Mega Thread Crows Media

Remove this Banner Ad

What do people think about the new appointment of Chris McDermott as a major part of the writers at the advertiser?

I'm surprised there is enough money in Print Media these days to fund an extra job to be honest. Why him ahead of many of the other journalists trying to get a job in sports writing. Is he qualified at all?

I think he does have some good points to say, and he wasn't all bad on fiveaa, (but not all good either) but is his appointment solely based on being apart of the 'boys' club?
Either boys club or affirmative action seems more and more the only way into a gig, good luck male sports commentary that couldn't make the pros.
I admit though when I see people that haven't been out there on the field and are now talking footy, I question their take on things and how they got there.

Just opened up to rooch's rantings. Complaining that Fagan has asked the media to be more balanced in their reporting. How is that unreasonable rooch?

Then he goes on & has a crack at Walsh & Tex too for good measure.

Rooch, I'll give you a tip - Afc will continue to freeze you out & treat you with contempt whilst you continue to write pure shyte! You are obviously incapable of being a balanced reporter Fagan was requesting by this dummy spit once again, so don't expect to be relevant on the eyes of Afc or it's supporters. You are truely pathetic as chief football writer & a complete disgrace to this state.

/Opinion.

Last edited:
Just opened up to rooch's rantings. Complaining that Fagan has asked the media to be more balanced in their reporting. How is that unreasonable rooch?

Then he goes on & has a crack at Walsh & Tex too for good measure.

Rooch, I'll give you a tip - Afc will continue to freeze you out & treat you with contempt whilst you continue to write pure shyte! You are obviously incapable of being a balanced reporter Fagan was requesting by this dummy spit once again, so don't expect to be relevant on the eyes of Afc or it's supporters. You are truely pathetic as chief football writer & a complete disgrace to this state.

/Opinion.

This is the first area where the AFC, under new management (Fages), is assuming respect and rightful repute. We do not have to tolerate the biased, destructive campaign of Rootchi and his employer The Sadvertiser. And make no mistake people, it is not just the lowly 'journalist' Rootchi, but also his employer playing the PAFC anti Crows game. So Go Fages. /Opinion.

Best analysis by a sports journalist I've read of the Crow's current situation.
(By Kathryn Kernohan, The Guardian.)
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2015/apr/01/afl-2015-season-preview-part-three

Adelaide Crows

It’s hard to get a gauge on Adelaide. Remember 2012, when the plucky young Crows fell agonisingly short of a grand final berth in a preliminary final thriller against Hawthorn? Having failed to make the finals since, two years of underachievement cost coach Brenton Sanderson his job last September. But even in their poor years, they’ve tantalised. Last year the Crows beat no-longer-little-brother Port Adelaide and the ‘Pies at the ‘G, in a finals-like cauldron. At the same time, they drop home games against the hapless Dees.

The Crows frustrate because their top-end talent compares favorably with any other team. Patrick Dangerfield, Rory Sloane, Daniel Talia, Sam Jacobs, Eddie Betts and new captain Tex Walker – who should be back to his best almost two years after tearing his ACL – are all among the best handful of players in the league in their positions. Add in another pre-season to emerging midfielder Brad Crouch and the raw talent of Charlie Cameron and it’s a better than average list.

Adelaide’s 2015 fortunes lie largely with new coach Phil Walsh, an intense man who’s promised a harder edge and consistency to what had become a decidedly flaky team. Only two years ago, Ken Hinkley turned the crosstown rival Power from a basket case to a contender overnight – but hey, no pressure, Phil. The Crows might lack a second quality key defender; Jarrad Waite and Mitch Clark scored heavily against their inexperienced backline during the NAB Challenge. And questions remain as to whether the enigmatic Josh Jenkins or ageing James Podsiadly can provide enough support to Walker when the heat is on.

But Adelaide still boast talent all over the park and frankly, another September without finals may just convince the out-of-contract Dangerfield that his fortunes lie back at home in Victoria. Now there’s a headline that will keep the new coach awake at night. (KK)

Pretty decent summary I reckon.

Read that this morning Harris Pilton and interesting that we were placed as finalists with Geelong, Essendon and Gold Coast (so the bottom half of the 8 is the Guardian thinking)

Good, I'd consider anything other than a final 8 finish as a fail. I'd like to think we'd be top four, but maybe we'll have to leave that til next year. We are the enigma for 2015.

As KK says, a "decidedly flaky team." That pretty much sums up our 2014.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awesome stuff!!

"Charlie Cameron…welcome to the big time"!!!

The Jenkins v Collingwood, Betts first boundary kick, and Crouch v Port goals were the 3 loudest moments at AO so far imo!

Also, i hope the AO crowd rallies behind Danger this year as we play our part in keeping him.

Imagine if this was a former Crow media personality interviewing a power player, editorialising the line saying he was "devastated" to be drafted by the club and making half the interview about his connection to another club and when he will go home. They would be going nuts about the "crow bias media"

Imagine if this was a former Crow media personality interviewing a power player, editorialising the line saying he was "devastated" to be drafted by the club and making half the interview about his connection to another club and when he will go home. They would be going nuts about the "crow bias media"

Personally I was fine with it.
Never say never at the end was just because you need some power with contract negotiating, you wouldn't say I'll never leave no matter what, that would bite you on the arse.

Personally I was fine with it.
Never say never at the end was just because you need some power with contract negotiating, you wouldn't say I'll never leave no matter what, that would bite you on the arse.
I had no issue with anything Talia said, but Tredrea has clearly been studying at the Rucci school of journalism.

Nothing wrong with that interview.
It was a good point they made re: one key reason being how settled his missus is. Where is she from?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back