No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah people make too much money, other clubs get hand outs, I don't agree with taxing the big clubs as a Hawks supporter but if they want to have an 18 club competition for a few more years they need to keep some of those clubs going to we can continue to win more flags than them :)

If we win another flag therell be an entire department in docklands working out how to bring us down again

Watch for the "no free agency transfer to teams who have won three flag ina row recently" rule

Or the "you can only use a salary cap for every percentage of your team colours that aren't brown and gold"

And then suddenly the training gear change towards navy blue/grey makes sense

If a club needs $12mil of assistance from the governing body, it should just be shut down.
Don't think the $12 Mill. was for assistance it was AFL distribution money ,we received $10.5 mill. but they still received $1.5 more than us. :confused:

So GWS give a million a year to Cameron? The big-money, long-term deals going to these kids are laughable. At least Cameron has had one good season to base it on unlike Boyd. It'll be interesting to see which club is the first to have a long term contract backfire badly, like a few did in the early 2000s.

So GWS give a million a year to Cameron? The big-money, long-term deals going to these kids are laughable. At least Cameron has had one good season to base it on unlike Boyd. It'll be interesting to see which club is the first to have a long term contract backfire badly, like a few did in the early 2000s.

Playing afl is fast becoming no longer about the love of the game and winning premierships but how big a pay cheque you can get - sad times ahead

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing afl is fast becoming no longer about the love of the game and winning premierships but how big a pay cheque you can get - sad times ahead

Well, sad times for some clubs. The clubs who can keep their stars around on smaller paychecks will be swimming in flags, and once teams figure out that paying one player 10% of your cap doesn't work, the big deals will end, just as 5+ year deals stopped for a while in the early 2000's.

Madness.

That's because Eddie knows exactly what's going on behind closed doors and you never open a closed door.
Eddie won't say a thing when his mates are in it up to their necks.

Eddie won't say a thing when his mates are in it up to their necks.
I think you are right . . . barely a bad word said about his mates at bomberland. Very unusual!

"I'm heartened ASADA is looking for a loophole on this one. If they have come up with one, that's very good," said McGuire, on Triple M's Hot Breakfast.

"My understanding is that players may actually have been told that if is the case they have done something wrong without their knowledge, they may get a black mark against their name but they may still be able to play on."

"Your lead story there is; 'Good News For Bomber Fans, You'll Have A Team This Year'."

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne...see-essendon-players-escape-severe-penalties/

“The Charter camp alleged to me that they have been offered a job by ASADA,” Eddie McGuiresaid on Triple M’s The Hot Breakfast on Friday December 5 when talking to special guest Derryn Hinch.

“At some stage he has been offered a job by ASADA to become poacher turn gamekeeper, to be aFrank Abagnale* type of position.”

“I would have thought that would have been highly inappropriate to be offering any position to anybody at any stage.”

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne...hane-charter-allegedly-offered-job-by-adada-/

But more recently . . .

“I’d love to see an end to these silly caffeine tablets and sleeping tablets at night time and all that sort of stuff. One, it’s not a good look and, two, I think it does lead to other things ... Get rid of them,” Eddie said.

“I’m not saying let’s loosen the ties (with ASADA), I’m saying let’s get tougher, let’s go harder.

Eddie also thought an overall review of the illicit drugs policy should be undertaken, saying: “Let’s tighten it all up, let’s have a good look at it and let’s be sensible about it not be hysterical, not pretending that it’s not there, let’s not be ashamed if something happens, it is a health issue as much as anything else.”

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne...die-mcguire-wants-afl-to-be-tougher-on-drugs/

"The Bombers have got to have a hit-out as well, they're being snookered because they're waiting to see what the (tribunal) result is and, like everyone, we'd like to actually know what the result is and then you can cut your cloth accordingly," McGuire told Triple M radio on Thursday.

"But you'd be filthy if you were St Kilda if they [Essendon] were playing blokes on the Friday night that should be playing on the Saturday."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ession-with-williamstown-20150305-13vy4d.html

lol I did the same Liverpool v Burnley. Dare I say it on a BF forum......it was much more attacking and better to watch. :eek:

Last July, in the week where Germany destroyed Brazil 7-1, Melbourne kicked 4 goals (vs. Geelong) and St Kilda 3 (vs. North). :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back