Review What did you learn v dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone else notice what I think was horse experimenting with centre square clearences. Pyke smashed the ball forward a couple of times and then I nearly fell out of my seat when Tower lined up to take the centre square knock he is only 189cm ffs.

Did anyone else notice what I think was horse experimenting with centre square clearences. Pyke smashed the ball forward a couple of times and then I nearly fell out of my seat when Tower lined up to take the centre square knock he is only 189cm ffs.

Better option than Parks. Got a good leap does Towers though!

Horse stated the big first quarter allowed us to test some thing out. Seemed like the build a lead, test out tactics was a deliberate game plan.

1. Tippett works as second ruck and can still be a big presence up forward. Best I've seen him move this year and makes us look stronger in that area (> Reid)

2. The best Jack has looked all year was when he was playing as a small forward, can we sit him back there for the finals?

3. Mitchell is a pretty handy fringe player ;)

Still wondering how Biggs was kept out of the side for so long even in 2013 when we had some injuries he wasn't selected until it was nearly last man standing.

Hope we can lock him away for a few years and develop him further.

1. It may of been against subpar opposition but Pyke is in form at the right time of the year and when he is up and about it makes a massive difference to our midfield (We haven't dominated the clearances like that for a few weeks now)

2. Biggs is ahead of Shaw come finals time, I can't see any logical reason for the coaching staff to play Shaw ahead of Biggs come finals, Biggs is currently fitter, faster, stronger and more versatile all Shaw has is experience

3. With the way our forward line set up on the weekend and how Tippett second rucked I think it may now finally be the time to use Sam Reid in defence when he returns.

3. With the way our forward line set up on the weekend and how Tippett second rucked I think it may now finally be the time to use Sam Reid in defence when he returns.

2015 sure. With a settled backline I don't really see the logic in trying him in an unfamiliar position just in time for the finals.

One could make a decent argument for keeping Reid out of the side for now however I don't think that one is Horse.

1. Tippett looked a lot more mobile than he's been in the past month and was sharp. Finally got to see the Pyke/Tippett ruck combo I was expecting to see at the start of the year and was pretty happy with the outcome. With Pyke rucking well and able to rest in the forward line and Tippett getting a few quality chop outs it might cover off our only real weakness in the team going into finals. I rate Reid for his work up the ground but hasn't looked as effective as the supporting ruck.

2. Biggs looks classy. He slots in seamlessly to seniors the same way that Lloyd has. They both make smart decisions and take the right options. I love Mal but wouldn't begrudge him leaving and am very happy to see Rohan and Biggs playing with confidence off HBF.

3. Jury still out on Towers. He did some really good things yesterday and weaved through some traffic but undoes a lot off his good work by rushing himself and taking some poor options. He has a heap of potential but I don't think he's warranted holding a spot for the finals with so many first 22 still to come back.

3a. I have always loved watching the Swans but having a once in a generation superstar like Buddy running around has just been the icing on the cake this year. Excitement levels are close to breaking point.

3b. Expectation is a double edged sword. It's exciting to have your team be the minor premiers and flag favourite but the threat of stumbling at the last hurdle is torture. 2005 and 2012 were great because both years we didn't go in as favourites and won flags against the odds. I hope 2014 doesn't turn out like 2006 when I really had high expectations and was devastated on GF day. Our team is exceptional but the sinister form of Hawthorn is lurking in the back of my mind.

1. Tippett looked a lot more mobile than he's been in the past month and was sharp. Finally got to see the Pyke/Tippett ruck combo I was expecting to see at the start of the year and was pretty happy with the outcome. With Pyke rucking well and able to rest in the forward line and Tippett getting a few quality chop outs it might cover off our only real weakness in the team going into finals. I rate Reid for his work up the ground but hasn't looked as effective as the supporting ruck.

2. Biggs looks classy. He slots in seamlessly to seniors the same way that Lloyd has. They both make smart decisions and take the right options. I love Mal but wouldn't begrudge him leaving and am very happy to see Rohan and Biggs playing with confidence off HBF.

3. Jury still out on Towers. He did some really good things yesterday and weaved through some traffic but undoes a lot off his good work by rushing himself and taking some poor options. He has a heap of potential but I don't think he's warranted holding a spot for the finals with so many first 22 still to come back.

3a. I have always loved watching the Swans but having a once in a generation superstar like Buddy running around has just been the icing on the cake this year. Excitement levels are close to breaking point.

3b. Expectation is a double edged sword. It's exciting to have your team be the minor premiers and flag favourite but the threat of stumbling at the last hurdle is torture. 2005 and 2012 were great because both years we didn't go in as favourites and won flags against the odds. I hope 2014 doesn't turn out like 2006 when I really had high expectations and was devastated on GF day. Our team is exceptional but the sinister form of Hawthorn is lurking in the back of my mind.
Very good post Mr Gong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Handball skills are sublime - so fast under pressure - so well drilled.
2. Manic pressure is exceptional. Can't wait to see Hawks deal with that in the finals.
3. Buddy is a rare beast - great to watch.

This is an awesome football team. Us or hawks. i've backed us.

He said repeatedly that he won't rest players BUT...

The presser was hilarious

Hack journo: Horse you be resting your players this week amrite?

Horse: We don't rest players, no one rests players. Freo did it that once but that was just an error on the team sheet. Doesn't happen.

Hack journo: You sure?

Horse Nup. Never in the history of the game have players been rested, except that one error by Freo. It is just like tanking. Doesn't happen. Of course if a player is sore they will be rested.

Meanwhile in the rooms....

MC and assorted assistant coaches: Ok boys get ready for the bus trip back. Tippo you look sore, Buddy holy cow are you right mate? You look sore. Ted, Reg sore as hell boys eh? Parks is that a grazed knee? Is it sore? Yes!! Kizza? Macca? Are those band aids....sore I bet. Ramps, is that mo sore? Looks it. Pykey boy you look sore as well. Christ anyone not sore....yeh Tom I know we jabbed you with so much juice you have no idea if you still have limbs.......

Horse: We don't rest players, no one rests players. Freo did it that once but that was just an error on the team sheet. Doesn't happen.

Horse Nup. Never in the history of the game have players been rested, except that one error by Freo. It is just like tanking. Doesn't happen. Of course if a player is sore they will be rested.

MC and assorted assistant coaches: Ok boys get ready for the bus trip back. Tippo you look sore, Buddy holy cow are you right mate? You look sore. Ted, Reg sore as hell boys eh? Parks is that a grazed knee? Is it sore? Yes!! Kizza? Macca? Are those band aids....sore I bet. Ramps, is that mo sore? Looks it. Pykey boy you look sore as well. Christ anyone not sore....yeh Tom I know we jabbed you with so much juice you have no idea if you still have limbs.......

The best bit was when they asked him about injuries...and he said nup BUT he hasn't got the latest word yet.

Gotta love Horse, even when you know he is lying through his back teeth.

Goes to every interview with a stoned expression gives nothing to the media.

Love the word "sore" - it means 2 things:
1. Player being rested;
2. Star player being dropped - but we don't want to make it public.

In any case, it would be wrong for Sydney not to keep Richmond where they belong - 9th.

1. Tippo finding awesome form leading into the finals. A ripe time to do so.

2. While bird is probably best 22 I would argue that tom mitchell could take his place in the side. It was like he never left. Has a strong case for finals.

3. Mals kicking efficiency is elite. No one more composed than him even under pressure. Gonna miss that from him if he leaves.

Pissed myself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back