Beauty & Style Things where cheap isnt an option?

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

House
Home maintenance
Heating - why would anyone buy a $20 blow heater that it liable to burn down your house?
Powerboards for your TV / PC
Kitchenware
Suits
Toothpaste

Orange juice.

25% stuff - WTF is the other 75%? That isn't juice.
UHT stuff - orange juice that has been essentially boiled so it lasts 6 months. Pass.
Concentrate stuff - well that's just cordial.

Give me a bottle that contains the juice of some oranges (including pulp or otherwise) and nothing else. Failing that just give me a bag of oranges and I'll do it myself.
You mean there's a better way?

juicer.png

sunglasses for mine.. cheap ones generally have crappy lenses, dont fit as well & manage to get scratched or just fall apart way too easy. get a decent pair and they last for ages
Not necessarily. I have a $20 pair of aviators given to me for Christmas nearly 5 years ago now and they're still holding up fine, despite daily usage.

Orange juice.

25% stuff - WTF is the other 75%? That isn't juice.
UHT stuff - orange juice that has been essentially boiled so it lasts 6 months. Pass.
Concentrate stuff - well that's just cordial.

Give me a bottle that contains the juice of some oranges (including pulp or otherwise) and nothing else. Failing that just give me a bag of oranges and I'll do it myself.

Orange juice is shithouse for you. Better off avoiding it completely.

Shoes - the difference in comfort and how long they last mean cheap shoes are not worth it.
Beer - one good, properly naturally brewed beer without preservatives is more worthwhile than six generic ones (plus the lack of hangover)
Cheese - Especially parmesan for pasta. If it isn't the genuine Italian article, it doesn't do the job.
Milk - Unhomogenised organic milk FTW. You can get $1 per litre white liquid masquerading as milk, but don't bother.
Bread - Agree with the poster above; $5-$8 sourdough loaves properly baked are more filling and infinitely better for you.
Cars - I have a European diesel car. 120,000 km, no problems. I also have a 40-year old Kombi that is now worth 3x what I paid for it 15 years ago.

What's your beer of choice?

Milk. None of the Coles/Safeway brand white water. Pauls is where its at.
Bread. Bakery usually, but can deal with the more expensive supermarket bread (tip top, wonderwhite)
Coffee. For the home it's moccona or * off. People that drink international roast confuse and scare me.
Jocks. A poor pair of jocks is bound to ruin your day.
Meat. Butchers meat only for steaks roasts etc.
Socks. I have a real thing for socks and having them on properly and comfortable. I get irritated when my socks slip out of place.

There is probably heaps more I can't think of.

Washing Detergent: Liquid Cold Power or Dynamo, no Powder or Home Brand there
Deodorant: Brut is my weapon of choice
Razor Blades: Gillette Fusion Cartridges for me, been there tried that with home brand disposables and failed.
Soft Drinks (Coke etc): Coke is cheap enough hot from the supermarket anyway
Footy Boots/Running Shoes: Yes there's a budget involved (usually $60-80 does the trick, if they're discounted from above $100 even better) but I'm not looking for no name crap from the $20 bin.
Airfares: Gold Virgin Velocity member for a reason. Have had hopeless experiences with Tiger and Jetstar (arguably Jetstar are worse). If I want to skimp on transport costs then I can put up with the bus or train.
Backpackers: I'd hapilly pay extra for a PRIVATE room as opposed to a shared room. Don't mind sharing a bathroom or toilet, but please give me my own room and space.

Washing Detergent: Liquid Cold Power or Dynamo, no Powder or Home Brand there
Deodorant: Brut is my weapon of choice
Razor Blades: Gillette Fusion Cartridges for me, been there tried that with home brand disposables and failed.
Soft Drinks (Coke etc): Coke is cheap enough hot from the supermarket anyway
Footy Boots/Running Shoes: Yes there's a budget involved (usually $60-80 does the trick, if they're discounted from above $100 even better) but I'm not looking for no name crap from the $20 bin.
Airfares: Gold Virgin Velocity member for a reason. Have had hopeless experiences with Tiger and Jetstar (arguably Jetstar are worse). If I want to skimp on transport costs then I can put up with the bus or train.
Backpackers: I'd hapilly pay extra for a PRIVATE room as opposed to a shared room. Don't mind sharing a bathroom or toilet, but please give me my own room and space.

I don't get how people buy homebrand coke/LA Ice they are disgusting. You can get a 2L of pepsi for $2 anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back