Mega Thread Dayne Beams trade (Its over, thread closed)

What do you support the club to do? (Opposition respondents will be carded)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then Brisbane start talking to Port Adelaide about a possible deal.

You attempt to do a deal with Port Adelaide, because the preferred designation is Port. If that breaks down, you sound out Aish whether he is prepared to move to Adelaide. If not, you go back to Port. If so, you deal with Adelaide who may offer less because Port are now out of the picture. Hypothetically.

I think you are missing the point.

The process you are describing is the one I would expect were a player to simply say I need a move, and here is where I want to go, suck it up.

Except, we keep being told this is entirely about his dad, and we must all be extremely considerate and of course holding him to his contract which he signed in good faith would be morally wrong. So I keep wondering at what point in the above, if he refuses to countenance Adelaide in the hypothetical (or GC in real life), you ask, candidly, if this is really all about his sick relative or he just wants out to Port, always wanted out to Port, and we can stop pretending we have to do this deal if we dont want to be considered to be terrible citizens and admit this is a bank heist without balaclavas.

Sounds like Ashcroft sees that Beams is worth way more than solely Pick 4, especially considering Beams is entering his prime.

Beams cant refuse to go Gold Coast... he wants to spend time with his dad.

If he does refuse GC then Brisbane have to match or better the offer, otherwise, Beams' motives snd reasons for wanting to break his contract are null and void.

We're appy for Beams to stay a pie btw...
Agree mate! if we take Beams for his word that's why he wants to go to QLD for his sick dad. Lions fans have to understand he is a franchise player, Brisbane have been unable to land a big player since there premiership years. It wont look good for them in the long term if they cant land Beams.Gold coast coming to the party is the best thing for the pies.
Although connors did make a smart arse remark afew days earlier that Beams is missing H.Shaw a little! if thats the case Connors let us know we will send him to the GWS! don't be shy
The Brisbane lions board and fans know by now pick 4 is not going to cut it! The ball is in your court

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/jo...-he-joined-lions/story-fndv8d6r-1227078066390

Newsflash Browny, he already is a premiership player.

As for the article itself, if a player is this good to help a club like Brisbane win a premiership, he is worth plenty.

So lets cut the crap and start dealing fairly.

Mature-age players and free agents are realising that Brisbane is on the way up. If we can get a big name like Dayne Beams, I’m sure other guys will follow and we’ll start giving it a real shake again.’’

Yep, that's the reason he's going.........

Nothing to do with his old man and playing with his brother. As long as another half a dozen guns have a brother playing for Brisbane and have an immediate family member seriously ill in the SE corner his premiership call might come true.

There's more chance of Melbourne winning the 2015 premiership than Brisbane voluntarily walking away!

The only way they drop out is if GC price them out of the market.

Agreed, hopefully Gazza's injury slightly cheapened his new contract neg's and allows GC to make a significant bid.

Dayne Beams also wants a good trade deal for Collingwood.

Brisbane has to offer good compensation otherwise Beams will consider them as not appreciative of his talent.

I hope GC comes to the party and ruins Brisbane's chances.
I don't agree that Beams cares about Collingwood welfare. If he cared enough he would've never have broken thee contract he signed and tired to make other arrangements about his Dad much sooner.

[mod edit] I should be a little more respectful on an opposition board :( [/mod edit]

Last edited by a moderator:
[Q

Where does the player want to go?.....Same 2 clubs in SA when Polec wanted to go home...Polec only wanted to go to Port...No good negotiating with a club if the player doesn't want to go there...Why would a club put a disgruntle player on their list? ..just because a club gets a better return? Other things to consider how many more players does said manager of player have at original club.....contract talks with other players down the track can become a real problem...
Why do we give a s**t why Gold Coast want a disgruntled player on their list? If we get a better return, what happens to Beams in the future is not our problem

As for the last point, if a player wants to stay at a club, he will stay. Got nothing to do with a manager. Whenever a player is 50/50 a manager is always going to be in their ear to move and potentially get a better deal. It's their job, it's also their income.

Hey guys, hope all is well.

Just an honest question, so please don't take this the wrong way.

Given that you weren't quite good enough to make the finals this year and now you're losing Beams, how long do you think the re-building phase will last for?
3 years

[mod edit] I should be a little more respectful on an opposition board :( [/mod edit]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mature-age players and free agents are realising that Brisbane is on the way up. If we can get a big name like Dayne Beams, I’m sure other guys will follow and we’ll start giving it a real shake again.’’

Yep, that's the reason he's going.........

Nothing to do with his old man and playing with his brother. As long as another half a dozen guns have a brother playing for Brisbane and have an immediate family member seriously ill in the SE corner his premiership call might come true.

It took guts to write that and all credit to you.:thumbsu:

His father and brother are factors though along with his preference to ultimately leave the pies.

only 13 you reckon

Noticed that the Essendon Board has at least 2 threads on it's Board that is "No opposition supporters allowed"... one of these threads is about Patrick Ryder leaving...

and if an opposition supporter even writes a supportive post of the Essendon situation, they will be carded.

I think the fact we let you post here is the right thing to do.

You wanna be careful about trolling here...

Agree mate! if we take Beams for his word that's why he wants to go to QLD for his sick dad. Lions fans have to understand he is a franchise player, Brisbane have been unable to land a big player since there premiership years. It wont look good for them in the long term if they cant land Beams.Gold coast coming to the party is the best thing for the pies.
Although connors did make a smart arse remark afew days earlier that Beams is missing H.Shaw a little! if thats the case Connors let us know we will send him to the GWS! don't be shy
The Brisbane lions board and fans know by now pick 4 is not going to cut it! The ball is in your court

GC have come out with a bit of a Claytons bid not really giving anything concrete...
"We’ve been really intrigued with how Collingwood and Brisbane have played it out,” Ashcroft said. “They’ve been going back with no real finality with it. So from our point of view we are flexible enough to be involved in discussions and flexible enough to talk about what might be, if it does not end up being the Brisbane Lions footy club"
......that's hilarious....not really committing......we're sort of in the race if Brisbane aren't..

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2014-10-02/suns-confirm-interest-in-malceski

3 more years or 3 years from when we started 2 years ago?

I think in 2016 we should be projecting back up the ladder, though it might be a bumpy 2015!
2017 maybe a lot of kids that need at least 50 games plus before we can be a real threat. I'm talking top 4 not just making the eight! There are a few teams that are in the same boat! That's just my opinion same people might think it might be quick fix but it will take time

GC have come out with a bit of a Claytons bid not really giving anything concrete.........that's hilarious....not really committing......we're sort of in the race if Brisbane aren't..

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2014-10-02/suns-confirm-interest-in-malceski

No they actually pointed out that Brisbanes bid for Beams was a Claytons bid... and if Brisbane don't make a realistic bid that Collingwood should take then they will make a real offer.

Ashcroft just pointed out what we all knew... Pick 4... You're kidding yourselves!

Hey guys, hope all is well.

Just an honest question, so please don't take this the wrong way.

Given that you weren't quite good enough to make the finals this year and now you're losing Beams, how long do you think the re-building phase will last for?

Not so long because we've fast-tracked a rebuild anyway.

2011 draft equals: Witts, Elliott, Adams, Williams

2012 draft equals: Grundy, Kennedy, Broomhead, Ramsay, Frost etc

2013 draft equals: Scharenberg, Freeman, Langdon, Marsh

2014 draft equals: pick (4) Moore, etc.

We'll be up there soon again, might drop off slightly next year though but his a superdraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back