Analysis Post game Pies v Suns. A terrific win

Remove this Banner Ad

Whites game is improving, just needs to get consistency of effort and attack on the ball/contest.

Been his Problem his whole Career. Been Cold more then hot but can have the Odd Massive Game like tonight

Okay Win. Those we looked good because we played Nothing.

My Thoughts:

• Nicholls Easily Beat Grundy and Witts
  • Great to See Elliot get back in form in the 2nd Half
  • White Kicking 4 Goals but Can he back it up?
  • Varcoe best game I seen him play
  • Pendles was Pendles
  • Swan got the Ball but did not use it well
  • Sidebottom’s Class makes a Difference
  • We Kicking Straight for Goal:eek:
  • De Goey was okay but still bit Fumbly and Shanked a Few Kicks
  • Fas was Fantastic

Good to see the memories of the 2011 grandfinal are out of your mind.

take a contested mark and win a centre hit out and I will shut up.

post-33537-Jim-Carrey-Truman-Show-gif-wha-cIrC.gif

It was ONE game where Witts played marginally better. Calm down.
it was the first game (this year) where Witts has played marginally better.
It's a good sign that Witts is gaining confidence, and that maybe they'll settle into the side together

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that all you have got?

Seriously, what are you talking about. I have no idea. You bagged Grundy off one bad game. He has been totally superior to Witts all year. Witts was marginally better tonight and all of a sudden Grundy needs to pull the finger out. You been drinking?

It was ONE game where Witts played marginally better. Calm down.

Agree, Witts was a just better then Grundy.

Well Witts had more time in the Ruck so No Surprise.

Grundy still had his Moments. Had a Few Taps that went down Swan’s Throat and Nice Goal at the End

I thought our general play was pretty disappointing at times.

We were able to capitalise on a fair few 5-10 minute run-ons and White's two goals before HT were a good response to the mini Suns comeback.

Ball use and kicking was, for the most part, Collingwood circa 2013/14 level. But all of us would've been rapt with an 11 goal win before the game, and all of us should be rapt with that now.

Onto North, where a win would be important if we want to play finals. Need a huge improvement in our performance from today to be a chance.

Regardless of how scrappy that was, if you'd offered me a 69-point win I would have grabbed it with both hands.

Lots of positives to take away.
I didn't have the opportunity to watch the game live tonight but recorded it on Foxtel. Normally I wouldn't do anything to spoil the result but tonight I read the first half of the match day thread before watching the game. That lead me to believe that I was going to watch (almost) the worst performance in AFL history; except for the fact that, you know, we were winning.

The contrast between the terrible performance the forum posted and what I actually watched could not have been more stark.

I couldn't help but feel that this was because I was prepared in some way; that my expectations had been lowered.

Langdon and Seedsman were particularly pasted and, while they weren't great, the reason they weren't seemed to be Gold Coast's pressure.

Meanwhile I was calmer than ever watching the game. Not knowing the result, but expectations low. Most relaxed I've been watching a game... well... ever, and no way near as bad as some made out.

Does a Grundy lose his mojo a bit when Witts is also playing?

I'm probably imagining things, but it seems to me a pattern is emerging?

I still think we're too slow with Witts, we'll lose the ruck next week whether we play 0,1 or 2 rucks, so reckon leave Witts out and play another runner.

Bucks has said Witts and Grundy will be playing Together for awhile yet.

It is Intresting that Grundy has gone Backwards with Witts in the Side

Was at the game tonight.. Metricon is a really cool kid friendly stadium!!.. they have a skate ramp and a little footy bouncy castle fun park thing so I had loads of fun! For the knockers... Actually we looked real good at times in transition from half back and through the middle. Dammright slick at times in fact. Forward line was the most pleasing thing for me though with Cloke quiet but then we had Elliot and Fas !!!... and best game from White.. he had real presence and impact and those are not words I have ever used in relation to him before. Grundy and Witts did their best work up forward too.
Blair is very under-rated at the moment... was very good tonight. Pendles BOG by a mile!

Bucks has said Witts and Grundy will be playing Together for awhile yet.

It is Intresting that Grundy has gone Backwards with Witts in the Side
I don't think he's gone backwards TD, he just hasn't been required to do as much

It's important not to burn him out

I don't think he's gone backwards TD, he just hasn't been required to do as much

It's important not to burn him out

True on Both Accounts.

Though Both Grundy and Witts would like to be more Involved in the Forward Line.

Though I do get what Swooop Saying Witts is Slow though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back