Remove this Banner Ad

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
I've toyed with whether this was worth it's own thread or not, but I feel that it is.

What the hell is up with our total lack of any sort of aggression at the moment? It's been obvious for a little while but the Richmond game was as bad as any time during the dark years.

Richmond players would come up and get into our guys physically, and there might have been some meek resistance from the player targeted, but absolutely nothing from any of his teammates. Nothing.

Is Josh Carr not an assistant at this club?

I nearly spewed up when we had Trengove hurt on the ground starting to get up, Grimes went and shoved him over and faced absolutely no remonstration at all from any Port player. What a ******* disgrace! Dean Brogan would have crushed his skull like The Giant and Oberyn Martell, but there wasn't so much as a polite word from any of Jacko's teammates.

It's not only about helping out your mates, it's about the physical battle. We got physically dominated by Richmond and that set the tone for the entire game.

I hope I never see us that passive again. It was sickening.

I'm not sure if it's a bit of a "don't let them think they are getting to us" thing, to just Gandhi it up with the hope that we'll let our football do the talking.

But seriously, * that. Richmond are a team that crumble under the slightest bit of pressure, but we seemed to be actively avoiding applying it to them.

The lack of aggression probably goes hand in hand with the lack of weights training over the preseason.
Maybe we need some of this...

weight-gain-4000-2.jpg

I've toyed with whether this was worth it's own thread or not, but I feel that it is.

What the hell is up with our total lack of any sort of aggression at the moment? It's been obvious for a little while but the Richmond game was as bad as any time during the dark years.

Richmond players would come up and get into our guys physically, and there might have been some meek resistance from the player targeted, but absolutely nothing from any of his teammates. Nothing.

I nearly spewed up when we had Trengove hurt on the ground starting to get up, Grimes went and shoved him over and faced absolutely no remonstration at all from any Port player. What a ******* disgrace! Dean Brogan would have crushed his skull like The Giant and Oberyn Martell, but there wasn't so much as a polite word from any of Jacko's teammates.

It's not only about helping out your mates, it's about the physical battle. We got physically dominated by Richmond and that set the tone for the entire game.

I think half the problem with that one was the bloke who would have got stuck into them was lying on the ground injured. I did say last night that maybe we need "permission to get suspended" for a few weeks. Just to send a bit of a message.

We haven't even bothered the MRP (at AFL level) for weeks.

Where's the anger?

Even Melbourne got around Cam Pedersen when he poo'd his pants and got sassed by Hammer and co at 3QT of the dawn of the Hinkley era.

I made the same point in the review thread. I couldn't believe not one of our players didn't sit that weak prick on his arse and we didn't go to war. Utterly unacceptable from Port Adelaide. Jack Cahill would be turning in his grave and the poor campaigner isn't even dead.

Would love to see the players just go to there opponent just before the bounce and get stuck straight into them. Make a statement early. Tell them we're not here to * around, we mean business. Start a little melee. Nothing ridiculous just some pushing, shoving and jumper punches and get a bit of ticker in ya.

There is no aggression at all and no one is intimidated by us anymore.

Been thinking the same for a while. Boaky gets knocked about a fair bit off the ball and no one bothers looking after him.

It's that bad that it's got me thinking that it has to be coaches orders and part of the Ken respect the opposition mantra.

Personally I preferred it when no one liked us but we kicked teams off the park.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We recruit too many nice blokes from school and then put them thru media training and political correctness class.

Need to recruit a few tradies or meat workers from the abattoirs. I wished we would recruit a kid or two who left school at the end of year 10 or 11 took up a trade involving a bit of physical grunt work, is a footyhead but missed out on the draft at 18 or 19 because of dopey industry perceptions and is hungry as all hell to become a professional footballer.

We need a few mongrels with a rough edge that can be smoothed up when is 28 or 29.

We recruit too many nice blokes from school and then put them thru media training and political correctness class.

Need to recruit a few tradies or meat workers from the abattoirs. I wished we would recruit a kid or two who left school at the end of year 10 or 11 took up a trade involving a bit of physical grunt work, is a footyhead but missed out on the draft at 18 or 19 because of dopey industry perceptions and is hungry as all hell to become a professional footballer.

We need a few mongrels with a rough edge that can be smoothed up when is 28 or 29.

"We need big bodied, big arsed warriors with a healthy dose of mongrel, who are ruthless and brave" ;)

"We need big bodied, big arsed warriors with a healthy dose of mongrel, who are ruthless and brave" ;)
Finally getting thru to people ;)

#bringbackmattthomas #needgrunt #bigbodies
Young, Moore, Arch, Stewart are at our disposal in the SANFL and we pick Sam Gray.

The rough diamond recruited from an asbestos quarry won't be prepared to lose $1000 for a bit of how-do-you-do.

That's why Chad Cornes and Tredders were such a delight. Both silver spoon sons of guns who gave precisely zero fugs and imposed themselves mentally and physically without ever going away for it.

Opposition fans were offended - "wahhhh I don't like Port because of them" - but that's more to do with the fact we owned sides on more than just the scoreboard.

The fun thing about these threads is when someone like Hammer/Trengrove does retaliate and either get reported or give away a 50m penalty, everyone is up in arms about lack of discipline.

It was so obvious last night that they have a directive from the coaches to not retaliate. Perhaps other coaches have worked this out so they take advantage of it.

#bringbackthebiff

I thought Voss would have brought that hardness, but so far have seen no evidence of it :(

The fun thing about these threads is when someone like Hammer/Trengrove does retaliate and either get reported or give away a 50m penalty, everyone is up in arms about lack of discipline.

It was so obvious last night that they have a directive from the coaches to not retaliate. Perhaps other coaches have worked this out so they take advantage of it.

#bringbackthebiff

That's because Trengove is bloody woeful at it and when he chooses to take the route, does it in the completely wrong way. Remember that time he gave up 2 goals to Riewoldt before the ball was even bounced?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back