IS it time to move Rance into the middle and Elton to full back?

Remove this Banner Ad

Do what other teams do to Jack.
Put 5 players on him.
Cant wait for Elton and McBean to get a game.
yes. Lets face the truth here. Its either Alex on Cloke or no one. Elton at least has the right physical attributes to play on him. What do we want to see here, Chappy Astbury or Grimes on him. Thanks but no thanks.

Would love it. Rance and Vlastuin in the middle would make us a complete different team. Looking forward to going to the G and see how Mcbean, Elton and Ellis play. 3 talls at each end. Astbury will be back soon
Astbury is ok but im not convinced on him yet...time will tell

Rance is not a midfielder. i can see why people think it would work, but it wouldnt. He doesnt have a fast enough brain to get through congested midfield traffic, plus his skills are not there enough. He is a brillian, brilliant key back/rebounding defender. And he must stay there at all costs. He could pinchit in the guts for a period if there is no match up for him down back, but noone should be saying that he should be in the guts and not on cloke tomorrow....

Rance is not a midfielder. i can see why people think it would work, but it wouldnt. He doesnt have a fast enough brain to get through congested midfield traffic, plus his skills are not there enough. He is a brillian, brilliant key back/rebounding defender. And he must stay there at all costs. He could pinchit in the guts for a period if there is no match up for him down back, but noone should be saying that he should be in the guts and not on cloke tomorrow....
Exactly right..

Please put him back in defense FFS. This was a dumb idea in the first place and it isn't working. He's in the best few defenders in the league.
Rance at full back is one of the few spots on the ground that doesnt need fixing so we go and change it to a role he isn't suited for. Work it out, so ******* stupid.

Tough initiation for Elton today sorry second game. He battled a bit and clearly has a way to go.

Please let us continue to play him though. He shows he has a bit to work with imo. Lots of young defenders have had it tough in their early games. With a bit of time and patience this kid could become the big kpd we seek to play on your Cloke, Walker, and Hawkins types.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dumb idea that was a disaster.
Close thread.
It's not a dumb idea other wise the golden child wouldn't have done it . Should of been practised over the pre season. All you guys have been calling out for since Jackson retired is a defensive mid . This guy is good enough to set up a half back line in the centre line against 65% of the teams we play against

It's not a dumb idea other wise the golden child wouldn't have done it . Should of been practised over the pre season. All you guys have been calling out for since Jackson retired is a defensive mid . This guy is good enough to set up a half back line in the centre line against 65% of the teams we play against
Rance is an AA CHB and you want to try and turn him in to a mid - with no guarantee of success.
Rance is a once in a generation player in his current position, but you think throwing this away to retrain him for another position is a good idea. It's just one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard on BF...and that's saying something.

Elton...I'm OK with developing him but right now he's too raw to be playing in the ones.

Rance is an AA CHB and you want to try and turn him in to a mid - with no guarantee of success.
Rance is a once in a generation player in his current position, but you think throwing this away to retrain him for another position is a good idea. It's just one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard on BF...and that's saying something.

Elton...I'm OK with developing him but right now he's too raw to be playing in the ones.
It's called building a premiership side . Do some research on where Mundy used to play for the first 6-7 years of his career

Tough initiation for Elton today sorry second game. He battled a bit and clearly has a way to go.

Please let us continue to play him though. He shows he has a bit to work with imo. Lots of young defenders have had it tough in their early games. With a bit of time and patience this kid could become the big kpd we seek to play on your Cloke, Walker, and Hawkins types.

Agreed. Has an excellent mentor in Rance and should continue to learn from him.

Don't mind the idea of putting Elton against the best in the comp.... if Rance retires/leaves we will need to play somewhere there. Better to get games and experience in to him now than realise he has none when we need him.

Did it work? No... and Rance was a bit like a fish out of water. He looks as though he needs to work off someone to be at his best....

No problem at all with DH trying stuff, most on here have a crack at him trying nothing.... Can't have it both ways.... Cost us nothing and Elton learned a fair bit I would think. Needs a bit more size on him too....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back