Preview Changes/pre-match discussion v Collingwood (FINAL CHANGES: OUT: Wood/Jacobs IN: Brown/Swallow)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also remember going to the G against the Pies 2014 Easter...another ******* s**t day at the G.

Saying that I think we will win next Sunday.

I also remember going to the G against the Pies 2014 Easter...another ******* s**t day at the G.

Saying that I think we will win next Sunday.

If we win next Sunday tonights game will fade into obscurity. We will be 5 out of 9 with 2 home games to follow. We are also 1 week closer to getting some of our better players back. Things can turn very quickly.

If we win next Sunday tonights game will fade into obscurity. We will be 5 out of 9 with 2 home games to follow. We are also 1 week closer to getting some of our better players back. Things can turn very quickly.
Not sure if you are aware but we are 2 from 4 for home games and our next 2 are against top 4 sides. There's every chance we'll lose the next 3 if we play like tonight.

Not sure if you are aware but we are 2 from 4 for home games and our next 2 are against top 4 sides. There's every chance we'll lose the next 3 if we play like tonight.

Yes but if history tells us anything it is that we wont play like tonight. We will probably play quite well next week and get the points. However if we make wholesale changes to the team then that is much less likely. A lot of people seem to want to drop Gibson after his poor game tonight but they forget that he played a good game last week so there is no way he will be dropped and nor should he be. Atley and Mcdonald have been average for a few games and may be considered to be put back to the VFL but I think Dumont will most likely make way for a more experienced player.
The fact that the sides we are playing the next few weeks are near the top of the ladder is great because with the exception of Sydney I am confident that we will beat all those teams and establish ourselves in the 8 before the bye with a nice run home. to finish the year with.

WC are not top 4 material. Of that I am sure. We will beat them. Not sure about next week. Coming back from Perth is never easy and the Pies will be no push over, especially with Sidebottom back. We need to find our MOJO... And fast

pies are playing good footy, can't see us winning this especially if we don't how up like tonight.
Pies aren't playing good footy, they've been beaten by anyone that isn't completely ****, if we lose to them I will be very disappointed.

Outs: McDonald, Wood, Atley,
Ins: Mullett, Turner, Brown,

I think we need to clear the heads abit and not get to upset about this loss. Freo are far away the best team in the league and also playing in Subi. We had 3 of our best 4 midfielders out which killed us. Take Mundy, Neale and Pearce out their team and us full strength and then we will see what happens. I was also dissapointed that Majak didnt play, keep the forward system and play Majak.

In saying that the changes for me are pretty obvious

Out; Luke McDonald and Sam Gibson
In; Andrew Swallow and Ben Brown

Keep Mason wood and play him on the wing.

I think we need to clear the heads abit and not get to upset about this loss.
I'm not overly upset and if the truth be told, it's the result I was expecting.

I think what people are over is the cumulative effect from a history of drubbings we have dished up over the last few seasons.

4 out of the last 9 being ten goal plus beltings is indicative of a deep seated issue within the psyche of this team.

Out: Atley, Gibson, Lmac

In: Daw, BBB, Mullet

Drew plays CHB for rest of season and we let the 2 ins find some chemistry for the future...
The irony (considering our preseason concerns) is that talls are no the problem at the moment. On form, all of Goldy, BBB, Petrie, Waite, Hansen, Tarrant, Thompson are best 22 and arguably Wood should be given as many opportunities as reasonable and, on form, Daw should be playing too. It is in the midfield that we are crying out....but the cupboard is bare. Spitta, Wells, NDS missing hurt bad....and even just having Patch, Mullett (almost there), BMac, Garner, Harps available would be handy.

I'm not overly upset and if the truth be told, it's the result I was expecting.

I think what people are over is the cumulative effect from a history of drubbings we have dished up over the last few seasons.

4 out of the last 9 being ten goal plus beltings is indicative of a deep seated issue within the psyche of this team.

Hear ye Grogg-y

The irony (considering our preseason concerns) is that talls are no the problem at the moment. On form, all of Goldy, BBB, Petrie, Waite, Hansen, Tarrant, Thompson are best 22 and arguably Wood should be given as many opportunities as reasonable and, on form, Daw should be playing too. It is in the midfield that we are crying out....but the cupboard is bare. Spitta, Wells, NDS missing hurt bad....and even just having Patch, Mullett (almost there), BMac, Garner, Harps available would be handy.

Not signing Greenwood mid year has been a grave mistake... He would of signed but we low balled him and ran to the offers after a great season.

Cant blame him after the way Braddles treated him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OUT: Atley Waite (inj) Gibson Jacobs McDonald Wood
IN: Brown Black Turner Mullet
Thats it. Go with 20.
B: Wright Thompson Hansen
HB: MacMillan Tarrant Firrito
C: Higgins Dumont Harvey
HF: Ziebell Black Thomas
F: Brown Petrie Nahas
R: Goldstein Cunnington Bastinac
I: Turner Mullet

Out: Atley, Gibson, Lmac

In: Daw, BBB, Mullet

Drew plays CHB for rest of season and we let the 2 ins find some chemistry for the future...

Nah, never work.

I don't want to see anyone lauding McDonald's intensity. Sure he works hard but that should be a minimum standard across the board (the fact that it seems not to be is a blight on the playing and coaching staff). Absolutely torching the ball by foot I don't know how the selectors could justify him keeping his spot.
Shook my head when BS called him the next Luke Hodge in pre season. This is not how you get the best out of an impressionable 20 yo that still needs plenty of work developing his game.

so so so really disappointed. really BRAD. we play all year with a 3 man tall forward line and the one team who has 3 tall defenders is the week u dont pick DAW to keep our structure. Cmon BRAD. We lost it at the Team meeting on thursday. I know DAW was not going to win us the game according to the final score but it all starts at 0 - 0. it doesnt help when a player turns over the ball in the first minute (gibson) and away they go. McDonald needs a good rest in the twos. Woods efforts off the ball are uninspiring to say the least. Poor old Jacobs had so many hospital handballs passed at him im surprised he is still alive.
But two tall forwards worked against Adelaide.

We won't be winning jack s**t if we don't tidy our f***ing goal kicking up. We would be lucky to be going at 30% from set shots in the past fortnight. Petrie, Thomas, Waite, starts with you three.

B.S. has announced the team for next week !

Archer11 IUB BigEasy
Phillyroo Chazdog Tazaa
Twinkletoes Spitta2azza Gorman2 Geister
Hojuman Niko74 Chadwiko
Donkeychop Zondor Benbanjo

Gasometer Nate7 Ziebull

Boneofshin. Onlyfowards. Marklovesbeer. K4E

Apologies to all l have left out. I'm your Ash Watson, Liam Anthony type. You'll get a game the next week after l'm dropped. :(

Last edited:
I have watched a few of Collingwoods games over the last few weeks, and while IMO, they are a pretty average, middle of the ladder type of team, one thing that seem to bring every week is pressure on the ball carrier, both in chase and tackle, seeing that appears to be our Kryptonite, i am nervous about what might happen if we dont clean up our act significantly on what i had to endure tonight, Sugar Kayne should be straight back in the team at a bare minimum, and Majak needs to be given a tryout

Yep. Frost and Brown are the types to shut out Waite and Petrie if just try and bomb it long all game (likely tactic).

I just don't understand it. We played better last week when we lowered our eyes and spotted players inside the forward 50. EVERY ******* WEEK = bomb it long.

B.S. has announced the team for next week !

Archer11 IUB BigEasy
Phillyroo Chazdog Tazaa
Twinkletoes Spitta2azza Gorman2 Geister
Hojuman Niko74 Chadwiko
Donkeychop Zondor Benbanjo

Gasometer Nate7 Ziebull

Boneofshin. Flawedgenius. Onlyfowards.
Marklovesbeer.
I'll channel my best JMac impression on the back flank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back