Mega Thread Coaching Staff Pickups

Remove this Banner Ad

But we don't know if the standards set were reasonable or not, very dangerous ground when the tail wags the dog, Sanderson could have been dreadful or outstanding for all I know, I'm talking about the general principal.
The next bloke may think he has to suck up to the players, and ex-players, and therefore he won't be respected, time will tell.
Hopefully they have ******* it up big time and taken themselves out of the finals equation for a while.:D

The way Gerad Whately explained it on AFL360 was that the leadership wasnt happy with Sandersons lack of driving the club ... his prep... and his reviews etc. As if he took the foot off the pedal.... strange move because you think they could have soughted it out.

Big Ivan different because he replaced no one. We had no ruck and Miles wasn't recycled, he didn' t have a chance at GWS.

Betts and Pods were old and pointless additions like Hampson and Chaplin

Eddie Betts had an outstanding year: 51 goals and filled a massive need for them. He's 27 so he's got another 4-5 years left. Not bad considering they got him for nothing but cap space.

Big Ivan different because he replaced no one. We had no ruck and Miles wasn't recycled, he didn' t have a chance at GWS.

Betts and Pods were old and pointless additions like Hampson and Chaplin
Isn't that exactly what a recycled player is someone not getting a regular game at their old club?

Yep great idea,Like the Tigers of the past,We know where to re-direct our money,Not into the football dept but into payouts for sacked coaches.They have moved into position all right.Something about bending over.;)
No club has ever sacked their coaches IMO as I believe all coaches sack themselves
Why bc they break their promises and fail to live up to their promises. It's sad that clubs have the burden of having to pay them out, but that's life as generally their is growth and hope once the new coach comes in

If I promise my wife for her birthday jewellery diamonds holidays roses etc etc year after year and fail to deliver any of it , but I continue to Molly coddle her and give her statistical analysis on why I couldn't deliver each year . Then if we part ways who's at fault for breaking up the relationship???;)
Remember Most Coaches sack themselves and boards make the best decisions for the club based on the evidence or feedback given to them based on the coaches preliminary targets to current situation and the future plans
The coach is just one person paid to do a task and is not the club or no bigger than the club
This is why the rfc has failed we always rate the coach to be bigger than the club and have allowed them to run amok until we say oh we are in deep shix now lets get a new one
The admin should treat the coach as an employee and have him under the radar 24-7 and not allowed to be given the keys to drive the club into turmoil. Just look at our first 13 weeks what happened as DH got his extension b4 hand and thought he could make a few major changes which lead to catastrophic results
Most Coaches sack themselves mate

Last edited:
Yep great idea,Like the Tigers of the past,We know where to re-direct our money,Not into the football dept but into payouts for sacked coaches.They have moved into position all right.Something about bending over.;)

Its why I hated giving Dimma another 3 years last December..... I hate paying out contracts. If we dont win a final next year I cant see Dimma surviving... so we will be paying out 1 year....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was Northey ready to pull the trigger, was the Lions his back up plan? I thought he was being underminded by Mal Brown the whole entire time?
Don't believe it as we were keen to keep him but we only had a few cans with 2 bob coins in it. We couldn't match lions offer. We wanted him to stay
Both parties departed ways not due to unprofessional or incompetent conduct. Just money but I stand to be corrected as it was a shock departure to me at the time

Don't want Sando at PRO. He was sacked simply bc like DH he loves battlers recycled players and he Molly Coddles his players. Please we don't need Peter Heaters as we have one already
The Crows board were smart enough to move him on. They were sick of the excuses. They're now starting to progress by sacking this Dancing with the Stars trainer
They have now moved into position where they are potentially two yrs ahead of us
Didn't take long.

Don't believe it as we were keen to keep him but we only had a few cans with 2 bob coins in it. We couldn't match lions offer. We wanted him to stay
Both parties departed ways not due to unprofessional or incompetent conduct. Just money but I stand to be corrected as it was a shock departure to me at the time
Northey left with 1 year left to run on his current contract. The lions had offered him longer tenure not more money. All he wanted was an extension of his time, not more cash.

No club has ever sacked their coaches IMO as I believe all coaches sack themselves
Why bc they break their promises and fail to live up to their promises. It's sad that clubs have the burden of having to pay them out, but that's life as generally their is growth and hope once the new coach comes in

If I promise my wife for her birthday jewellery diamonds holidays roses etc etc year after year and fail to deliver any of it , but I continue to Molly coddle her and give her statistical analysis on why I couldn't deliver each year . Then if we part ways who's at fault for breaking up the relationship???;)
Remember Coaches sack themselves and boards make the best decisions for the club based on the evidence or feedback given to them based on the coaches preliminary targets to current situation and the future plans
The coach is just one person paid to do a task and is not the club or no bigger than the club
This is why the rfc has failed we always rate the coach to be bigger than the club and have allowed them to run amok until we say oh we are in deep shix now lets get a new one
The admin should treat the coach as an employee and have him under the radar 24-7 and not allowed to be given the keys to drive the club into turmoil. Just look at our first 13 weeks what happened as DH got his extension b4 hand and thought he could make a few major changes which lead to catastrophic results
Coaches sack themselves mate
But if your wife is silly enough to buy you a Ferrari and then leaves you, do you have to give back the Ferrari?

Rumor has it Guy Mckenna to get the flick Thursday/Friday.

That would be a possibility. When Ablett got injured I thought it was a chance for the Gold Coast board to really look at what he has done with the group.

It wasnt overly impressive and you had to question how far they really had come.

So you know why he was sacked? (unlikely)
You don't know who they've appointed.
But they're two years ahead of us.

Just beautiful logic.

^^This x 1000!

As I keep saying: just sacking the coach isn't a plan.

Saying that Adelaide have progressed by sacking Sando when we have no real idea why, and no real idea what they're going to do next just makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back