IRS - Australia v Ireland Game 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really sure who Nick Smith is but I'll always remember him for that own goal.
In fairness to him, no teammates around, 3 irish, if he got tackled he would have been bundled into goal. Tried the snap across the body but the approaching irish player prevented it and led to the own goal. If it wasn't for that, Smith's job tonight was superb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great game. have always loved the IRS, the one with Goodes and Swan over there when the commentator kept calling him good-es was a great one. I went toa game at Footy Park around 2001 i hope they keep it up. Bringing the best coaches and players is what its about and how it should be. Magnificent atmosphere at Croke Park, the Irish are a great team, so fast and skillful and never give up. Long live IRS.

As for the Stynes i had a feeling Hodgey would get it, very solid performance, marshaled the team, Mitchell would have been close too, the other one was SJ he could have won it quite easily, any of those 3 was the right choice. Wingard also very good. Spewing there isnt another game.

Go to run out onto the field representing his country, and did his job.

Bet players from the teams not good enough to have any representatives are watching with envy.
waffle waffle waffle.

"You've been very awesome" Get off the stage Selwood.
Why the sour grapes? It was a great game + the best captain was chosen! Stop being so parochial!!! Show some graciousness, FFS? It's Australia playing, not GeelongCats -v- Poos+Wees :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back