Society/Culture Gay marriage approved in the UK

Remove this Banner Ad

Stumbled across this gem...

Also I don't disapprove in hetrosexual controls of kind being put into place regarding marriage etc. Worst example of hetrosexuality and marriage/breeding was a mentally disabled couple having a child who was even worse in this regard than their parents. However there is still the same mechanism available for a homosexual person to produce the same outcome as the above.

I forgot just how insane some people are...
Actually felt annoyed after reading it.

My criticism is the overt in your face lewd and filthy manner in which some of the participants conduct themselves . What sort of a degenerate would wander down the street in a g string or even less in front of young children lining the parade, its so unnecessary and does nothing for their cause but to show them up as being perverted. if they conducted themselves decently i would have no issue as i treat all people the same whatever their preference is but just have some decency in the way you conduct yourself surely this is not too much to ask.

I can turn my TV on at 8 o'clock on a Sunday morning and see someone wearing a g-banger shaking their a-hole in my face. How many children are exposed to that compared to Sydney Mardi Gras?

Your criticism is merely your opinion on what you find offensive, rather than an objective criticism of whether or not Mardi Gras is at conflict with societal values or causes any sort of societal harm. There's also an easy solution to your offence - don't attend.

Considering the police force, politicians and all sorts of public figures now officially march in the parade, the amount of corporate sponsorship involved and the lack of protest, it's fairly apparent that your opinion of what is offensive is at odds with mainstream Australian society. Love it or leave it, mate.

How does gay marriage render straight marriage meaningless exactly? Will hetero marriages somehow cease or become less valid as a consequence of gay marriage?

Thats a ridiculous claim to make, and certainly not one that empowers the liberal State to act to prohibit marriages.

If there is a social tradition that means a certain thing for many people over a long period of time, so that this social tradition holds deep value for those people, then that social tradition is changed to include something has never been part of the tradition the value of the social tradition is diminished. And the people who value that tradition are 'harmed'.

Liberal states always have to strike a balance between the rights of individuals and the needs of the broader community. It is appropriate that the state is empowered to prohibit marriages that do not conform to community values.

If there is a social tradition that means a certain thing for many people over a long period of time, so that this social tradition holds deep value for those people, then that social tradition is changed to include something has never been part of the tradition the value of the social tradition is diminished. And the people who value that tradition are 'harmed'.

Liberal states always have to strike a balance between the rights of individuals and the needs of the broader community. It is appropriate that the state is empowered to prohibit marriages that do not conform to community values.

This is the most bizarre defense of gay marriage, in so much as it an OFFENCE to Christians, that I have ever seen.

So, we should get rid of the racial discrimination act... But we shouldn't let homosexuals marry.

OK!

Child marriage was a common social tradition in European nations for a very long time. Why was that abolished?

I could name many other 'social traditions' that have been overturned. Liberalism doesnt care about social traditions or norms. It only cares about preventing harm (defined as an individual interfering with the freedoms of other individuals).

You have no right telling consenting adults that they cannot marry. Importantly, neither does the State.

Liberal states always have to strike a balance between the rights of individuals and the needs of the broader community. .

No, they dont.

Liberalism is about the extent and justification of laws and law making powers by the State. Nowhere in any liberal tradition are'social traditions' cited as a cause for the liberal State to curtail an individuals freedoms.

Even utilitarianism didnt go that far.

I can turn my TV on at 8 o'clock on a Sunday morning and see someone wearing a g-banger shaking their a-hole in my face. How many children are exposed to that compared to Sydney Mardi Gras?

Your criticism is merely your opinion on what you find offensive, rather than an objective criticism of whether or not Mardi Gras is at conflict with societal values or causes any sort of societal harm. There's also an easy solution to your offence - don't attend.

Considering the police force, politicians and all sorts of public figures now officially march in the parade, the amount of corporate sponsorship involved and the lack of protest, it's fairly apparent that your opinion of what is offensive is at odds with mainstream Australian society. Love it or leave it, mate.
Just one question i will put to you, do you consider it completely acceptable and how much more should we give leeway and let it all hang out , if you had a child that watched it on tv or was on the street, a passing parade of seriously strange people wandering down the street in bizarre leather getup leaving little to the imagination, or others in g strings doing dancing moves that are totally sexually confronting, and god knows what else, surely it should remain behind closed doors. Is not too much to ask to at least tone it done a bit. I don't think i am being the intolerant one, its gone all the other way and they are intolerant of us.

Just one question i will put to you, do you consider it completely acceptable and how much more should we give leeway and let it all hang out , if you had a child that watched it on tv or was on the street, a passing parade of seriously strange people wandering down the street in bizarre leather getup leaving little to the imagination, or others in g strings doing dancing moves that are totally sexually confronting, and god knows what else, surely it should remain behind closed doors. Is not too much to ask to at least tone it done a bit. I don't think i am being the intolerant one, its gone all the other way and they are intolerant of us.
There's terrible hypocrisy in homosexuals and their behaviour. They complain when people don't accept their lifestyl yet complain about others lifestyle choices. Not to mention some of the things that they do are astoundingly alarming and not suitable inn my opinion for kids and young kids especially to get exposed to.

I feel like there would be something to let you know that a mardi gra was happening...

This all just sounds like an excuse that you gave your mother when she caught you there.

"I had noooo idea! I was just walking down the street, when suddenly the Mardi Gra attacked me!"

Especially considering you know more about the Mardi Gra attire than I do... I guess it's just a matter of how much attention you pay...

There's terrible hypocrisy in homosexuals and their behaviour. They complain when people don't accept their lifestyl yet complain about others lifestyle choices. Not to mention some of the things that they do are astoundingly alarming and not suitable inn my opinion for kids and young kids especially to get exposed to.
Astoundingly alarming and alliteration!

You guys must hate women's beach volleyball what with all those scantily clad chicks. Disgusting I say!!!!!
Beach volleyball players don't run around in makinis or gstrings doing touchy feely things to each other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Floor pie , i'll give you a heads up it has been actually televised for a number of years. Time you traded in the radio and bought a plasma.

everyone will watch somethings once , not being aware of how far the boundaries are going to be pushed
Oh, so it could have just been a one off thing, that was over exposed due to it being for ratings on television?

No problem. Normally they all wear suits and walk with a goose step.

My argument is exactly the same as Gillard's. It's the mainstream position irrespective of religious views.

It's not really the mainstream position. I think you'll find there is well over 50% support for marriage equality these days.

I'm yet to hear a good argument as to why marriage equality shouldn't be part of Australian law. It seems those opposing it always start with the conclusion then work back to the reasons.

Estate Laws and hospital visitation rights could be addressed without changing the marriage laws. Perhaps the gay lobby is reluctant to push for that because they think it would be seen as accepting a compromise.

You can hardly expect Australia to recognise the marriages of gay couples overseas if it is not legal here. The higher burden of proof for de facto partners would also apply to heterosexual couples.

Except those heterosexual couples can get married and avoid it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back