Moved Thread Ben Griffiths Contract Discussion - SIgned

How much would you offer Griffiths per year (assume 2yr contract)?

• Lower

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 7 4.5%

Votes: 22 14.3%

Votes: 67 43.5%

Votes: 42 27.3%

Votes: 6 3.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Higher

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade

Votes: 5 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone else think Griffiths could be our version of Roughy? Similar attributes and mobility and playing similar roles.

Does anyone else think Griffiths could be our version of Roughy? Similar attributes and mobility and playing similar roles.

I would love to say yes but he does not have roughy's crash and bash, yet. Lets hope he can develop it. I see griff being our lead up chf to give our mids a target so that he can wheel around and launch the ball deep in our f50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We let it be known that we wanted to take Deledio and Roughead. Hawks took Roughead at 2, and banked that we wouldn't take Franklin at 4. They were right.

F***&^%^$#!#^ !!! Thanks for the info Danog I didn't know that...

Hopefully if all goes to plan we will end up with Roughy MKII (BENNY G)....

I
beg to differ.... They have virtually identical hit out stats yet vickery has managed 12 more goals in 2 less games.

If I could find them, I'd compare the Inside 50 targets of both Vickery and Griffiths. I will guarantee Vicks has double the amount of times he is the target inside 50 compared to Griff which means he would get more shots on goal, which in turn means he will have more goals. Stands to reason.

They also play different roles. Vickery hangs back inside 50, whilst Griff pushes up the ground. I'll bet Griff has been involved in more scoring chains than Vickery. Some stats can be misleading as they are heavily weighted to a certain playstyle.

I
beg to differ.... They have virtually identical hit out stats yet vickery has managed 12 more goals in 2 less games.
Stats don't tell everything. When Vickery rucks he usually takes throw ins in the forward half. He doesn't stray down back too often. This mesns he is left in position to allow him to kick goals. Griffiths goes deep down back more often and as a consequence it is harder for him to kick goals. I will admit that Vickery does position himself much better for the handball over the top and thus the easy goal or the sjort pass. Griff has kicked several goals this year from outside 50m which in turn stretches the opposition defence. Vickery can't do that.

think that's a bit wishful thinking. I don't think he has it in him to dominate a game the way roughy can. Or be as damaging on the score board.
he's improved heaps this year and been playing well the last few weeks, I suspect he still has a lot more improvement to come. hope its with us.

Back