Preview Rookie draft - picks 18, 36, 53 & 65

Remove this Banner Ad

Harsdisty is a dead set clone of Daniel Elstone, probably a bit bigger upper body and certainly has a bigger tank. I just watched his highlights and he does carry a little puppy fat but gee if the kid is a running freak with that little bit of tub just wait until he finishes a few pre seasons with us. The kid looks silky and finds plenty of footy, could be, at this stage a Daniel Rich type? albeit LEVELS below obviously. I like him.

It says a lot about Grimley that no one else picked him up.
Is it likely that we'd promise to over-pay (Main List Payments) him, despite him being a Rookie - then, as such he was priced higher than other Clubs wanted to pay a Rookie?

Is it likely that we'd promise to over-pay (Main List Payments) him, despite him being a Rookie - then, as such he was priced higher than other Clubs wanted to pay a Rookie?
Wasn't he still on contract? If so, then he will likely be paid the equivalent of his final year. And yes, then probably over-priced, but I suspect the club would have picked up the difference, anyway.

Surprised the Pies didn't swoop on the Stones.

It says a lot about Grimley that no one else picked him up.

Whenever I saw Grimley play I thought he had talent but had an attitude problem. The one bonus outa all this might be that he might wake up and realize he is not a superstar of the competition, he's a bloke who has to work damn hard and be disciplined to maybe squeeze out a 50-game career... Maybe the penny will drop.

Its still a bit of a mystery to me why Will is so blonde....

View attachment 95510

I had a laugh, good one.

For the record, his hair color probably had something to do with his mum (the one on the left *smirk*)

will%20langford%20grand%20final%20family.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With young Langers, it may have been an age thing - may be rock bottom end of this year. I thought he was eligible for next year's draft and if so, we would likely have been pushed into a F-S scenario. This way we get him on our list for a rookie spot and can afford to spend as long as he needs. Will.I.Am took a couple of years.

Anyone know the bottom age limits for the draft? And is the Rookie draft age limit the same as for the Nat draft? (Not that they should be different, of course, but it is funny how no-one seemed to pick up on his eligibility).

His father also took a couple of years to find his spot. Remember him rucking for us in the early 80's.

Who where the last brothers to line up in a premiership team? I think it was the Burgoynes in 2004.

An elusive goal kicking speedster with excellent athletic attributes and the ability to crumb and take strong marks, massive x factor TICK

A hard inside mid with excellent endurance and great turn of speed that makes good decisions with the ball and tackles like a man possessed TICK

A young key position player in the making with huge potential, a great grab, excellent kick and great endurance + he's a Langford ! TICK

+ Grimley

This years rookie draft looks terrific, some exciting prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Back