Mega Thread Coaching Staff Pickups

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't want Sando at PRO. He was sacked simply bc like DH he loves battlers recycled players and he Molly Coddles his players. Please we don't need Peter Heaters as we have one already
The Crows board were smart enough to move him on. They were sick of the excuses. They're now starting to progress by sacking this Dancing with the Stars trainer
They have now moved into position where they are potentially two yrs ahead of us

What the hell would he do at Essendon with Hird, Bomber and Neil Craig all there?

I'm not sure i want him anybody convince me that its a good choice Tigerbob?

He was well liked by the Freo players. He got some results with them also. Finals etc.

He's got experience also.

Decent developer of young talent. Better coaches out there but not the worst shout.

Don't want Sando at PRO. He was sacked simply bc like DH he loves battlers recycled players and he Molly Coddles his players. Please we don't need Peter Heaters as we have one already
The Crows board were smart enough to move him on. They were sick of the excuses. They're now starting to progress by sacking this Dancing with the Stars trainer
They have now moved into position where they are potentially two yrs ahead of us
Your really an Essendon supporter aren't you, some of the crap that you spew out with is on par with the crap they spew out with.

Yep great idea,Like the Tigers of the past,We know where to re-direct our money,Not into the football dept but into payouts for sacked coaches.They have moved into position all right.Something about bending over.;)

Your really an Essendon supporter aren't you, some of the crap that you spew out with is on par with the crap they spew out with.
Nope it's so bloody obvious
They were smart enough to react. It's opinion and I will not change it. You're sounding like a Carlton supporter to me so wtf

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While we may never know the reason for this surprising, in my eyes anyway, sacking, but if it is driven by player power, Walker and co, or a club legend, Ricciuto, stirring the pot then Adelaide are stuffed IMO. Shades of Garrrrrrrrryyyyy Loinchop setting Melbourne back 10 years.

So you know why he was sacked? (unlikely)
You don't know who they've appointed.
But they're two years ahead of us.

Just beautiful logic.

While we may never know the reason for this surprising, in my eyes anyway, sacking, but if it is driven by player power, Walker and co, or a club legend, Ricciuto, stirring the pot then Adelaide are stuffed IMO. Shades of Garrrrrrrrryyyyy Loinchop setting Melbourne back 10 years.

If that means they will be bottom 4 for a long time then I am all for it!

Wasn't it a player led revolt that sent Watters on his way from St Kilda, how'd they do again this year, they thrived under their new coach and made finals didn't they, we can only hope the same happens to Adelaide.

Yer its a strange move but if what whately was saying the players werent happy with Sandersons performance then they have take on board what they say... If they dont they risk losing the players.. For a coach who has the best win loss ratio ever at the crows this moves seems pretty harsh. But if the coach wasnt setting the standards that is required then I think its a great move. The next bloke wont be complacent ever!!!

sanso will ednd up ay essendon as goodwins replacement which is ironic because goodwin is now taking over as sandos rep;lacement at adelaide ah a tangled web we weave

So Essendon will have Hird, Craig, Thompson, Harvey and Sanderson on the worlds most expensive coaching panel??

Yer its a strange move but if what whately was saying the players werent happy with Sandersons performance then they have take on board what they say... If they dont they risk losing the players.. For a coach who has the best win loss ratio ever at the crows this moves seems pretty harsh. But if the coach wasnt setting the standards that is required then I think its a great move. The next bloke wont be complacent ever!!!
But we don't know if the standards set were reasonable or not, very dangerous ground when the tail wags the dog, Sanderson could have been dreadful or outstanding for all I know, I'm talking about the general principal.
The next bloke may think he has to suck up to the players, and ex-players, and therefore he won't be respected, time will tell.
Hopefully they have ******* it up big time and taken themselves out of the finals equation for a while.:D

So you know why he was sacked? (unlikely)
You don't know who they've appointed.
But they're two years ahead of us.

Just beautiful logic.
The results speak for themselves Livonski
He wasn't setting the world on fire otherwise he'd be still there. That's my logic and I just gave possible reasons

The article states a few points that raised alarm bells for me

1 His review of the season was critiqued as lacking an inspiring vision for next season. His explanation of Adelaide’s failure to reach finals for the second consecutive year was loaded with statistics that were taken as excuses,
particularly by Ricciuto who joined the board in July.

2 A day after declaring “mediocrity was unacceptable” at the Adelaide Football Club — which is without an AFL premiership or grand final appearance since 1998 — Crows chairman Rob Chapman told Sanderson the club needed a new direction.

3 He's good mates with Nathan Buckley

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back