Mega Thread Dayne Beams trade (Its over, thread closed)

What do you support the club to do? (Opposition respondents will be carded)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was unhappy he would just decline the interview - that's much easier, than spouting BS like you're suggesting.

Interview was likely set up through the media department.
Not so easy to decline to comment if asked about the coach!
Not saying he was bullshitting but you're not going to hear any current player diss the coach (perhaps with the exception of H) so you can't take what the captain and a young player say in a media interview as any real indication of what's going on at the club.

Just watched the afl draft clip Hine said that they met with Brisbane. Hine said that we have told them what we want to release beams and that the ball is in there court. Hine also said we won't be changing our mind!

So f**k you Brisbane.

I am told Collingwood are actively seeking a way to elevate pick 4/5 into pick 1 or 2. View is that if they could get to Brayshaw (at least) then the deal becomes more interesting. Consider a scenario of;

Melbourne
Gain - pick 5 and Lumumba
Lose - pick 2 and a 3rd round

Collingwood
Gain - Pick 2 (Brayshaw) and Melbourne 3rd round
Lose - Pick 5 and Lumumba

Sticking point might be how Melbourne get Stretch so it may be we get their 2nd round and give them back our 3rd or something.

^^^

This is exactly what we should be doing. Losing Clarke was a blessing in disguise as it enables us to deal directly with Melbourne on H.

Do this deal and snag Brayshaw or Petracca, and add Darcy Moore and I will be rapt. Do it PIES

^^^

This is exactly what we should be doing. Losing Clarke was a blessing in disguise as it enables us to deal directly with Melbourne on H.

Do this deal and snag Brayshaw or Petracca, and add Darcy Moore and I will be rapt. Do it PIES
Surely Melbourne wouldn't do that trade though

All Brisbane Lions fans and some Pies fans have not realized one important matter about the Beams deal! Collingwood have no obligation to try and struck a FAIR deal for Beams He is a contracted player, he wont be a restricted free agent next year. He was player that the pies were expecting quite a bit in the coming 7 or 8 years and from a leadership point of view.
Were more then entitled to ask for overs!
At the same time we have not asked for 3 top 10 picks, Aish& Mayes .We have asked for pick 4 and one gun youngster ie Aish or Mayes which according to who you ask is fair, or if not possibly pick 4 and pick 12 for example.

All Brisbane Lions fans and some Pies fans have not realized one important matter about the Beams deal! Collingwood have no obligation to try and struck a FAIR deal for Beams He is a contracted player, he wont be a restricted free agent next year. He was player that the pies were expecting quite a bit in the coming 7 or 8 years and from a leadership point of view.
At the same time we have not asked for 3 top 10 picks, Aish& Mayes .We have asked for pick 4 and one gun youngster ie Aish or Mayes which according to who you ask is fair, or if not possibly pick 4 and pick 12 for example.

You say we have asked for...

Hine has not made public his demands, which he has given to Brisbane and awaits their reply. He has said he will not budge on his demands.

Otherwise we'll take Ablett and and GC's First round Pick!

stop-cooperating-jeza-3.jpg

Collingwood gain: Pick 4, and O'Rourke
Collingwood lose: Dayne Beams

Brisbane gain: Dayne Beams
Brisbane lose: Pick 4, and Joel Patfull

GWS gain: Joel Patfull
GWS lose: O' Rourke

Surely Melbourne wouldn't do that trade though

It really depends on where Melbourne see the value for them in the draft. Every club will have different views on the value of a player and they may believe that there is a good chance they could still pick the player they want at pick 4 and snare H as part of the swap. So they get a player they wanted in any case at pick 4 and virtually get H as steak knives.

We could land most likely Brayshaw and Moore which I think would be a great outcome. It will set us back a little in the short term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on now, its clear that Beams wants out, therefore we don't have the upper hand.

HOWEVER, this doesn't mean that Brisbane can get him for only pick 4.

WHY?

Because, if we had the upper hand, they'd have to give us Rockcliff (Almost as good as Beams) + Pick 4+ A youngster (As we have upper hand)

As we don't have the upper hand, Rockliff is off the table, hence, we are asking for Pick 4+Aish or Mayes.

Aish is essentially a chance to be what Beams already is, its a good trade for Brisbane, and they probably won't be able to hold him at that hole of a state for 10 years, may as well cash in on Beams and give a real club a real star.

Honestly, I still want Rockcliff, but because we've been betrayed by Judas, woops, I mean Beams, unfortunately, it won't happen!

Don't think GWS would go for that. Patfull is very underrated and we love him but if the Brian Lake trade is any guide to the value of quality, 30 year old defenders, I think the very most we could expect for him is the equivalent of mid to late 20s pick. GWS is reportedly only entertaining first round offers for O'Rourke.

I still can't believe I got thread banned by those lions fans for just mentioning Aish as a possibility to get traded, they're in denial! LOL!

Are we assuming someone has gotten the entire GWS hierarchy onto some bodacious drugs and they are engaged in a reenactment of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas?

Don't think GWS would go for that. Patfull is very underrated and we love him but if the Brian Lake trade is any guide to the value of quality, 30 year old defenders, I think the very most we could expect for him is the equivalent of mid to late 20s pick. GWS is reportedly only entertaining first round offers for O'Rourke.

This guy non stop hoses down any sort of slight unders we will get for Beams. He keeps speculating massive unders. Can the mods thread ban this guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back