Player Watch #20 Sam Reid

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam_Reid_2017.6.jpg

Sam Reid

Sam Reid’s outstanding athleticism and strong contested grab make him a genuine threat inside 50. The 2012 premiership forward showed exactly that when he booted six goals in the Sydney Swans’ clash with Collingwood in Mark Grook at the SCG to win the 2019 Goodes-O’Loughlin Medal. The 2009 draftee can also play as a loose man in defence or pinch-hit in the ruck. Reid has had very little luck on the injury front in his time in red and white, but he didn’t miss an AFL match in 2019. He’s played 143 career games at the top level for a return of 154 goals.

Sam Reid
DOB: 27 December 1991
DEBUT: 2010
DRAFT: #38, 2009 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Wangaratta Rovers (Vic)/Murray U18

I'll be honest with you Reid is reallly overrated outside of Sydney surprised the amount of interest he was getting on TWR.

But hey if it gets us a better deal lets lap it up :D

Geez you people have been hanging around Bedford too long.
Reid was better than alright for the whole of 2012 when we won a flag. It's not like he has been completely crap his entire career like Jesse White.

Geez you people have been hanging around Bedford too long.
Reid was better than alright for the whole of 2012 when we won a flag. It's not like he has been completely crap his entire career like Jesse White.

Forgotten White finish to 2013? Reid has shown nothing more than White infact his career is following a identical path they are almost clones.

He is stagnating and we still haven't found a role for him, lets hope the move down back if it happens is just the tonic he needs.

I found it odd that the Bulldogs would openly discuss their interest in him.
Seems a strange thing to do unless they have actually spoken to him about relocating.

One thing talking about players who are free agents or have requested a trade, quite another talking about a contracted player, who doesn't appear to be on the trading block (from a Sydney perspective).

Harley could teach him to guard space in the backline

Grab Maxwell as a consultant on that project.

Macca would be able assist with the pointing and an email to Hodge to Mitchell about how to rack up free possies and be invisible on the ground unaccountable to no one would not go astray.

Picks 25 and 26 for Sam Reid.

If that is genuinely on the table and Swans don't pick it up, I'll rip up my membership (which has expired anyway, but the gesture is symbolic)

Forgotten White finish to 2013? Reid has shown nothing more than White infact his career is following a identical path they are almost clones.

He is stagnating and we still haven't found a role for him, lets hope the move down back if it happens is just the tonic he needs.

No doubt he has stagnated, but his 2012 was miles better than anything Jesse White ever produced AND we won the flag.

Do yu know what year it is now?

My comment was in relation to his trade value.
He still has 2 years to run on his contract.
Send him to CHB for the year and see how it goes. We are not going to get a kid who will be any better for us in the next 2-3 years. (if we trade and get draft picks)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unimpressive stats...just reading it makes you understand how much of a passenger Reid has been.

As for that 5 year contract, what were we thinking?

I think it had something to do with stopping GWS or GC poaching him.

Like i said he is a White clone but 2yrs younger.
Give us 2 years to fix him. White was a forward or bust. Reid looks like he can play down back. Time to put up or shut up if you ask me

That he would improve

Move him to CHB. Make him be a defender or trade him for one.

Everyone saying put him to CHB ? Where the **** does Reg go ? Ted has another decent year left in him at FB and Reg is a Rock at CHB. ( Don't mind eating humble pie on that.) Reid is not tough enough to be a key defender.The Ladyboy from Hawthorn has more intensity than Reid and that is saying something. Ironic the Ladyboy has touched Reid up a couple of times too. I have finally removed the egg from my face and come to terms with the fact that I have NFI what makes a good AFL player after predicting Reid would become the best forward in the game when he first come onto the scene. Apart from being an insurance policy as second ruck this year Longmire and his numerous quotes about Reid playing his role are about as honest and genuine as the teams effort last Saturday.

Everyone saying put him to CHB ? Where the **** does Reg go ? Ted has another decent year left in him at FB and Reg is a Rock at CHB. ( Don't mind eating humble pie on that.) Reid is not tough enough to be a key defender.The Ladyboy from Hawthorn has more intensity than Reid and that is saying something. Ironic the Ladyboy has touched Reid up a couple of times too. I have finally removed the egg from my face and come to terms with the fact that I have NFI what makes a good AFL player after predicting Reid would become the best forward in the game when he first come onto the scene. Apart from being an insurance policy as second ruck this year Longmire and his numerous quotes about Reid playing his role are about as honest and genuine as the teams effort last Saturday.
Reg to FB, Richards I don't think has another year. Or is better on the 3rd tall. Rampe to Mal/Shaw's role.

Personally, if the Bulldogs were offering 25 and 26 for Reid, i'd say we would be stupid not to look at it. Depending on the cap situation, it would give us tremendous leverage in trying to land a Ryder type player that we are after.
25 and 26? I like the idea of freeing up the cap but who can we get decently at 25 and 26?

Personally, if the Bulldogs were offering 25 and 26 for Reid, i'd say we would be stupid not to look at it. Depending on the cap situation, it would give us tremendous leverage in trying to land a Ryder type player that we are after.

I agree, I am losing patience big time with reid, although the team as a whole had a shocker in the Grand Final, he was just woeful. I think his career has been a little overrated to date. Lets put him on the trade table and see what can eventuate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back