Preview Pre-Season 2015 - Training, Pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

B-A5UMSCMAI7Wj8.jpg:large

I am willing to bet Tommy has no ****ing idea what this lady is saying.

Love his footy though........

Tommy: "....so that's how you open those little orange juices without spilling them"

In a strange turn of events, I was just walking to the local pool and I saw a load of school kids get off a bus ahead. Was about to take the long route to avoid the crowd but saw some teachers standing by a nearby shed so figured it safe to head straight through the ferals :) ...

As I get a little closer I see they look marginally more like men than boys ..

Next thing, I see tommy bell and most of the carlton footy team walking straight at me. (Less intimidating than the school kids).

By chance I was wearing my CfC hat and I go to Army while pointing at my hat "this is pure coincidence" ... He goes "that's it mate" ... Clearly didn't take in a word of what I'd said.

Running a footy clinic with local school kids.

Admittedly it may not seen such a strange turn in a country town like Shep, but that's the real twist ... It's in Seymour ... A happenin' place I tells ya!

* teachers were fellow onlookers

Last edited:
Carlton Footy Clinic Wrap:

- Was hangin to see DVR's left boot, so was shattered when he sat on his arse for ages. Eventually got involved. Was a little disappointed with some of his kicks coming up short, especially given they only needed to travel 3 metres. Not sure about his future on an AFL size field.

- Liam Jones showed that he doesn't mind the old cheap shot, making sure that he gave each kid a hit on the noggin after they turned their backs on him and his hip'n'shoulder bag to run to the back of the queue. Relentless. Hit them 100% of the time.

- Tom Bell absolutely sprayed a kick and nearly took out an unsuspecting 7 year old when trying to hit Liam Jones in the back of the head. Liam Jones was also totally unaware. Daisy got much closer.

- Hendo, who was leader of a group of 6 year olds, decided to get involved in the drill for a laugh and caused chaos and confusion amongst his group. The other players had the last laugh though, announcing that Hendo's team came last.

- Daisy flicked up a ball up with his boot, only for it to crack him in the nuts. Almost down for the count.

- Other questions from the kids (Jammo running the show)

"How many Grand Finals have you lost?" J: None, so that's a positive.
"Who are you most scared of from Melbourne?" Someone: Dawes
"Who are you most scared of from Hawthorn?" .. J: No one
"Who are you most scared of from Richmond?" ... J: No one... We're not scared of any other players so let's leave that.
"Where's Chris Judd?" ... Team points at Shane Rogers

On a slightly serious note, the guys were quite enthusiastic and involved. It was good to see. Even at a clinic like this you can see the skill of some vs others ... eg. Daisy was doing some tricks with footy in hand and boot that 99% of the team wouldn't be able to do, I'm guessing.

Few Carlton jumpers on the kids. They were hilarious. So excited and giving it everything.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- Was hangin to see DVR's left boot, so was shattered when he sat on his arse for ages. Eventually got involved. Was a little disappointed with some of his kicks coming up short, especially given they only needed to travel 3 metres. Not sure about his future on an AFL size field.

- Liam Jones showed that he doesn't mind the old cheap shot, making sure that he gave each kid a hit on the noggin after they turned they're back on him and his hip'n'shoulder bag thing to run to the back of the queue. Relentless. Hit them 100% of the time.

- Tom Bell absolutely sprayed a kick and nearly took out an unsuspecting 7 year old when trying to hit Liam Jones in the back of the head. Liam Jones was also totally unaware. Daisy got much closer.

- Hendo, who was leader of a group of 6 year olds, decided to get involved in the drill for a laugh and caused chaos and confusion amongst his group. The other players had the last laugh though, announcing that Hendo's team came last.

- Daisy flicked up a ball up with his boot, only for it to crack him in the nuts. Almost down for the count.

- Other questions from the kids (Jammo running the show)

"How many Grand Finals have you lost?" J: None, so that's a positive.
"Who are you most scared of from Melbourne?" Someone: Dawes
"Who are you most scared of from Hawthorn?" .. J: No one
"Who are you most scared of from Richmond?" ... J: No one... We're not scared of any other players so let's leave that.
"Where's Chris Judd?" ... Team points at Shane Rogers

On a slightly serious note, the guys were quite enthusiastic and involved. It was good to see. Even at a clinic like this you can see the skill of some vs others ... eg. Daisy was doing some tricks with footy in hand and boot that 99% of the team wouldn't be able to do, I'm guessing.

Few Carlton jumpers on the kids. They were hilarious. So excited and giving it everything.
Great post. Thanks.

- Liam Jones showed that he doesn't mind the old cheap shot, making sure that he gave each kid a hit on the noggin after they turned their backs on him and his hip'n'shoulder bag to run to the back of the queue. Relentless. Hit them 100% of the time.

After the clinic, three of the kids told the journos they had never been hit on the noggin so hard. Also mentioned that Jones was clinic-ing the house down.

I didn't hear the whole exchange, but thought I heard the term 'explosive beast'. Not sure if the kid was talking about Jones or the horror story he wrote for homework....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back