NFL (14/15) Super Bowl XLIX: New England Patriots vs Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Game Predictions...(1 vote per category)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
d8Q6pob.jpg

no comment...

Most over-hyped Patriot this week: Jamie Collins. Single-handedly stop Wilson running? Please. Just because he is the only player with athleticism in their front 7 #shotsfired

Patriot who deserved more talk this week: Devin McCourty. Wilson is going to have to take extra care on those deep balls.

The games I've watched of new england Collins has always played really well, gets pressure on the qb and can cover.

I'll be running around all day working and wont have any chance to actually sit and watch the game, or portions of the game, all day. Will have to wait to watch the replay on gamepass later in the evening.

Ive got no choice but to work aswell! Joys of being your own boss. I'm doubting my ability to work all day, then go training without hearing the scores one way or another. Much rather watch it without knowing who's won!

They're showing a recap of the Beastquake game... never figured out that Lawyer Milloy ended up all the way in Seattle after Belichick cut him

Watched that last night and thought the same thing

Sounds like a man who hasn't watched Jamie Collins terrorise opponents this season. But yes, McCourty is a baller.

We've matched up against Laurainitis, Willis, Bowman, Keuchly year-in-year-out, not to mention practicing with Wagner and Irvin. I rate Collins highly but suggestions that Wilson won't be able to run the ball entirely due to his influence is nonsense.

We've matched up against Laurainitis, Willis, Bowman, Keuchly year-in-year-out, not to mention practicing with Wagner and Irvin. I rate Collins highly but suggestions that Wilson won't be able to run the ball entirely due to his influence is nonsense.
You're right but that's only because it will be the combined effort of the front 7 not just Jamie Collins. The Patriots will mix up the spy and they won't declare who it is. That should keep Wilson off kilter.

My hope is the Patriots keep Wilson in the pocket. When you take away his ability to run, scramble and extend plays, he panics and can be forced into poor decisions. Keeping Wilson in the pocket and stopping Lynch are the two biggest keys to stopping Seattle's O. That's on 11, not 1.

It seems that some people are having their tickets cancelled

I really hope that doesn't affect anyone from this board. That would be awful
I brought that up with the travel partner of WhyAlwaysMe. They're set. Picked up their ticket today and have it in hand :thumbsu:
kirky - You safe on that front?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meanwhile on the Seattle side...

Most overrated = DLine. We have struggled to get to the QB the last few weeks, Brady will kill us if given time. Post-Mebane and Hill injuries inside pressure/gobbling up double teams have been non-existent which has meant Avril and Bennett have been less effective in my opinion.

Most underrated = LB corps. Everyone talks about the DBs; Wagner, Irvin, Wright with reigning SB MVP Smith back up is nothing to sneeze at either but without the hype. Wright will be as important as Chancellor in containing Gronk.

Siliga and Branch as ex-Seahawks in the Patriot DLine rotation will have as much knowledge as anyone outside of Seattle on the weaknesses in our OLine and how to stop Lynch. Conversely, I think Baldwin is really looking forward to the Browner match up - consistently got the better on him during practice.

The problem I have in tipping a winner in this game is both teams are the sort of teams that find a way to win (legal or otherwise).

So based on the season we've had, I'm tipping the game goes into overtime and is decided on a blown call by the officials.

Therefore a Pats win.

Meanwhile on the Seattle side...

Most overrated = DLine. We have struggled to get to the QB the last few weeks, Brady will kill us if given time. Post-Mebane and Hill injuries inside pressure/gobbling up double teams have been non-existent which has meant Avril and Bennett have been less effective in my opinion.

Most underrated = LB corps. Everyone talks about the DBs; Wagner, Irvin, Wright with reigning SB MVP Smith back up is nothing to sneeze at either but without the hype. Wright will be as important as Chancellor in containing Gronk.
Can't disagree with anything you've written. I see interior DL as Seattle's major and glaring weakness on defence. Typically, interior OL has been where the Patriots have had trouble so that match up alone may determine the Patriots ability to pass or run on the Seahawks. I appreciate the LOB but Brady has passed on comparable D's before and if the OL wins their match-up, I expect he'll continue that trend. It really is that simple on O for the Patriots. Win at the LOS.

Siliga and Branch as ex-Seahawks in the Patriot DLine rotation will have as much knowledge as anyone outside of Seattle on the weaknesses in our OLine and how to stop Lynch. Conversely, I think Baldwin is really looking forward to the Browner match up - consistently got the better on him during practice.
Rotate McCourty to Browner's side and that should take care of that.

Rotate McCourty to Browner's side and that should take care of that.

Honestly I would not be surprised to see us not throw a ball beyond 20 yards the whole game (excluding broken plays). Our WRs are so outmatched in the secondary that I expect a heavy running package and short routes to pick up first downs. Having said that, if (like against GB) there is a look with no high safety I don't think Wilson would hesitate on a Browner 1-on-1.

So, everyone will agree on one thing - the coverage of the game. For those not getting pay-tv feed, how bad will it be? OneHD cut off a lot of the post match coverage last year. How bad will 7 be this time?

Starting with no HD starts...........

Honestly I would not be surprised to see us not throw a ball beyond 20 yards the whole game (excluding broken plays). Our WRs are so outmatched in the secondary that I expect a heavy running package and short routes to pick up first downs. Having said that, if (like against GB) there is a look with no high safety I don't think Wilson would hesitate on a Browner 1-on-1.
Revis and Browner have been massive additions to the Patriots secondary. Something I've noticed is the other players, whether it's by role or by coaching (Revis has been instrumental in coaching up the younger Pats DBs), the secondary plays tighter and more aggressive. I think this is a significant advantage for the Patriots provided they can stop Wilson from extending a 4 second play to 8. I would hope the Patriots force Wilson to complete short to intermediate routes as that takes away the big play and works to the Pats advantage.

Given this discussion, it all sounds so easy on paper and a computer screen!

Nah **** that, I want him to miss it and have the Seahawks lose so their bandwagon fans crack it over him missing the game.

Yes I'm still bitter.
I'm sorry to say. But the Seahawks are not to blame for GB's loss.

I think you are vastly underestimating the joy of having you first child being born
Personally? I'd feel a little, I don't what word I'm looking for, but something not positive, if I knew my dad chose not to play in a GF to just be present at my birth. I'd much rather knew my dad went out there and kicked some ASS!

This is crazy

The Seahawks over the last 8, fourth quarters have allowed just 14 points, including the playoffs. This is a truly an impressive accomplishment when you think about it. But think about this. Over the same 8 fourth quarters, the Pats defense has given up only 13 points

I want to place a bet on a Superbowl MVP, Legarrette Blount seems appealing with his odds(17/1) Thoughts folks ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back