Mega Thread Dayne Beams trade (Its over, thread closed)

What do you support the club to do? (Opposition respondents will be carded)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we assuming someone has gotten the entire GWS hierarchy onto some bodacious drugs and they are engaged in a reenactment of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas?

“We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.
Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.”

I still can't believe I got thread banned by those lions fans for just mentioning Aish as a possibility to get traded, they're in denial! LOL!

And then they have both moderators hosing down any bidding war speculating on our board that they have a monopoly and are going to get him for massive unders. Oh yeah I was thread banned too. :thumbsdown:

“We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.
Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.”

Acid and mescaline combined might just make Patfull for O'Rourke sound like a cool concept to GWS.

Provided the large purple dinosaurs stopped eating their brains with an icecream scoop long enough to let them fill in the paperwork.

Just watched the first qtr of the cats v pies game and Beams and HarryO were getting heaps of the ball. Just vomited a little but I think we'll be ok.

Looking forward to seeing what trade week throws up. We have some great kids coming into the years where they should be taking big strides and showing some real promise, especially with the chances being given.

Collingwood gain: Pick 4, and O'Rourke
Collingwood lose: Dayne Beams

Brisbane gain: Dayne Beams
Brisbane lose: Pick 4, and Joel Patfull

GWS gain: Joel Patfull
GWS lose: O' Rourke

Would take it would want to swap 2nd round picks aswell but that's close enough

Hoping Hawthorn getting Frawley stops them from chasing ORourke

Would take it would want to swap 2nd round picks aswell but that's close enough

Hoping Hawthorn bow getting Frawley stops them from chasing ORourke
Hawthorn would definitely be interested in O' Rourke. Their 4 best midfielders are; Mitchell, Hodge, Lewis and Burgoyne, all over 30 years old except for Lewis. They would probably be able to get him with pick 18/19.

And then they have both moderators hosing down any bidding war speculating on our board that they have a monopoly and are going to get him for massive unders.

If in your reference to "both moderators" you are referring to me as one of those moderators
1. I have said no such thing about the Lions getting Beams for "massive unders"
2. I do not moderate the Brisbane Lions board.

If in your reference to "both moderators" you are referring to me as one of those moderators

The only "unders" I referred to was that Joel Patfull (a Brisbane player) wasn't worth as much as that trade scenario indicated.

Calm down lads, no need to ban people, nobody's mentioning your untouchables ;)

Nah, it was neither of you that banned me though, some other bloke. I thought the untouchables thing was some silly joke! NO! Haha!

Just watched the first qtr of the cats v pies game and Beams and HarryO were getting heaps of the ball. Just vomited a little but I think we'll be ok.

Looking forward to seeing what trade week throws up. We have some great kids coming into the years where they should be taking big strides and showing some real promise, especially with the chances being given.

Add on what we get from Brisbane (Aish/Mayes + A class player from the draft) and we're looking at a sustained period of success in about 4 years time, all our youngun's will be in their prime, I can see Back to Back to Back to Back happening again! We'll be a force to be reckoned with I think! No help from the AFL either! Unlike those Lions!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Acid and mescaline combined might just make Patfull for O'Rourke sound like a cool concept to GWS.

Provided the large purple dinosaurs stopped eating their brains with an icecream scoop long enough to let them fill in the paperwork.

“The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.”

Is it worth hanging onto pick 4 and Aish/Mayes (if that is what Brisbane offer us) instead of trying to get Dangerfield? Then next year make a play for him or another player coming out of FA?

Is it worth hanging onto pick 4 and Aish/Mayes (if that is what Brisbane offer us) instead of trying to get Dangerfield? Then next year make a play for him or another player coming out of FA?

If we have the chance of getting him now then take it. Who knows what can happen in 12 months.

no, straight to danger.
pussys will have a few retirees next year so they could snap him up.

any beams picks/players will get passed straight onto Adelaide for Danger.
can't stand hutchy but what he said regarding Danger leaving this year rather then next year makes a lot of sense.
for those who didn't hear it he basically said if PD was thinking about leaving end of next year why not go now instead of wasting a year learning a new game plan under a new coach.

Yep. On trade pick 4 for another young gun, preferably Sheil.

Those two are a long shot and you can understand why given last years trade period as much as Beams is worth it. They'd have to request a trade.

Guys this is how I think it will pan out.

Collingwood lose Beams and Lumumba. Gain Dangerfield.

Lions lose pick 4 and Aish. Gain Beams

Adelaide lose Dangerfield. Gain Aish, pick 4 and the pick 22.

All this talk about Aish being off the table is bullshit. We all know you need to give to get good s**t, and Beams is A Grade.

That's my take.

Guys this is how I think it will pan out.

Collingwood lose Beams and Lumumba. Gain Dangerfield.

Lions lose pick 4 and Aish. Gain Beams

Adelaide lose Dangerfield. Gain Aish, pick 4 and the pick 22.

All this talk about Aish being off the table is bullshit. We all know you need to give to get good s**t, and Beams is A Grade.

That's my take.

Interesting hypothetical: would we take Dangerfield in that scenario, or would we take Aish and pick 4?

Tough call for mine.

With Dangerfield we're getting leadership (which we desperately need) and a replacement for Beams.

With Aish plus 4 we're getting an opportunity to replace 2 best 22 players in the next few years. That's handy given the number of best 22 players we've just lost and will lose in the next year or two.

Interesting hypothetical: would we take Dangerfield in that scenario, or would we take Aish and pick 4?

Tough call for mine.

With Dangerfield we're getting leadership (which we desperately need) and a replacement for Beams.

With Aish plus 4 we're getting an opportunity to replace 2 best 22 players in the next few years. That's handy given the number of best 22 players we've just lost and will lose in the next year or two.
In the scenario you're referring too we will also hold onto pick 22 to snare Garlett with and still 28 for cockatoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back