List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion

Who would you like us to select with our first round pick right now? (Wright & Durdin excluded)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we will go for Gore we have been in contact with him 3 times so fair chance we like him.
Boyd
26.Menadue
27.Garlett
39.McDonald
45.Gore
46.Rainbow
Cordy

This would be our perfect draft Tall power forward a strong CHB and swing tall back man a hard nose on baller 2 outside running machines and a left footer to take the kick inns
Extremely unlikely, if one of Garlett, McDonald or Menadue are available at our first pick I'll be delighted.

Think we will go for Gore we have been in contact with him 3 times so fair chance we like him.
Boyd
26.Menadue
27.Garlett
39.McDonald
45.Gore
46.Rainbow
Cordy

This would be our perfect draft Tall power forward a strong CHB and swing tall back man a hard nose on baller 2 outside running machines and a left footer to take the kick inns

Rainbow is extremely unlikely at 46 and I'd be surprised if Gore was available to both should be picked in the 30's Garlett is a possibility though I currently have him at GWS's second round selection which isn't too far from our first. I can not see McDonald getting past Coca Cola they'll pick him up in a heart beat if he is at their second.

Rainbow is extremely unlikely at 46 and I'd be surprised if Gore was available to both should be picked in the 30's Garlett is a possibility though I currently have him at GWS's second round selection which isn't too far from our first. I can not see McDonald getting past Coca Cola they'll pick him up in a heart beat if he is at their second.

Rainbow tested poorly at the combine, it would surprise me if he's picked up in the 2nd round. I think he'll be available at pick 45/46.

Rainbow tested poorly at the combine, it would surprise me if he's picked up in the 2nd round. I think he'll be available at pick 45/46.
Quite a few think his kicking is vastly overrated on BF - kicking under pressure is the only kicking that counts at TAC level because almost all kicking at senior level is under pressure

Quite a few think his kicking is vastly overrated on BF - kicking under pressure is the only kicking that counts at TAC level because almost all kicking at senior level is under pressure
Agree. I've never got the fascination for Viojo-Rainbow at all. He looks like the classic Howard type: fantastic in an open field but that never happens at AFL level. I wouldn't be surprised if he slips through to the rookie draft to be honest. I don't think he has a high chance of making it.

Agree. I've never got the fascination for Viojo-Rainbow at all. He looks like the classic Howard type: fantastic in an open field but that never happens at AFL level. I wouldn't be surprised if he slips through to the rookie draft to be honest. I don't think he has a high chance of making it.

He plays for the Western Jets and his last name is Rainbow.

Just got of the phone to a friend from Adelaide who tells me the Josh Glenn has met with us a few times -he just sent me a video http://bigpondvideo.com/AFL/592096/draft-prospect-josh-glenn/

Said he was the perfect fit for us us our outside running wingman thoughts

Looks good on the highlights. Wearing the right colours and playing for the right team.
If everything in this post is true, then he seems to have a decent head on his shoulders too.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/josh-glenn-2014-draft-prospect.1071443/

Have to bow to your expertise here Dannnnnnnn , but boy I love the way he kicks the ball.
technically lovely to watch and his highlights were as good as anyone.
Still if he can't get it and is a deer in the head lights type all the rest counts for f-all

I think we'll draft some more players that have played with one another before to be honest

So they have a familiar face when settling in at a club

some of these players might have player their whole junior careers with one another

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to bow to your expertise here Dannnnnnnn , but boy I love the way he kicks the ball.
technically lovely to watch and his highlights were as good as anyone.
Still if he can't get it and is a deer in the head lights type all the rest counts for f-all
For all I know he could become a 300+ game player and dual Brownlow medallist KH; wouldn't exactly call it expertise!

He does kick the ball well and he does some brilliant things, but personally, I don't know how much of it is transferrable. From what I've seen of him I haven't been impressed with his ability to handle increased pressure with his skills deserting him a little when physical contact is made, or implied pressure is felt. I don't think he's overly composed. I worry that without the space to act at AFL level he may not be able to have an impact.

But of course, that's just the feeling I've gotten from watching him play.

I probably won't end up doing a full one to tell the truth. The BF phantom will likely start soon and with exams going on simultaneously it's going to be hard for me to get one done. I'll put something together before the draft but it's not going to be a massive phantom worthy of the phantom drafts board.

Probably won't slide past Carlton you'd think.
I'm not going off much but I reckon he'll go top 25. I think we'd take him if he was there at 26.

I would love to get DMac & Mennadue as quick ball users at 26 & 27 then go tall later in the draft.

I think Oscar McDonald will be available at 39.

I'm not going off much but I reckon he'll go top 25. I think we'd take him if he was there at 26.

I would love to get DMac & Mennadue as quick ball users at 26 & 27 then go tall later in the draft.

I think Oscar McDonald will be available at 39.
Is d mac McPherson ? He is next years draft

For all I know he could become a 300+ game player and dual Brownlow medallist KH; wouldn't exactly call it expertise!

He does kick the ball well and he does some brilliant things, but personally, I don't know how much of it is transferrable. From what I've seen of him I haven't been impressed with his ability to handle increased pressure with his skills deserting him a little when physical contact is made, or implied pressure is felt. I don't think he's overly composed. I worry that without the space to act at AFL level he may not be able to have an impact.

But of course, that's just the feeling I've gotten from watching him play.

I probably won't end up doing a full one to tell the truth. The BF phantom will likely start soon and with exams going on simultaneously it's going to be hard for me to get one done. I'll put something together before the draft but it's not going to be a massive phantom worthy of the phantom drafts board.
Sorry I haven't replied , a few mates know Mckenzie and when things don't go he's way he spits the dummy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back