List Mgmt. Who needs a big year to escape the axe?

Who needs a big year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yezeha

All Australian
Feb 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oklahoma City Thunder
Season 2015 is pretty far away but it may be the last season on Collingwood's list for some players if they have a poor year. Here are my thoughts:

2. Sam Dwyer

Gee, this one's hard. I really like Sammy. He's a pretty decent player who can come in and perform a role if he has to but he isn't the type of player we really need at the moment. I see him as a 'Simpkin' type where he would probably be around 22nd to 28th in the pecking order and would be a reliable role player for a team that is in a premiership window. We are a team that is building a young team for the future and if he can't impose himself as a definite best 22 player, I don't see it productive to play him over a young player like Broomhead, Fasolo or Kennedy.

9. Jessie White

Leigh Brown Mk II? Unfortunately not yet for the man we know as Jessie White. He was unable to do the job he was recruited for which was to provide a backup option for Travis Cloke and also pinch hit in the ruck. He did have a decent patch of form at the start of the year when Trav wasn't playing at his best and also finished fairly well in the last two games of the year (coincidentally when Cloke wasn't there) but for the most part, was underwhelming. He's built like Tarzan but needs to stop playing like Jane if he is to remain on the list.

14. Clinton Young

After his 2013 was ruined by injuries, Clinton Young was a virtual new recruit this year for us but unfortunately like White, was quite underwhelming. The real lowlight of his year was THAT moment up at Metricon Stadium of which we all had nightmares about that night. He needs to show us the form that saw him a walk up start in Hawthorn's 2008 premiership or else he'll get the arse for mine.

24. Josh Thomas

After three injury-riddled years, Jaytee seemed to justify the faith the club showed in him with a 2013 campaign that saw him win the Best First-Year player award. Unfortunately, he stagnated in season 2014. I'm prepared to classify his 2014 as a classic case of second-year blues since it was only really his second year of senior football. Even then, he did have his moments with a great display against St Kilda where he kicked 3 goals and had 30 touches and a match-winning display against the Giants where he also kicked 3 goals including the go-ahead goal late in the game. My point is though, this is his sixth year on the list and with the departure of Dayne Beams, Luke Ball and the ageing of Swan, he really has no excuse not to nail a spot in the midfield. Otherwise, we already have Adams, Greenwoood, Kennedy and probably even Elliott who can potentially overtake him and as a result, label him redundant.

44. Corey Gault

I never really rated this kid and even after his display against the Hawks, I still don't. His first goal, I admit was well executed but he got lucky with the second one and didn't show much else apart from those two goals. I really don't see where he will end up playing in the future. We already have Reid and Moore as a potential key forward duo after Cloke and Grundy and Witts as a potential ruck duo. Unless he can somehow overtake one of Reid, Cloke, White, Witts or Grundy, he's a goner.

Who you didn't see and why:

11. Jarryd Blair

Do you really think Bucks will let this guy go?

28. Ben Sinclair

Likewise.

Is there anyone I missed? What do you guys think will get the axe and remain on the list?

Pretty much all the players that were absent this year due to injury, or some other misfortune, are going to have to prove themselves next year

Also there is a huge shift in the make-up of the team now and many may find their place, or fit in better.

Fasolo
Seedsman
Ramsay
Sinclair (who I think will prove.people wrong)
White*

**depends on the development of witts/Grundy combination. Also our free agency plans.

I'd think Jackson Ramsay and Paul Seedsman will also need to put in good seasons to secure their spot on the list.
Oh yeah Ramsay, that's who I forgot.

In all honesty, I'm surprised he didn't even get rookied. I think Frost is more deserving of a senior spot than he is.

Oh yeah Ramsay, that's who I forgot.

In all honesty, I'm surprised he didn't even get rookied. I think Frost is more deserving of a senior spot than he is.

Jackson Ramsay added to the Poll. Let us mods know if you want any more added.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I change my prediction. The Australian ODI middle order, jeeze this is as hard to watch as Seedsman playing on Gunston in defence.

Seedsman will be fine.
Sinclair won't get a game unless we get the injury curse again, will be gone 2016.
Fasolo needs to put his head down and get serious, if he doesn't perform really well this year I'll happily see him traded out.
Blair hopefully doesn't get a game next year. Freeman and broomhead, Kennedy, karnezis, crisp, all better midfield/fwd options.
Young will hopefully not get games.
Ramsay meh.
Kennedy will need to show something, he has been serviceable at snr level but needs to do more, look solid.
Gault hopefully gets a bit of a look but he's pretty far down the depth tree might be hard, behind karnezis, Darcy, White, Reid, now crisp
Dwyer I like as emergency depth, play him vfl and if we get struck by injuries he can come in and break even at least. Good decision maker is Dwyer.
If brown gets injured again cut him loose.

Maybe not the axe but it's time for Karnezis to step up and actually perform in the AFL, he isn't young anymore.
In all fairness he is only 22 which isn't exactly old. Plus been injury ridden. I'd give him till the end of 2016 to prove himself. This year he will have a proper pre season and hopefully find his place in the team. Hopefully after another pre season next year he will step up.

Maybe not the axe but it's time for Karnezis to step up and actually perform in the AFL, he isn't young anymore.
22 is still young. And he needs to be fit before he can play seniors.

He actually did well in the seniors at Brisbane, but crazy Vossy had issues with him.

PK shouldn't even be in this convo.

22 is still young. And he needs to be fit before he can play seniors.

He actually did well in the seniors at Brisbane, but crazy Vossy had issues with him.

PK shouldn't even be in this convo.

In theory if he does nothing in 2015 then he'll be approaching 24 and all he has shown is a few glimpses at Brisbane.

He isn't on my list to cut, but if he doesn't start performing soon who knows

Back