Autopsy Rd 9 Carlton v Sydney Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

He tries hard I'll give him that. Lacks the skill to make a difference in a top 8 team unfortunately.
But we are not a top 16 team currently. As long as he is able to accomplish the tasks given to him he can stay.

His effort and commitment to the team should be the benchmark minimum to point at.

Considering our season, our week, our outs, our opponents and their groubd the effort and the result is admirable. Need to capitalise on this and develop on it throughout the year.

And make Sav Rocca everyones kicking coach.

You can say it all you like... prepare to be disappointed... Curnow, Armfield, and White will be playing for the rest of the year. Because we don't have anyone to replace them with... unless you can pull a couple of A grade players out of thin air!
That was always going to be the case but they'll all eventually have to be taken out in favor of youth. I agree we just don't have the cattle at the moment but I'd prefer to see Holman in over Curnow and Buckley get a full game whilst Armfield could be a sub. Of course that depends on form in the seconds and so on. Hard to be picky at this point hey.

I'd like to know why they couldn't have put in that effort in the other rounds. That said, I hope we can keep it up. Now all we need is some skills...

Loving the efforts from Crippa, Doc, Rowey. Graham and Bucks did well considering they haven't really had much of a run this year.

I think we did a combination of one on one and some zoning in the corridor which enabled us to have more numbers close to the contest so we were in a position to lay hands on them more often.

Lol. Hannebery had 25 and 2 gls.

Curnow's dinky kicks and handballs to no-one-in-particular can GAGF.
Hanners got 25 touches of nothing. And the goals. One at least was a random snap from the corner with Curnow no where near him, probably off the ground.

Better than Carrazzo at a tag and thats all we have.

Also has heart

So, with respect to my comments re graham

I didn't watch the game. At all..just noting 15 touches is fairly garbage.

I want him to play every game. Absolutely. Just dont want to accept 14 touches as a good game. Look at crippa. That is a standard. Dont let the s**t that has come before cloud your judgement.

In future probably watch the game before you call a player out there trying his heart out for our team garbage.

Fair enough if you think high possession stats make you a gun or garbage player. I don't.

Cyril says hi

Happy with our competitiveness today.

Our back was decent but lacking the power to deal with Sydneys massive forwards.

Jones was completely dissapointing again today.

Those are probably the most obvious negatives.

I have heaps of positives to mention, but I cbf. Buckley, Casboult, Curnow, Cripps, Bell, all a job well done.

I haven't bashed jones at all this year, ive given the kid a chance before ive said anything, but hes just not up to it yet. I think if we had of played watson instead of Liam, we could of possibly had a more scoring game.

I want him to play every game. Absolutely. Just dont want to accept 14 touches as a good game. Look at crippa. That is a standard. Dont let the s**t that has come before cloud your judgement.

Cripps is a massive exception to the rule when it comes to young mids.

He tries hard I'll give him that. Lacks the skill to make a difference in a top 8 team unfortunately.
so would 28 others on our list and because of the nature of the draft it will take a couple of years to get that number down to only 3 or 4 in the 22 selected and a few to have them playing as a well drilled unit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My 3,2,1

Cripps
Baby Spider
Sammy Rowe

Delighted with Rowe's game tonight, hopefully he has gotten his mojo back.

Dre gives this team so much energy when he is up and about

Patrick Cripps.. What can you say ? That young man is something special, wouldn't trade him for Sunshine, Bont or anyone else from that trade ... My god, give him a Buddy ten-year contract now .. Future leader of this club.

Ummm, Gibbs, Murphy, Judd and Jamison didn't play tonight.

Gibbs, Judd and Murphy in for Tutt, Armfield and probably Carrazzo.
Jamison in for Jones

We have to play the kids - they are our future.
Graham was good tonight. Give the kid a break.

I think people are going to be shocked with how much better carlton will be after the bye. Thoroughly enjoyed watching the game and the endeavour on display.

Not a bad point.
Jamison should be back
Hopefully we get Kreuzer back
Henderson and Walker have another game under their belts
Judd, Murphy and Gibbs back.

You didn't even watch the game but you bag a kid for having 14 possessions in his 12th ever game. We know what you should do

THINGS LEARNT:

- Buckley needs to play a full game
- Jones is becoming more of a joke each week.
- Tutt proved tonight that he is far too inconsistent.
- White needs more time in the twos.
- Graham needs to stay in the side.
- Casboult is improving judging by his kicking so far.
- Rowe done the best he could.

Lol. Hannebery had 25 and 2 gls.

Curnow's dinky kicks and handballs to no-one-in-particular can GAGF.
Have to say Curnow is what is wrong with the team like so many others ....

He gives 100% which is admirable but he is just not a good, smart footballer when it comes to his disposals ... just cannot have that in the modern game.

If he was one in a few no problem but we have so many like him ... Probably one of the last "average" disposers of the ball to be cut but will be cut eventually ... can not see us winning a premiership with Curnows in the side

Wasnt hapoy with goodes' premeditated fancy dance after a cheap goal. Anyone else doing that would be lambasted.

Cripps, simmo and the usual suspects tried hard. Jones, graham, tutt had zero impact

Remove this Banner Ad

Back