Preview Changes/pre-match discussion v Collingwood (FINAL CHANGES: OUT: Wood/Jacobs IN: Brown/Swallow)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacob is stiff.
Gibno, well i think he is lucky every week. But certainly was lucky this week.

I wouldn't drop Atley or McDonald.
I don't often agree with you but on this occasion I do. Gibbo is in the team purely because our other outside midfielders are all injured

And BJ is definitely stiff

Excuse me for intruding but...

Jacobs had a disposal efficiency of 91% against Freo with 24 disposals....how and why is he dropped (off field issue maybe :/) ?
It's pretty harsh. He gets caught in possession a fair bit. To me he's a beautiful kick when he's composed and sure of himself, but he has a tendency to panic with ball in hand and has poor awareness. I was hoping for a statement with Gibbo, Atley, LMac and Wood going out of the side before Jacobs.

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2015-05-28/scott

Scott said Jacobs will be given the chance to regain his touch for North Ballarat this Saturday alongside teammates Taylor Garner, Aaron Mullett and Brad McKenzie.

“A little bit of a reshuffle in the back half is the reason Jacobs misses,” Scott said.

“We’re looking to find that right mix to get our back half to the level that we set for it.”

Tall Mason Wood will have the opportunity to respond to his omission from the squad in Werribee’s clash against Sandringham on Saturday.

“While Mason worked really hard (against Fremantle), we feel there are some areas of his game that he’s got to go away and bring up to an acceptable level,” Scott said.

“He’s got elite work rate … but as a young player, he’s going to ebb and flow a bit in terms of his consistency.”

The rest of the article is about the ins, which are fairly self explanatory.

Jacobs had a disposal efficiency of 91% against Freo with 24 disposals....how and why is he dropped (off field issue maybe :/) ?

His kicking is fine. It's the fact that his brain works on a slight delay that keeps costing us, and why he is out.

Jacob butches the ball Wood needs a lot of work.

Is there really any difference in dropping McDonald and Atley for either of these? Jesus some people get sooky about selection.
The fact is Scott drops the same people all the time, when there are plenty s**t players running around.
Just hoping Scott does right thing tomorrow and drops McDonald. He needs to go in VFL for a little bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[QUOTE="chubbspeterson, post: 38789795, member: 50867"I was hoping for a statement with Gibbo, Atley, LMac and Wood going out of the side before Jacobs.[/QUOTE]

Were not 3 years of non statements a guide.

Who did you want in or out?
I want Atley and LMac out. They not only can't get it but they are shithouse when they do. Jacobs has out performed them both this year it's not even close.

Just reeks of favouritism. Typical selections by this club I wonder if they have any balls at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantastic if Swallow and Brown can play. Gotta feel for Jacobs. I wonder what he is thinking at the moment. He is really unlucky. You would think that he would have to be considering his future with us. He only signed a 1 year contract I believe. Every chance that he will request a trade at the end of the season.
Not so much signed a one year contract as was only offered a one year contract. Can't imagine many Melbourne clubs would be lining up for him, though he's probably better than a few who are getting games at Carlton.

The glass half full version for Ben is probably that he's done his long term prospects no harm in the past month and he's showing clear signs of improving.

Ask Scotts.

I want Atley and LMac out. They not only can't get it but they are shithouse when they do. Jacobs has out performed them both this year it's not even close.

Just reeks of favouritism. Typical selections by this club I wonder if they have any balls at all.
You belting your head against a brickwall. NM don't drop their "future leadership":drunk:

In unrelated news, Russia and Qatar still have their world cup hosting rights.

Like the ins, really hope Swallow and Brown can get up to play, Daw is in pretty good form in the VFL so he seems like a good replacement for Brown if he's still injured.

Is there really much difference between Jacobs, Atley and Lmac?? Enough that it could have any affect on the result? Atley at least can break a line and Lmac is still learning - and he kicks it much better than Jacobs. These selections are nothing to get upset about.

Not crazy at all, Jacobs may be stiff but he butchers the like no one I have seen, I don't think Swallow will play so in Brown & McMahon

You may have to re-familiarise yourself with three quarters of the list.

As for my take... Turn overs are killing us. It's extremely simple.

So you either turn it over less, or put more pressure on the opposition so that they turn it over more to balance things out a bit.

Some of Jacobs field kicking is great. But he gives away a lot of highs, get's caught with the ball (Like Cunners this year) and has a tendancy to shank a few (JZ, Gibbo). I think he does some decent defending, but I would rate Lmac as a better defender even if his kicking has gone to s**t.

I'm not sure of the stats, but my guess is that Wood hasn't been getting enough of the ball, thus we don't get his skills, and doesn't do enough defensive work, so doesn't put pressure on the opposition.

As for Atley, he has a DISGUSTING amount of upside. I pray every match that it suddenly clicks and he plays in the middle like he's capable. He has been in so many fantastic positions to either score himself, or kick to a team mate who's caught their defender out cold. Brad backs people in, like it or hate it.

As for the ins Swallow and Brown are easy to figure out. Daw is as well given his form, and how Brown + Waite are both under injury clouds. Mcmahon is a logical option to replace Jacobs, won't rack it up as much, but is a solid defender and is pretty smart. Turner will bring the defensive pressure and some smarts if he's gotten used to his weight and his form has improved.

Anyway, that's how I read it. Not really too sure what to think or expect any more. I'm so baffled by our skills being s**t that I'm not sure what Scott can do. Dal and Wells would make a big difference (not just with pushing average players out, but we would have less possessions in scoring chains due to their mixture of skill/smarts thus less opportunities to * up), but nowhere near enough to account for the s**t we're seeing now.

In terms of the ladder, we're hanging in there. We have upside in players returning from injury, upside in players out of or down on form, and upside in our general structures and skills.

I still think we can finish top 4. We're making it hard for ourselves though.

Is there really much difference between Jacobs, Atley and Lmac?? Enough that it could have any affect on the result? Atley at least can break a line and Lmac is still learning - and he kicks it much better than Jacobs. These selections are nothing to get upset about.

Jacobs has achieved 20 or more disposals in 5/7 games, a feat Shaun has not managed and LMac has reached twice.

LMac is arguably the biggest butcher of the ball in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back