What do you call a Parmigiana?

What do you call a parmigiana?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I wish I could order a pint regularly without seeming like an alcoholic :(

It's parmie though, what the **** is a parma? Next thing you'll be calling potato scallops potato cakes.
If your worried about being an alchy after 5 Imperial pints your doing it wrong :)
There is a reason the beer gods invented pints
couldnt agree more.
You drink them at the same pace as a schooner you think your going ok then bamm the hit you
Harden up cupcake :D
Not with practice
We need to get blasted one day spud, ill even run through another maccas naked to see if i can get you to s**t yourself laughing.

No they're not

Work it out on a cost per ml, and the larger units are cheaper

It's because it costs pretty much the same over time for each of the glasses to buy and wash and serve, and that is the bulk of the cost in tap beer

All the pubs I ever worked in, schooners worked out cheapest, marginally over pints.
As for preference, if I'm seated at the bar, it's glasses or 6's all the way. Beer stays cold. Nothing worse than the last bit of beer soup from a pint/schooner in summer time.

Quite famous for its fine cuisine (and known to some as "Food Valley," Parma specializes in two foods: Parmigianno-Reggiano formaggio (cheese), and prosciutto (ham). Both delicacies are revered and consumed on a national level, as well as the Parmalat and Barilla food products, founded in Parma.
In addition to these edibles, Parma takes great pride in its people. Throughout history, many notables have had their roots and work in this city: artists Correggio, Parmigianino and Paolo Toschi, film director Bernardo Bertolucci, and Giuseppe Verdi and Arturo Toscanini in music.

Hate to bring some reality into this debate, but it's Parma, always has been, always will be.

Parma is the birthplace of parmigiano, which is actually the real name for parmesan. So the parma we refer to is actually your crumbed veal with ham (prosciutto) and parmigiano (cheese) on top. THe tomato sauce (sugo) may also be involved.

Buon appetito.

Prego!

When it comes to great Australian pub meals nothing goes past the Chicken Parmigina or as it affectionately know the Chicken Parmy. This tasty crumbed chicken fillet is grilled or fried then covered with a slice of ham tasty tomato pasta sauce and smothered with cheese before being placed under the grill until golden brown. It is then served with chips (or fries, pommes as they are known in some countries) and a fresh salad or sometimes vegetables. Many pubs also do a veal / beef version prepared just the same. They are truly delicious and washed down with a pot or schooner of the best Australian beer you have had a fantastic lunch. The Chicken Parmy is that popular in Australia there are several websites, magazines and other forms of media rating the best pub parmy in the country. If you know a great tasting Parmi write us a comment so we all can try it.

True Aussie's call it a Parmy.

All the pubs I ever worked in, schooners worked out cheapest, marginally over pints.
As for preference, if I'm seated at the bar, it's glasses or 6's all the way. Beer stays cold. Nothing worse than the last bit of beer soup from a pint/schooner in summer time.
your beer gets warm? :eek:

chicken snitz + napoli sauce + grated cheese. add ham to taste

When it comes to great Australian pub meals nothing goes past the Chicken Parmigina or as it affectionately know the Chicken Parmy. This tasty crumbed chicken fillet is grilled or fried then covered with a slice of ham tasty tomato pasta sauce and smothered with cheese before being placed under the grill until golden brown. It is then served with chips (or fries, pommes as they are known in some countries) and a fresh salad or sometimes vegetables. Many pubs also do a veal / beef version prepared just the same. They are truly delicious and washed down with a pot or schooner of the best Australian beer you have had a fantastic lunch. The Chicken Parmy is that popular in Australia there are several websites, magazines and other forms of media rating the best pub parmy in the country. If you know a great tasting Parmi write us a comment so we all can try it.

True Aussie's call it a Parmy.
did you copy and paste that from your blog?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fun Fact:

Did you know that Richmond has not defeated Port Adelaide in Melbourne since Round 6 2006.

Port Adelaide has not defeated Richmond in Adelaide since 2009.

Clearly the Victorians are afraid of us mean Adelaidians!
We have only played them at our home ground the 'G, 3 times since they were thought up.

Back