Rumour The Trade Rumour File

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to see DeBoar pursue his career elsewhere, he doesn't have the class to force his way into the side, so he should go and get game time elsewhere. I don't see him improving beyond his current capabilities either. Use it to get some currency in the trade market that we can use to get someone that will be of value to us.

De boer for Garlett or Robinson?

For the record I'm not a fan of either but if we're losing De boer I wouldn't mind a player in return over a pick between 30 and 50.

I'd say a pick between 40-50 max. A bit better than what we got for Michie. Similar to Broughton (we got pick 37 and had to give pick 60 as well).

His skill set suits Ross' game plan and he can't get a game.
Yeah that was a bit optimistic, would by happy with around 40.

I think us losing my buddy MDB (who bleeds purple) would be unfortunate but I also understand he needs to find opportunity where it exists. If that be Carlton then I couldn't begrudge him, top notch fella.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jonathon Giles wants out of GWS.

comment from GWS poster He's best as a goal kicking tall that can be a back up ruck. Very good kick, average at hit outs. Clubs like Fremantle, Carlton, Western Bulldogs, Adelaide even Brisbane could do with a bloke like him.

that is not my dream ... neale?
I totally understand the love for Neale. He is one of my favourite players. I think we have the depth to cover him. Yes he gets a heap of possessions, but I think he is a benefactor of the Des Hedland @ brissy scenario. Our mids are Fyfe, Mundy,Barlow, Hill - all cop the tag and Neale runs free. Brissy had Voss, Black, Aker, Power - Des was free to go.

We want a power forward. Hogan although unproven at Afl, should be a winner.
Neale - one of my favourites. Cost us draft pick 58.

Buy low, sell high.

Griffen will most likely return to SA one way or another.

As I said will never happen but that's what this time of year throws up !

Jonathon Giles wants out of GWS.

comment from GWS poster He's best as a goal kicking tall that can be a back up ruck. Very good kick, average at hit outs. Clubs like Fremantle, Carlton, Western Bulldogs, Adelaide even Brisbane could do with a bloke like him.

That game he played against the Suns where he kicked four was very good as a forward, clunked and slotted them.

I reckon Garlett will fit in well in our side. Garlett will free up Walters to play more in the midfield. When Garlett is on song he is a dangerous small forward and suits playing at Subi.
Imagine the pace, with Ballantyne and Garlett in the same forward line and the lift in class with Walters in the midfield.

I reckon Garlett will fit in well in our side. Garlett will free up Walters to play more in the midfield. When Garlett is on song he is a dangerous small forward and suits playing at Subi.

Agree.

He's shown in the past he can be a high scoring, pressure forward. With his head in the right place, he could easily be another 40 goal a season player for us, along with Pav, Ballas & walters - any of which smalls can rotate thru the midfield to give guys a chop out.

Jarrod Waite has left Carlton, and will head to North for $50k extra per season over two years (100k in total).
Has advised the club.

Source: John Barker (Carlton assistant coach).

Jarrod Waite has left Carlton, and will head to North for $50k extra per season over two years (100k in total).
Has advised the club.

Source: John Barker (Carlton assistant coach).
I'm not exactly disappointed about this.

Getting in somebody older than 30 would've looked catastrophic in the eyes of the AFL community after he played all of about 8 games for us in 2015 and failed to connect with the clubs gameplan and team defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back