Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you have a top 3 selection you are almost obliged to follow the media, so Melbourne could not really go outside popular perception (although did not help with Watts and Morton) as they would have been crucified had they chosen anyone other than Brayshaw (who Roos was in love with) and Petracca who will both be good players. I wont be surprised if De Goey ends up better than Brayshaw and Cockatoo or someone else ends up the best of the lot. The top 20 of this draft was very even so will come down to development but I think we have two potential 200 gamers in De Goey and Moore who both also possess excellent leadership skills.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2015-05-09/powerful-de-goey-impresses-again
CEjeYpCUUAMiVpN.jpg

Disappointed with the mark. He had to throw himself forward and almost knock himself out. No point taking a screamer and landing on your feet. For show anyway, for football reasons I guess it's okay.

Disappointed with the mark. He had to throw himself forward and almost knock himself out. No point taking a screamer and landing on your feet. For show anyway, for football reasons I guess it's okay.
Serious or not, I'd normally agree, but that mark was pure class.

You just have to love this kid already, knows what he is going to develop into, and wants to get there quick.

Thanks Bear Lions.:)
“I’m a goal kicking midfielder, that’s the way I like to play. Any chance I get it’s really important that I finish off and get to kick those goals,” De Goey said.

“I did a few good things here and there but I just couldn’t finish off in front of goal unfortunately.”

He's coming in next week for sure, I'd almost bet my life on it. There just isn't any other reasons left to leave him out. Welcome back to the Seniors JDG.

That's a really interesting point. As a kid, the most spectacular marks (real or imagined) were always the ones which ended on the ground, a tangle of arms and legs. Maybe it's because it creates the appearance of someone who's just been dropped from the heavens, ball in hand, truly majestic.

Having said that, love that JDG is flying for the skies, and showing another component to his already impressive game.

He is a very exciting prospect. In his first season against men and he comes out and dominates every week.

I think it will be very hard to keep him out of the seniors this week. He's knocking the door down.

This kid will be an A grader, no doubt in my mind, very level head on his shoulders and just oozes class, also has a fierce determination to succeed.
The thing i like is he can do some serious damage, some players are accumulators, they get you your 30 touches but are really just links in a chain, which there is noting wrong with btw but this bloke just screams class, give him a sustained run at it and look out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to be a star. Such a ripper attitude on a kid who can clearly play. You could say he's just towing the company line saying he'd like to get selected but if not, he'll come back and play his role in the VFL but he just means it. You get the feeling, ala Pendles that he will never let you down with effort.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a really interesting point. As a kid, the most spectacular marks (real or imagined) were always the ones which ended on the ground, a tangle of arms and legs. Maybe it's because it creates the appearance of someone who's just been dropped from the heavens, ball in hand, truly majestic.

Having said that, love that JDG is flying for the skies, and showing another component to his already impressive game.

Players in the 70s were hilarious the way they went to ground and did several rolling turns on the grass to try and emphasise how epic their marks were. If you Youtube you can probably get an idea. Peter Knights was a serial offender but by no means alone.

I liked the Darren Millane no nonsense style of the 90s, stand on a blokes head, take the grab then step down from him and just keep running. Hoping the Goo can adopt this model. No lairising or Hollywood behaviour - that's more of a Geelong or Melbourne thing. We don't need that sh1t at Collingwood.

He is way beyond knocking on the door now.
The guy is kicking at it, shouldering it hell he has even got himself a battering ram.

Must come in this week.

He is way beyond knocking on the door now.
The guy is kicking at it, shouldering it hell he has even got himself a battering ram.

Must come in this week.

Deserves a call up on form. Having said that for some people (Id don't know De Goey's personality) its better to dominate for a fair amount of time before jumping up a division and maybe not getting much of the ball which deflates your confidence. Reid spent a whole year playing well in defence before he came in.

Deserves a call up on form. Having said that for some people (Id don't know De Goey's personality) its better to dominate for a fair amount of time before jumping up a division and maybe not getting much of the ball which deflates your confidence. Reid spent a whole year playing well in defence before he came in.

I read in last weeks Footy Record the De Goey’s Favourite Saying “More Work You Put in The More You get from it"

I was standing outside the huddle at 3 quarter time against the Dogs a couple of weeks ago.
Tarkyn was talking to all the midfielders and what I remember is De Goey giving his input like a veteran of our club.

Besides being BOG that day just the confidence to speak up so early in his career is an indication of his ability and character.

It also helps when you back it up when the game needs to be won.

Kid has unlimited potential. Must play this week for me......his time in the VFL is done!

Pfffffttttt...pick 5..
Needs to take six of those a week to live up to the hype.
Thank the invisible person you pray to that he wasn't pick one!

That make no senses what so ever:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back