Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
* supporters say the funniest things.
Here's rines*

Nice move by Gil.. purely designed to put a wedge between club and playing group.. it is a deal that should have been given directly to the AFLPA.. and thus the players.
Little has put his foot right into the trap on this one.

o look rines* again:

What was missing finals last year about.. if not a 'voluntary suspension?'...

As previous poster said.. how many finals campaigns do we have to miss before people will be satisfied.. ffs.. the player have already had two years basically stripped from them without ANY evidence being provided..

Penalty should be backdated until Feb of last year.. and it is all done and dusted now. Time for everyone to eat humble pie and move on.

Is she* on drugs?
I agree that this could see a pressure valve released around the club. There has been so much speculation and drama this year. Time for the boys to feel comfortable knowing that the sky isn't falling.. that Hird is back and will coach.. and Bomber will most likely still be around in some capacity.. that there is no further action that can be taken until the post-season.. they are in the finals..

I expect to see some of our best footy over the next 2-3 weeks. Time for the boys to switch on and show their true colours.

Another * cultist.

Here's the deal I'd put to ASADA:
  • ASADA retracts the show-cause notices and provide a legally-enforceable undertaking never to reissue them
  • ASADA provides a detailed public explanation as to why show-cause notices were not issued for AOD-9604
  • ASADA issues a public statement stating that the investigation into potential doping at EFC is complete, and no further action is warranted because no performance enhancing drugs or prohibited substances were given to Essendon players.
  • EFC drops the lawsuit and gets on with playing footy
  • I'd like a few additional points to the edited point above.
    • ASADA issues a public statement and apology stating that they were an accomplice by remaining silent in allowing the festering of public damnation of Essendon players and officials over AOD-9604.
    • ASADA issues a public apology to James Albert Hird. In doing so, both AA and McDeals gets down on their knees and kisses the arse of James, begging for forgiveness.
    • ASADA repays all wasted monies to the Australian public over their cluster**** of an 'investigation'.
    Then I might look at that deal.

• ASADA retracts the show-cause notices and provide a legally-enforceable undertaking never to reissue them
  • ASADA provides a detailed public explanation as to why show-cause notices were not issued for AOD-9604
  • ASADA issues a public statement stating that the investigation into potential doping at EFC is complete, and no further action is warranted because no performance enhancing drugs or prohibited substances were given to Essendon players.
    • ASADA issues a public statement and apology stating that they were an accomplice by remaining silent in allowing the festering of public damnation of Essendon players and officials over AOD-9604.
    • ASADA issues a public apology to James Albert Hird. In doing so, both AA and McDeals gets down on their knees and kisses the arse of James, begging for forgiveness.
    • ASADA repays all wasted monies to the Australian public over their cluster**** of an 'investigation'.

Jesus. In the immortal words of Mike Myers. "Cuckoo, cuckoo".

I love the way there's still some Essendon types who put the massive size gain in a short period - so remarkable Jobe noted it in an interview - down to The Weapon's weights program.

I'm reminded of when Drew Petrie was asked years ago about the then crap facilities at North. He said that lifting weights in a portable didn't matter as a 20kg weight was a 20kg weight no matter where you did it.

Unless of course you did it at Windy Hill in the 2011/2012 off season, where it appears they had MAGICAL weights just for that one off season where lifting them made you suddenly a great deal bigger than anyone else.

It's so sad that The Weapon was so successful with his weights program but had to be fired for... ummmm... doing nothing wrong?

I love the way there's still some Essendon types who put the massive size gain in a short period - so remarkable Jobe noted it in an interview - down to The Weapon's weights program.

I'm reminded of when Drew Petrie was asked years ago about the then crap facilities at North. He said that lifting weights in a portable didn't matter as a 20kg weight was a 20kg weight no matter where you did it.

Unless of course you did it at Windy Hill in the 2011/2012 off season, where it appears they had MAGICAL weights just for that one off season where lifting them made you suddenly a great deal bigger than anyone else.
That wouldn't have been Drew trying to down play the impact crappy facilities had on development would it?

Those facilities got us 3 grandfinals 8 prelims in a row. It even got us the 99 Golden Gong in that halcyon year for the Bombers ;)
No arguments that they weren't useful mate. Though the differences between the 90's and the 00's in professionalism at clubs was staggering. Those facilities were one of the reasons, in my humble opinion, you blokes didn't kick on from the 90's as successfully as I thought that you would.

Just highlighting Drews comments work both ways.

That wouldn't have been Drew trying to down play the impact crappy facilities had on development would it?

Have you been on the juice also? Are you telling us that 20kgs is not 20 kgs?

Good, that means my current 20 kgs of extra weight for my height is not 20 kgs, but perhaps 0 kgs? Excellent news, that.

No arguments that they weren't useful mate. Though the differences between the 90's and the 00's in professionalism at clubs was staggering. Those facilities were one of the reasons, in my humble opinion, you blokes didn't kick on from the 90's as successfully as I thought that you would.

Just highlighting Drews comments work both ways.
So do *Jimmah's apparently.

I take full responsibility apparently means that I don't..

Have you been on the juice also? Are you telling us that 20kgs is not 20 kgs?

Good, that means my current 20 kgs of extra weight for my height is not 20 kgs, but perhaps 0 kgs? Excellent news, that.
Well I have a feeling the 20kg my housemate uses is actually only 10's since the 2 appears to be scratched on.........

But no what I'm suggesting is that better facilities can lead to an increased fitness and that Drew's comments whilst correct, were made to downplay the crappy facilities and the whole 20kg is 20kg therefore facilities play no factor is a very simple argument. After all if you don't need better facilities why did you guys upgrade?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I have a feeling the 20kg my housemate uses is actually only 10's since the 2 appears to be scratched on.........

But no what I'm suggesting is that better facilities can lead to an increased fitness and that Drew's comments whilst correct, were made to downplay the crappy facilities and the whole 20kg is 20kg therefore facilities play no factor is a very simple argument. After all if you don't need better facilities why did you guys upgrade?
Considering the initial reference was in relation to bulking up your train of thought is irrelevant. We used weights then and now. The weights weigh the same. Your boys used weights AND PED's. Therein lies the difference.

Considering the initial reference was in relation to bulking up your train of thought is irrelevant. We used weights then and now. The weights weigh the same. Your boys used weights AND PED's. Therein lies the difference.
My train of thoughts are fun though :D

My train of thoughts are fun though :D
Toot toot!
team_crazy_train.png

;)

Another * cultist.

Haha so *their idea of a "deal" is to be publicly and forever more declared innocent of all wrong doing. If that's the same negotiation style *Little *Paul is taking I can see why we haven't got this done yet.

Serious question.

When was the last time anyone in the media used ASADA Essendon and brave in the same sentence.

Sorry MaddAdam you don't count.

Serious answer. Now it's been expanded to something like "just amazing what they have been able to achieve under such terrible circumstances, they deserve to go deep into September." Which Darcy said Monday evening to nods from the panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back