Preview Pre-Season 2015 - Training, Pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Im slightly concerned about the lack of talk about Viojo-Rainbow and NAB challenge games and options for round one where there is talk about Boekhorst, Smith and others. Do i have a right to be?

Absolutely no reason to be and DVR will get his development across half-back and around the wings.
At this stage of things he has some plenty of time to get his name up along the likes of Docherty, Sheehan, Tuohy, Buckley, Yarran etc.

Boekhorst was drafted as a specific need and Smith may see some action for being something we may be lacking in.

DVR will be right.........................he's a good one.......................and that left leg...............:eek:

Talking about set ups not being quite right...I watched the carlton V Norfs game last night and Robinson pretty much spudded up up every time he had anything to do with handling or kicking the ball - hard it ok - but was a liability in the midfield....Waite had a blinder though:(

Talking about set ups not being quite right...I watched the carlton V Norfs game last night and Robinson pretty much spudded up up every time he had anything to do with handling or kicking the ball - hard it ok - but was a liability in the midfield....Waite had a blinder though:(
The one time Waite gave it some effort, all in order to get that bigger contract from North.

North adopting the Carlton approach of recruiting those who play well against them.

Ball handling and ball handling under pressure is the most important skill in the game. Robbo was dreadful, as I've said before, he'd play on the ball, get it 25 times, but miss out on getting it another 10 times through bad ball handling and those other 10 times were turnovers or an extra ball up and put pressure back on us. Bell is the same. Mclean was very slow by hand. You get guys like Judd and Murphy who are clean and one touch and it just takes the pressure off and really lifts the possession rate, clearance rate and disposal effectiveness of the team. The thing I like about Graham is that he seems to handle the ball under pressure well. Takes possession as soon as he touches it and is very quick control it so it's in a position to dispose of. It's something you'd hope our recruiters would be very wary of.

i could not agree with you anymore on Graham gbatman ! Based on those reasons I would have Graham ahead of Bell ! Cripps and Graham have similar traits re ball handling and disposal under pressure etc

Therefore my order of the 3 are:

Graham
Cripps
Bell

Ball handling and ball handling under pressure is the most important skill in the game. Robbo was dreadful, as I've said before, he'd play on the ball, get it 25 times, but miss out on getting it another 10 times through bad ball handling and those other 10 times were turnovers or an extra ball up and put pressure back on us. Bell is the same. Mclean was very slow by hand. You get guys like Judd and Murphy who are clean and one touch and it just takes the pressure off and really lifts the possession rate, clearance rate and disposal effectiveness of the team. The thing I like about Graham is that he seems to handle the ball under pressure well. Takes possession as soon as he touches it and is very quick control it so it's in a position to dispose of. It's something you'd hope our recruiters would be very wary of.

AFL is the ultimate hybrid game.

Last edited:
Pretty sure this is a thing that happens in a lot of sporting organisations worldwide. Not sure what the reasoning behind it is though.

probably because its not important. does anyone really care how tall or heavy they are to the exact cm or kg? if you list the correct or incorrect numbers it doesnt make them play any better/worse

probably because its not important. does anyone really care how tall or heavy they are to the exact cm or kg? if you list the correct or incorrect numbers it doesnt make them play any better/worse

No. I believe if you are shorter and people lost you as being taller you feel better about yourself

Well, why not get it right?
Is the information incorrect because:

1. Errors are made.
2. We list the wrong heights and weights knowingly.

Where's the justification for either? I don't get it and I know..........it's not important........this isn't important.......that isn't important.......and before you know it that becomes the signature............close enough is good enough. That's not good enough. Excellence should run throughout the organisation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andy Maher just called DVR to be the next Ken Hunter........:eek:

If ever you are right in anything Andy..................make it this.

I saw a bit of the Jets last year, and yes DVR did stand out with his left foot. Not sure about the Hunter comparison though.

Andy Maher just called DVR to be the next Ken Hunter........:eek:

If ever you are right in anything Andy..................make it this.

Did he then explain the punchline of the next joke someone made? Or assure us that it was, in fact, a joke and that the subject of said joke should not sue?

Well, why not get it right?
Is the information incorrect because:

1. Errors are made.
2. We list the wrong heights and weights knowingly.

Where's the justification for either? I don't get it and I know..........it's not important........this isn't important.......that isn't important.......and before you know it that becomes the signature............close enough is good enough. That's not good enough. Excellence should run throughout the organisation.

I really believe it's number 2. Wouldn't surprise me at all if those numbers on Sheehan were from a few years ago when he originally came over with Tuohy. I can distinctly remember hearing NBA commentators laugh about the height and weight listings by the different clubs, it's seen by them as a way of fooling other teams into thinking that a player isn't as strong or tall as he is.

I really believe it's number 2. Wouldn't surprise me at all if those numbers on Sheehan were from a few years ago when he originally came over with Tuohy. I can distinctly remember hearing NBA commentators laugh about the height and weight listings by the different clubs, it's seen by them as a way of fooling other teams into thinking that a player isn't as strong or tall as he is.
It's definitely number 2. It's way too commonplace to have been done in error.

Kruezer is in a moon boot after hurting the same foot he missed all of last season with, did it in last weeks closed doors intra club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back