Analysis Post game Pies v Suns. A terrific win

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly right TD. The problem is he plays one game like today and then goes missing for the next 5 weeks.
White has been playing like that for the last few weeks, only difference this evening was he kicked straight.

White jagged 9 marks and kicked 2.2 against Geelong
Against Richmond he kicked 2.3
Tonight it was 4.1

White has been good this year, he is playing career best footy since we dropped Gault

White has been playing like that for the last few weeks, only difference this evening was he kicked straight.

Tonight it was 4.1

White has been good this year, he is playing career best footy since we dropped Gault
I thought the difference today was that he played more confidently and more intelligently, and read the play better.
Also great that he kicked better

I thought the difference today was that he played more confidently and more intelligently, and read the play better.

He also kicked Straight for Goal:eek:

He is settling in nicely. Maybe we don't need Casboult after all ;)

Tonight it was 4.1

totally agree.. first time in a while i actually feel confident hes out there. he really is starting to flex his muscle.. and the courage is there.. he knew he was going to get hit in the contest where he received that free kick and goal.. i dont understand why he has sprayed some shots though i thought he was quite accurate in the past. but yeah spot on could easily have had 12 goals or so last 3 weeks. having seen him live he actually looks just as daunting as cloke in size. he is massive really.. perhaps hes realising that now.. hes becoming more accepting of what his body can do.

totally agree.. first time in a while i actually feel confident hes out there. he really is starting to flex his muscle.. and the courage is there.. he knew he was going to get hit in the contest where he received that free kick and goal.. i dont understand why he has sprayed some shots though i thought he was quite accurate in the past. but yeah spot on could easily have had 12 goals or so last 3 weeks. having seen him live he actually looks just as daunting as cloke in size. he is massive really.. perhaps hes realising that now.. hes becoming more accepting of what his body can do.

Encouraging game from Mr White. If he can back it up against North I'm on board.

if we can develop our midfield even further.. i can def see pendles becoming a dangerous forward in the future.. given his height and goal sense and smarts. so heres hoping pendles plays until hes at least 35.

I still can't believe it is 200 already. Time goes so fast.

Encouraging game from Mr White. If he can back it up against North I'm on board.

i just think hes changed.. he just looks angry and whenener the ball comes forward he has that f off look ojn his face like 'its mine'. past 3 games i think he could have jumped a big hurdle in his career. i havent really seen him play anything like this.

Varcoe looked good offensively off half back but seriously lack confidence in him when he has to defend. Lucky we were playing the GC.

Langdon was woeful and can't see what everyone else sees in him. I'd drop him for Ramsay or Tooves.

Centre clearances still a massive concern.

Good win nevertheless.

Langdon was woeful? please just log off forever.

i just think hes changed.. he just looks angry and whenener the ball comes forward he has that f off look ojn his face like 'its mine'. past 3 games i think he could have jumped a big hurdle in his career. i havent really seen him play anything like this.

Hope so. He has all the attributes. Maybe, just maybe we might get lucky...

gentleman - best captain. how he hasnt been all australian captain my goodness i dunno. just used to giving it to selwood.. prob already named (c).

Duckwood can have that "honour". Nothing better than being captain of the Mighty Magpies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've just watched the game again, on my own without telling the kid to stop standing in front of the TV, and I really don't know what game some were watching. Some of the negative comments about players are bewildering.
E.g. Seeds' handball in the first half that resulted in a goal. 1) he was sold into strife by a s**t handball 2) he was tackled as he tried to handball.
Some in the game day thread wanted him hung, drawn and quartered.
Look closely at the game and identify what the team is trying to do.

I've just watched the game again, on my own without telling the kid to stop standing in front of the TV, and I really don't know what game some were watching. Some of the negative comments about players are bewildering.
E.g. Seeds' handball in the first half that resulted in a goal. 1) he was sold into strife by a s**t handball 2) he was tackled as he tried to handball.
Some in the game day thread wanted him hung, drawn and quartered.
Look closely at the game and identify what the team is trying to do.

It wasn't a great handball but he identified the right target and it was just a skill error that he'll probably never make again. Unfortunately for him it was the wrong place of the ground and the wrong player to handball it to.

Felt like crap with a cold all week, blocked sinuses meant the flight up to the Gold Coast was agony, have to fly straight back tonight as I've got important work stuff at 6am tomorrow which I'll probably bugger up as I'll only get 4 hours sleep...

But none of that matters as I got to high five Pendles as he left the ground after dominating his 200th game and leading the Pies to a 60+ points victory!!!!!

#allworthit
#willbeabsolutelystuffedtomorrowthough
We're you wearing a face mask? If not shame.

It wasn't a great handball but he identified the right target and it was just a skill error that he'll probably never make again. Unfortunately for him it was the wrong place of the ground and the wrong player to handball it to.
Agree with the second point but the handball was crap because he was tackled and drawn backwards so he almost missed the ball.

Okay Win. Those we looked good because we played Nothing.

My Thoughts:

• Nicholls Easily Beat Grundy and Witts
Huh? He had 26 hit outs to Witts and Grundy's 39. Generous to say he "easily beat" them. He did kick 2 goals while Grundy and Witts shared 1 goal 2. Is that what you mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh? He had 26 hit outs to Witts and Grundy's 39. Generous to say he "easily beat" them. He did kick 2 goals while Grundy and Witts shared 1 goal 2. Is that what you mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm with you. I thought Witts smashed the GC ruckmen in the second half. Kept giving us clear taps to advantage that resulted in clearances. I might have to watch it again to make sure.

The short term focus of some supporters on here is laughable.

There's only one measure we should be looking at, are we improving on last season.

Week to week there will be inconsistencies, we had 13 players last night that have played 60 games or less.

Don't judge the boys week to week, we're not Hawthorn or Fremantle where the average age of the list is 26/27.

Lower the expectations a little and focus on our improvements on 2013/14 Seasons.

You may even enjoy our games a little more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back