Wii/U Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS

Remove this Banner Ad

Got the GC adapter over the phone since I didn't pre order earlier enough. Rang a few targets and EB and they said no to the adapter. Big W have SSB for $58 so $88 all up isn't too bad, although I'll probably get it from JB since I have a gift card which expires in 3 months.

Also, apparently a few adapters went for $70-150 on ebay...

Oh and it probably goes without saying, but the GC controller is by far the best way to play this game. GamePad is too awkward. It seems more responsive and the rumble is pretty strong. The wires might get annoying though in an era where we're blessed with wireless everything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone had any luck with online? The lag seems a bit much for a game like this.

Noticed that, I guess the massive influx of players because of American Thanksgiving/Black Friday is causing it.

I'm happy to stick to single player for now, it's expansive and gives you plenty of things to do.

Noticed that, I guess the massive influx of players because of American Thanksgiving/Black Friday is causing it.

I'm happy to stick to single player for now, it's expansive and gives you plenty of things to do.
Absolutely, having mates round for a tournament next week too so will be getting plenty of use out of offline, but would be great if it gets fixed up eventually. Not that I'm complaining, it's fantastic.

Absolutely, having mates round for a tournament next week too so will be getting plenty of use out of offline, but would be great if it gets fixed up eventually. Not that I'm complaining, it's fantastic.

I seriously thought after this long that surely there would be some issues. But there isn't, from what I can tell - so far. Plays exactly like how I always imagined SSB4 would. And no tripping, too.

Wow I'm absolutely terrible at this. First smash game, any tips?

Practice, practice, and more practice.

Training mode can help, too. But otherwise, the best way of being good is by continuously playing. Each character is different, obviously, so you may want to focus on a favourite one. Start with low level CPUs then move upwards gradually.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back