Southern Football League (Vic) Division 3 Seniors & Reserves 2015

2015 Premiership

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello guys just a question I see a new bloke has come to our league RDFL from your league Scott Lambert not sure which club but can anyone let me know what he's like and what team he came from.

He did a wayne carey to us lol
Nah think he from division 2
Hello guys just a question I see a new bloke has come to our league RDFL from your league Scott Lambert not sure which club but can anyone let me know what he's like and what team he came from.

Bentleigh, division 1 reserves of player

Well there is a difference
1) your $20k on food and drink over 3 weeks is very light on more like $15k/week and you are not paying a tender fee
2) the big benefit is that the profits are not going to THREE of 30 odd clubs because they have a fence around them.

SFL must embrace the 'E' word soon or more teams will be in the crap...... EQUALISATION!

or another idea is to allow the clubs that are in financial strife to run the finals $45k / 3 or 4 would get them on their feet. Its all too easy really, just depends if anyone at top office have the gonads to implement. Doubt it.

You got it wrong though, the league takes the gate revenue and the tender fee as it is now anyway. So they wouldn't just take gate revenue in place of the tender fee because they currently get both. Clubs only make money on food, drinks, raffles , etc.

From what I've heard clubs hosting finals tend to break even around the Prem Final time and only start to make a profit Grand Final day. So taking $20k profit on Grand Final day alone is pretty reasonable I would of thought.

Another intelligent relevant post Hooker.

From a club that destroyed the most important day for Div3 last year and bring discredit to all the hard working people at the clubs and league I wouldn't be mouthing off too much princess.

Both you and trendy miss the point, the richer clubs get propped up by Finals football and then go on and get richer.

Here is an idea for Cannizzo (I will type slowly Hooker and Trend so you can keep up).

Why not find the best three grounds in SFL in terms of facilities, parking etc etc and then as normal allocate a Division to that ground (not the club) and have EVERY club involved in that division run the finals and then split the profits?. This is better than current tender process where 70% of member clubs do not get a look in for finals.

As example (as stated Hooker and Trend it is just an example) Div 3 finals play at Hallam. The league collects the gate revenue in compensation for the tender bid revenue. They pay for security out of this and gives them a healthy profit

The league also through their massive purchasing power across the 3 divisions, source all food, drink and any vendors for the total final series.

Under strict management, volunteers from EVERY club in that division then manage the selling of everything inside the venue. Total profit at the end of the series is then split and paid back to every club in the division.

Gee now that's thought provoking. It allows league to get revenue (also saves time and bullshit going through a tender process), all clubs work together to achieve an equal result. Oh yeah, with every club involved in the final series attendances would surely increase as well.

Bounceback in theory sounds great but you know the trouble the league had/have with having different clubs carrying out different tasks on the day, for the clubs that don't make the finals generally the volunteers have had enough by the last round of home and away and are not always willing to volunteer more of their time for the club coffers. You always had the same blokes from the same very few clubs try and assist.
Another possible solution would be for the League to appoint the host club with the rights to bar and canteen and then the league get the tender fee and the gate and they divide some of the margin after costs equally to the other clubs that do not host finals, the SFL would need to cut costs at Head Office to do that and as you know there are plenty of ways to do that, junkets, wages, inefficiencies etc..

You got it wrong though, the league takes the gate revenue and the tender fee as it is now anyway. So they wouldn't just take gate revenue in place of the tender fee because they currently get both. Clubs only make money on food, drinks, raffles , etc.

From what I've heard clubs hosting finals tend to break even around the Prem Final time and only start to make a profit Grand Final day. So taking $20k profit on Grand Final day alone is pretty reasonable I would of thought.

Yeah but thats when they were purchasing the food and drink and taking the risk of non-sales. Lets look outside the square : Under this the league buys the items and across 3 venues will get a significantly greater discount than 3 individual clubs buying the same especially if linked to a sponsorship agreement.

Again, lets think outside the square, if a few clubs are struggling financially then the league either has to spend money to prop up and/or forgo revenue in total or spread over some years. If they just take the gate and allow them to split the internal ground revenue as a payment against debt then its all the same I would have thought. Benefit is the clubs remain alive an vibrant.....oh, I can remember the great one stating "we must look after our own clubs first" Again the underlying movement is why allow 3 clubs (invariable ones with strong bank balances) to secure $20k each year just because they have a fence whilst poorer clubs have no chance of competing. Again, if we are looking after our own clubs then why is such an imbalance continuing to occur in this league?

In terms of running the work load, if the 'carrot' is there for clubs to pay down debt them the players and supporters owe it to the club to assist under strict SFL management i.e. you wouldn't have same club working one bar as example.

Further revenue not stated is the vendors in the ground i.e. the coffee vendor is not there for nothing they would be paying so to other vendors so additional revenue missed.

Just trying to provide some positive ideas in a negative environment.

I understand what you are getting at Bounceback and you are right something must change to even it up a bit and your ideas are good but I would not have the faith in the admin delivering.

I understand what you are getting at Bounceback and you are right something must change to even it up a bit and your ideas are good but I would not have the faith in the admin delivering.

The unequal playing field is the issue in this league from club location to finals tender process which is the which is the biggest w*nk.

Here is my idea re player subs which is so in consistent across the clubs. The league should actually bill every registered player their subs and they are paid to the league. As an example : Players in Div 1 charge say $100 Div 2 $80 Div 3 $60 why? (1) Div 1 clubs financially strong to pay players (2) Div 1 get the best umpires etc. If player registers for 3rds then they pay a lesser amount and are unable to play up or club forfeits (stops clubs using 3 rds devious means) The league pulls the money in from players (Bpay) and if not in by 4th game then become unregistered (wow, now that is more pulling power than a club treasurer chasing subs up until the last round eh!. Also alleviate any 'light fingered' officials at any clubs getting 1st access.

The league then takes their cut and remaining pool is split between clubs based on number of register players. So in effect the league gets ALL their $$$ upfront so no club is un-financial and clubs then get an equal return back.

This Equalisation is just so easy its mind boggling that we are spending thousands on people at HO and no one can come up with it.

The unequal playing field is the issue in this league from club location to finals tender process which is the which is the biggest w*nk.

Here is my idea re player subs which is so in consistent across the clubs. The league should actually bill every registered player their subs and they are paid to the league. As an example : Players in Div 1 charge say $100 Div 2 $80 Div 3 $60 why? (1) Div 1 clubs financially strong to pay players (2) Div 1 get the best umpires etc. If player registers for 3rds then they pay a lesser amount and are unable to play up or club forfeits (stops clubs using 3 rds devious means) The league pulls the money in from players (Bpay) and if not in by 4th game then become unregistered (wow, now that is more pulling power than a club treasurer chasing subs up until the last round eh!. Also alleviate any 'light fingered' officials at any clubs getting 1st access.

The league then takes their cut and remaining pool is split between clubs based on number of register players. So in effect the league gets ALL their $$$ upfront so no club is un-financial and clubs then get an equal return back.

This Equalisation is just so easy its mind boggling that we are spending thousands on people at HO and no one can come up with it.
Where do you suppose the gate money and finals tender money goes now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sfl changing their name to Southern Football Netball League. New name New Logo.
So it's a big F U to all the clubs that bought new jumpers with the logo printed on.
probably have to get new jumpers again. Oh and socks and shorts

And netball uniforms.
Wonder if they're going to let clubs host netball games than. Would be nice to get revenue from netball. At the moment the dingley courts get all the profits

And netball uniforms.
Wonder if they're going to let clubs host netball games than. Would be nice to get revenue from netball. At the moment the dingley courts get all the profits

Oh get over it bud, it's only money. SFL Clubs have plenty don't they?

Cash coming out of their arses mate. What's another $4000 on jumpers. And the players won't mind paying for socks and shorts again as they all have heaps of spare cash
Good to see your well in the loop there know it all. Your name really does ring true. Seeing this document was only to club officials, I'm guessing you have a high standing at an SFL club. Giving you the right to vote NO to the proposal if it doesn't suit your club.

Just reading this thread regarding league name change. Surely the league would cover these costs. Pretty sure jumper supplier could do something with the jumper logo "maybe" otherwise as a club I wouldn't be happy to fork out this money either.
Club merchandise would be at the clubs expense but surely not the jumpers..
Shorts are probably required each year so no big deal there.

The SFL will change branding etc but surely they will only ask clubs to buy stock with the new logo when the old stuff gets worn out, they would not expect all clubs to purchase a whole new set of gear.. surely a transition period will be in place whereby in say 3 years all clubs will have the new logo..

I think people are forgetting 1 key factor of finals grounds. The ability to fence it off. Grounds like Clayton make it as a finals grounds a lot of time even when the surface is terrible. I played a grand final there in absolute slop. But it's ridiculously easy to fence it off, and that's one of the requirements.

Do you think they'd ever be able to fence off Sandown's ground easily? Get a decent ground in there? Park cars anywhere? I was using Sandown as an example, but I can't think of many D3 grounds that don't suffer similar problems.

Giving the league full access to a "suitable ground" like Cheltenham or Mordiallic, and telling all D3 clubs to get together and run the day at a ground that isn't theirs, seems short sighted. You can't expect those clubs to just hand over keys to their entire facilities to members of 10-12 other clubs for a day.

I think people are forgetting 1 key factor of finals grounds. The ability to fence it off. Grounds like Clayton make it as a finals grounds a lot of time even when the surface is terrible. I played a grand final there in absolute slop. But it's ridiculously easy to fence it off, and that's one of the requirements.

Do you think they'd ever be able to fence off Sandown's ground easily? Get a decent ground in there? Park cars anywhere? I was using Sandown as an example, but I can't think of many D3 grounds that don't suffer similar problems.

Giving the league full access to a "suitable ground" like Cheltenham or Mordiallic, and telling all D3 clubs to get together and run the day at a ground that isn't theirs, seems short sighted. You can't expect those clubs to just hand over keys to their entire facilities to members of 10-12 other clubs for a day.
Robert Tighello talking sense.How will The Mighty Mount go this year

Back