Gunston has shown how good he can be 1 on 1 when the ball comes in quick.

Neither are one trick ponies either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back