What do you call a Parmigiana?

What do you call a parmigiana?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Grew up in Melbourne where we all called it a parma.
Moved to Sydney, where all my mates call it a parmi.
Maybe I just know more bogans in Sydney.

Used to only drink pots and took a while to adjust to schooners.
Now I look at pots and think WTF...too small.

Grew up in Melbourne where we all called it a parma.
Moved to Sydney, where all my mates call it a parmi.
Maybe I just know more bogans in Sydney.

Used to only drink pots and took a while to adjust to schooners.
Now I look at pots and think WTF...too small.

There is a reason the beer gods invented pints

Pots are good if you're a uni student because it generally means you can drink more.

How does that work?

Bigger glass-> fewer refills required->more time drinking, less time waiting at the bar.

How does that work?

Bigger glass-> fewer refills required->more time drinking, less time waiting at the bar.
Because a pot is cheaper than a schooner (I rarely buy pints, too expensive) and are generally more value for money.

Because a pot is cheaper than a schooner (I rarely buy pints, too expensive) and are generally more value for money.

No they're not

Work it out on a cost per ml, and the larger units are cheaper

It's because it costs pretty much the same over time for each of the glasses to buy and wash and serve, and that is the bulk of the cost in tap beer

Not sure where you drink, but most places have it worked out pretty easily...a pint costs about 2 pots, which is right on for the cost/volume. Mind you, I generally just buy jugs and reload my pint from them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It depends on if the places use American Pint sizes or British. One of my locals uses the American sizing which is only 470 odd ml's, the other uses British which is over half a litre.

The American sizing place I buy pots. It may cost me 60 cents more overall to buy 2 pots, but still, 2 pots gets me 100 ml's more.

It depends on if the places use American Pint sizes or British. One of my locals uses the American sizing which is only 470 odd ml's, the other uses British which is over half a litre.

The American sizing place I buy pots. It may cost me 60 cents more overall to buy 2 pots, but still, 2 pots gets me 100 ml's more.
Yeah, that's the same as my experience as well.

My ex was from NSW and she used to call it a parmi. I almost slapped her the first time I heard it, because it was the first time I had heard anyone call it a 'parmi.' I'm 23.

(I did not almost slap my ex, it's a figure of speech)
"ex wife" at 23 yo?
s**t man - you work fast!

470ml is not a pint!

Anyone serving me that and calling it a pint would be on the receiving end of a significant *RANT*

I take my boozing seriously!

Pints are more convenient, Pots are better for drinking sessions.
No they're not

Work it out on a cost per ml, and the larger units are cheaper

It's because it costs pretty much the same over time for each of the glasses to buy and wash and serve, and that is the bulk of the cost in tap beer

Wealkings. I drink out of the Keg.

beersinaus.jpg

Wealkings. I drink out of the Keg.

I generally drink pints, if I'm having a few quiet ones, but if I'm at a party, where there's a lot of chatting and stuff, I go pots. Mainly because warm beer is worse than the Carlton Football Club.

Back