Nathan Jones re-signs at Melbourne for four more years

Remove this Banner Ad

What? Pav will be remembered as a legend at Freo and is still competing for a flag. Robert Harvey and Nick Riewoldt are legends at St.Kilda despite no flag. Loyalty can do a lot for how you're remembered in the game
Is Ron Barrassi a Melbourne legend?

Barrassi had given us four flags and 200 games by the time he left. He was already a legend of the game at that point.
So Barrassi left and is still a legend? Cool.

Is Norm Smith a Melbourne legend? Or more recent example from another club is Paul Chapman a legend of the Geelong Football Club?

So Barrassi left and is still a legend? Cool.

Is Norm Smith a Melbourne legend? Or more recent example from another club is Paul Chapman a legend of the Geelong Football Club?

These guys all had something in common. And Chapman was pushed out by his own club, so its completely different. Let me ask you a different question. Will James Frawley be remembered as a Melbourne player, will Dangerfield be remembered as an Adelaide legend if he leaves at the end of the year. Or put it this way, who will be remembered more fondly by St.Kilda, Riewoldt or Goddard? Montanga or Dal Santo?

These guys all had somethig in common. And Chapman was pushed out by his own club, so its completely different. Let me ask you a different question. Will James Frawley be remembered as a Melbourne player, will Dangerfield be remembered as an Adelaide legend if he leaves at the end of the year. Or put it this way, who will be remembered more fondly by St.Kilda, Riewoldt or Goddard? Montanga or Dal Santo?
Yeah Chapman and Smith were shafted by their clubs which proves my loyalty is one way point.

Frawley will be remembered as a Melbourne player, leaving won't change that. Danger will be remembered as a gun Adelaide player. Riewoldt over Goddard though Goddards GF efforts will live long in their memories. Dal Santo over Montanga.

I may have been harsh labelling him an idiot but Jones has failed to cash in AND challenge for footballa ultimate prize. End of my career I'd want the flag. Loyalty is a bullshit concept used by fans and clubs against the players when they have no second thoughts on dumping players on the scrap heap.

Lets throw another one before I leave you guys to bask in Jones signature, is Junior a Geelong legend?

Well done nathan jones. Good to see some loyalty still exists. Should be the highest paid player there and deserves it.
What he said.

I would have loved for the Eagles to pilfer him via the free agency but Jonesy is the consummate club man.
Hope he gets to taste a little more success in the last third of his career.

w
Yeah Chapman and Smith were shafted by their clubs which proves my loyalty is one way point.

Frawley will be remembered as a Melbourne player, leaving won't change that. Danger will be remembered as a gun Adelaide player. Riewoldt over Goddard though Goddards GF efforts will live long in their memories. Dal Santo over Montanga.

I may have been harsh labelling him an idiot but Jones has failed to cash in AND challenge for footballa ultimate prize. End of my career I'd want the flag. Loyalty is a bullshit concept used by fans and clubs against the players when they have no second thoughts on dumping players on the scrap heap.

Lets throw another one before I leave you guys to bask in Jones signature, is Junior a Geelong legend?

Why do you think that Jones isn't earning decent coin at Melbourne? It's all the same salary cap. Maybe Jones plays football for the love of the club and the sport and wants that to be his legacy. If you don't think players should be judged for a lack of loyalty you shouldn't judge them when they are loyal. I get it, you hate loyalty in sport. But is he really an idiot because he prefers playing with his mates and the challenge of obtaining success from the club he started at over a bit of extra money (If that) and an easy ticket into finals? Loyalty is admired because it is so often one way. Yes he could have taken the easy way out. The fact that he didn't shows a great strength of character.

Junior is in the same boat as Barrassi.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its good news but is it main board worthy ?

'Teams three time best and fairest winner/captain/Free Agent signs on for four more years.'

In the middle of off-season when nothings going on I'd say yes.

But you can stick to your hypothetical 'make a best 22 from players under 5 ft 9' and 'who is the worst 350 game player' threads if you would like.

'Teams three time best and fairest winner/captain/Free Agent signs on for four more years.'

In the middle of off-season when nothings going on I'd say yes.

But you can stick to your hypothetical 'make a best 22 from players under 5 ft 9' and 'who is the worst 350 game player' threads if you would like.

Why be rude ? Was just asking a honest question. No need to get pissy mate

I'm just kidding. Big footy is an incredibly boring place during off-season. I think its good when any news comes and breaks up the crappy hypothetical's.

Fantastic news.

I have a lot of respect for Jones and the manner in which he's carried himself for the last few years. Hopefully he can taste some success in the coming years.

In fairness, you were one of the posters agreeing that Cotchin's thread was MB worthy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back